No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-02-02, 8:52am
Wicked Mean Redhead

Default I don't why I ordered this glass, can anyone help

I placed an order for some glass the other day. Recieved my box yesterday, opened it. Opal yellow, check. Light Ivory, check. Special Green Ochre, WTH???? I so don't remember buying this glass. I knew I wanted silver blue when I ordered, I must have had a brain fart and clicked on the wrong color.

So, my question is, what is Special Green Ochre. Should I keep it? Does it react with anything?? Has anyone used this color?

Love getting older, you forget so many things.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-02-02, 8:56am
Student of DachZen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgillen
So, my question is, what is Special Green Ochre. Should I keep it? Does it react with anything?? Has anyone used this color?

Love getting older, you forget so many things.
Special Yellow/Green Ochre is the key ingredient for making "python" scale beads. I've used it for that before, and it works pretty good! I don't know if the tutorial is on here, but if you search for it, it should show up. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll try to track it down.

I've also seen it in some organic beads, but I don't remember where.

Old 2006-02-02, 9:08am

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgillen
Is this Moretti? If so, I am not familiar with it. What does it look like? Or is it the Vetrofond baby shit green?

Debbie
Old 2006-02-02, 9:15am
sunscreen me baby

It is a nice light shade of olive green on top of opal yellow. Here:
Attached Images

~

Old 2006-02-02, 9:19am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

ah purty beads! I like that color green!

Old 2006-02-02, 9:20am

Was it one of the ones on sale for half off last month? I just got an order with several colors that I normally don't use, and that I was already filled up on, but I ordered them just because they happened to be on sale.

Old 2006-02-02, 9:26am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ
It is a nice light shade of olive green on top of opal yellow. Here:
Beautiful set SuzyQ. I LOVE IT! My favorite colors too!

shari

Old 2006-02-02, 9:59am

A oh. I'm hoping it's not a color I should own. I've been asked to do some sample beads to go with sage green bridesmaids dresses. Of course I haven't seen the dresses.

So I 'should' be collecting all the odd greens I can get my hands on. From the picture on my monitor of those lovely ones, I'm thinking I should own some of this.

Dang, dang, dang. I'm going to need to check out the sites later to see who has it.
Old 2006-02-02, 10:15am
tweetysweetie

Wow, Suzy those are fabulous...I have to go check my stash now....Please, please let me already have some of this!! lol

Old 2006-02-03, 7:27am
Goofbead

I use it for the seeds on my sculptured strawberries too.

"Wherever you go, there you are" - Buckaroo Banzai
Old 2006-02-03, 8:12am

I also just got a glass order and was surprised to find that color. I don't believe I ordered it. I called the company and the said I did. I even asked if one of their links could have been attached to a different color, nope they said. I have tried it in a few beads, but it so reminds me of the carpet in my Mom's house in the 70's!!
Old 2006-02-03, 8:29am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1
Is this what you got?
I kinda like it but only in small doses.
Tracey

Listen to your inner voice. It knows what's it's talking about.
Old 2006-02-03, 8:36am
MomOnAMission

I have some of THAT stuff too, nice to see some examples of what to do with it! lol
Old 2006-02-03, 8:41am
Susan

I ordered yellow ochre. I expected a mustartd color. I WANTED a mustard color. I got the green stuff. I haven't tried it yet. It's not a bad color but when I order YELLOW OCHRE, It's becuase I want the mustard color

Old 2006-02-03, 10:43am
Where Am I?

Now I want some.That is a pretty color.

Some days you're the dog.
Other days you're the hydrant

phyliss
Old 2006-02-03, 1:53pm
Heart Of Glass Beads

Debbie - I think it's the Vetrofond baby shit green. lol. I have a pound of this that I got at last years Glass Craft Expo here. I thought it was a cool looking color, so I bought it. I have used it in vine canes and that's about it. I need to try it over opal yellow now since Susan posted the pics of her fabulous beads!

Carla
Old 2006-02-03, 5:07pm
Booger #7

I like it......

It kinda grows on you after awhile......

Old 2006-02-03, 6:44pm
Fusing Glass

I believe this bead is the special green-yellow ochre. i love this color!!!!!

Old 2006-02-04, 12:04pm

Me too! Love it. It's so earthy. If anybody wants to give theirs a new home I want! These plain spacers in this set are the yellow ochre that's really green. I think it looks yummy with copper.

Old 2006-02-04, 12:24pm

That glass looks like it's the same colour as a set of beads that someone sent me as a gift.... I said pukey green was one of my favorite colours so she sent me my own set of to quote her Monkey Vomit Green Beads!!!! We thought a listing on ebay using that as a colour descriptor wuld be a real hit!

But is that the colour you get now if you order Yellow Ochre.....? I think Moretti is turining out glass too fast ... maybe they aren't cleaning the furnace out completely between colours... they must be doing something weird....

Lynne
Old 2006-02-04, 1:25pm
Entropy increasing....

It looks like "Senape" vetrofond. It reacts great with raku.