No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-05-24, 6:27am
Formerly SirWatson

Default Looking for a Good Transparent Pink

Happy Hump Day everyone! I have a quick question that I'm hoping you all can help me with. For a while now, I've been in search of a good transparent pink that's actually pink. I saw exactly what I was looking for on Kandice's website and even emailed her about the pink she used. Here's a picture of the pink I'm talking about (with Kandice's approval, of course ):

Kandice indicated the glass she uses is Vetrofond transparent pink. I found some on ebay and bought it immediately, but when it arrived, I was sad to find that it's identical to the peachy-colored Moretti pink. There's hardly a pink hue to it at all.

Anyway, does anyone have an idea where I can find a pink transparent glass? Or, if you have some glass like the one in the picture above, would you be willing to sell some to me? I've been thinking about trying pale amethyst to see if that would make a good substitute, but each time I pull the rod...it looks too purple for me.

Thanks so much you guys and have a wonderful day!

Karla

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<><
Old 2006-05-24, 6:36am
~ a.k.a. Sharlee22 ~

I think she get this pink by etching it.
I also got some vetro transp. pink. Looks like the moretti but more pink when etched.
Well, that's my thoughts...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-05-24, 7:02am
Formerly SirWatson

I wish that was the case, but unfortunately it's not (at least with the glass I got). The first thing I did was etch the glass, and it stays peachy. Kandice also has some other pictures of this glass on her site that's not etched and it's just as pink.

<><
Old 2006-05-24, 7:34am
Expert Thread Strangler

The pink that comes closest to the photo you posted is the Effetre alabastro light pink. More translucent than transparent - I've never seen a good straight up light PINK transparent that isn't peachy.
Old 2006-05-24, 8:20am

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBriarePatch
The pink that comes closest to the photo you posted is the Effetre alabastro light pink. More translucent than transparent - I've never seen a good straight up light PINK transparent that isn't peachy.
I like that suggestion- I used some thin over clear and loved the translucent look it gave
:

--------------
Make Beads:

--------------

Do you make purple hearts? Let me know in your order and I'll send you free purple glass!
Old 2006-05-24, 8:23am
odd lot addict

Try the vetrofond 082

Old 2006-05-24, 8:26am
In search of her path....

the glass might loose a lil of the peachy ness when its torched and as others suggested once if you put it over clear it might loose it too then etch it also check out bulls eye hey have soem of the Best pinks ive found and they are very consistant in their colors.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2006-05-24, 8:28am
yukue fumei

ditto Jen
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vetrofond-Lavend...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by nagibeads; 2006-05-24 at 8:30am.
Old 2006-05-24, 9:42am
Formerly SirWatson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylee78
Try the vetrofond 082
Thanks Jen! Is that color similar to Moretti's dark lavender that turns blue in fluorescent lights? If not, I may have to give that color a whirl! It looks really pink in the picture.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vetrofond-Transp...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks!

Karla

<><
Old 2006-05-24, 10:27am

I'd try the Gaffer Soft Raspberry transparent cane. It's a nice soft pink. Gail's got it (or did).

Cindy

Old 2006-05-24, 10:46am
Formerly SirWatson

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far!

Let me clarify that I'm looking for glass that's compatible with Moretti/Vetrofond. I know you can use small amounts of glass with different COEs on Moretti (like frit and etc...), so keep those suggestions coming!

Thanks again!

Karla

<><
Old 2006-05-24, 12:18pm
odd lot addict

The Vetrofond batch is pink, I've never had any blue/lavender come out of it. Did someone from SL win my CA gift? Their is a pound of it in there and maybe you can bribe them to share a rod so you can test? I *think* Melissa had it? If not, I can send you some.

Old 2006-05-24, 1:09pm
Formerly SirWatson

Quote:
The Vetrofond batch is pink, I've never had any blue/lavender come out of it. Did someone from SL win my CA gift? Their is a pound of it in there and maybe you can bribe them to share a rod so you can test? I *think* Melissa had it? If not, I can send you some.
You're correct that Melissa won your gift. Don't worry about sending me any glass as I just ordered a 1/4 pound from IslandGlass on ebay. Thanks for the offer though! You don't get to send me any more glass since I still owe you some beadies!

Thanks again!

Karla

<><
Old 2006-05-24, 5:46pm
odd lot addict

No, you gave me a beautiful sunflower bead!

Hope the V-082 is the color your looking for!

Old 2006-05-24, 5:49pm
Is it May yet?

Hey, Jen, is there anything that you *don't* have??

For some, confusion is not a state of mind, but a way of life
Old 2006-05-24, 6:23pm
odd lot addict

Hmmm, a winning lottery ticket to keep up with my glass addiction?

Old 2006-05-24, 8:21pm
Is it May yet?

Quote:
Hmmm, a winning lottery ticket to keep up with my glass addiction?
ooh, that would be nice!!

For some, confusion is not a state of mind, but a way of life
Old 2006-05-25, 6:36am

I have some transparent odd glass. I think it may be just what you're looking for! It's a very pretty rose/pink color. If you're interested Pm me & I'll get you a pic.

Evolution is only a theory, just like, um, gravity.

SAVE THE CHEERLEADER, SAVE THE WORLD!
Old 2006-05-25, 7:19am
Cancer SUCKS!

Default Pink Glass

With pink glass being so popular, you would think that the glass manufacturers would work on it.

They could make a ton of $$$ if they could come up with some nice pink colors.

I to am a pink glass lover. I will be trying to order some of the transparent that was posted. I am also curious as to the one Pal is referring to. If you could post a photo here that would be great.

Deb in MN
Old 2006-05-25, 10:54am
Goofbead

Light pink sapphirine Bullseye is my fav.

"Wherever you go, there you are" - Buckaroo Banzai
Old 2006-05-25, 11:10am
Formerly SirWatson

Quote:
Originally Posted by softbleu
Light pink sapphirine Bullseye is my fav.
That IS a pretty color, but a little too "rubino" for me. I'm looking for something a little lighter (and something compatible with Moretti and Kugler).

I guess I could just make the beads completely out of Bullseye. Their Erbium Pink tint is the perfect color!

<><
Old 2006-05-25, 12:59pm

The first batch of Vetrofond Pink I bought was this nice shade that you showed - but after that it became more peachy. I've since replaced it with 082 lavender-blue / rosatto, which is much better, IMO. It's slightly more lavender, but a perfect transparent pink, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWatson
Happy Hump Day everyone! I have a quick question that I'm hoping you all can help me with. For a while now, I've been in search of a good transparent pink that's actually pink. I saw exactly what I was looking for on Kandice's website and even emailed her about the pink she used. Here's a picture of the pink I'm talking about (with Kandice's approval, of course ):

Kandice indicated the glass she uses is Vetrofond transparent pink. I found some on ebay and bought it immediately, but when it arrived, I was sad to find that it's identical to the peachy-colored Moretti pink. There's hardly a pink hue to it at all.

Anyway, does anyone have an idea where I can find a pink transparent glass? Or, if you have some glass like the one in the picture above, would you be willing to sell some to me? I've been thinking about trying pale amethyst to see if that would make a good substitute, but each time I pull the rod...it looks too purple for me.

Thanks so much you guys and have a wonderful day!

Karla

Old 2006-05-25, 1:01pm

It turns slightly lavender under fluorescents, but not like 081 dark lavender, and definitely more pink than 080 pale lavender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWatson
Thanks Jen! Is that color similar to Moretti's dark lavender that turns blue in fluorescent lights? If not, I may have to give that color a whirl! It looks really pink in the picture.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vetrofond-Transp...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks!

Karla

Old 2006-05-25, 1:29pm

I just got home & got a pm from Karla. I see that you would like a pic?? Hmmmm. Ok. Let me go take one & I'll be back!

Old 2006-05-25, 2:56pm
Formerly SirWatson

Hi Kimberly! I believe I have some of the glass you're talking about! I ordered it from Jodel when it first came available. I thought it was an odd lot version of the Dark Lavender that changes to blue in fluorescent light, but after checking Jodel's site, I see that it isn't.

When I got the glass in the mail, I think I remember it being more lavender than pink, so I haven't used it much. I'll have to check it out when get home tonight.

Thanks for all of your help, Kimberly! I can't wait to see your pics!

Karla

<><
Old 2006-05-25, 4:13pm

Default Lavender Rose

Hi:
Well, life got in the way of me posting, but that is the glass. It's not all that lavender. It's much more rose colored & very pretty. I love this stuff!
Lavender Rose Rods

LEFT: 082 Lavender Blue
MIDDLE: 082C Lavender Rose
RIGHT: 068 Pink

I didn't state what it was in my first post because I needed to check to be positive before I said it. (Can't be wrong, ya know.) Then had an appointment. Now I'm about to cook steak on the grill, and DH is getting on my last nerve. Why don't men know how to clean stuff? It's like I'd be better off giving him specific instructions & drawing him a map!

I hope this helps you out. If anyone has any questions, let me know!

Old 2006-05-26, 2:41am

Ooooooooh, I am off to look for that 082c color! Thanks for posting it!

Old 2006-05-26, 5:18am
Formerly SirWatson

Okay! I definitely have the rods that Kimberly has pictured above (the odd 082c). I made some test beads last night to see how pink they are after being annealed. When I get home tonight, I'll etch one of the beads and will post a picture.

After looking at my rods a second time...they definitely look more pink now!

<><
Old 2006-05-26, 7:26am

Kandice, it's not available anywhere as far as I can see... or I would get more! If you do find it, please let me know. It's such a pretty color, isn't it?

Last edited by Palestrina; 2006-05-26 at 7:30am.
Old 2006-05-26, 8:13am
on hiatus...

This is from Lbssupply, do you think it matches closely with the lavender in the middle of Kimberly's pic?

Last edited by Steph'sBeadCorner; 2006-05-26 at 8:26am.