Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2005-11-30, 10:10am

Default Photo Software Advice

What software do you use for your photos?

I'm thinking about buying Photoshop...any version?

Thanks,
Kathy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2005-11-30, 10:35am
ManBearPig

Photoshop is the king. But, it has a lot of features you will probably never use. I have used Photoshop since the first version came out. I was on the advisory staff for version 5. And there are still features I have never used.

You will probably be okay with a copy of Photshop LE or Elements unless you want to get into heavy image editing.

Old 2005-11-30, 12:34pm

I agree with Chad. I also have Macromedia Fireworks and it doesn't compare to Photoshop.

Need custom made price tags? Check out my friend
! Mention my name.
I LOVE these cards, plus they make life a little easier when getting ready for shows!

Old 2005-11-30, 12:55pm

Chad, what version of Photoshop Elements do you recommend? Should I pick up an older one on ebay or go with the current one (which is??)?

Thanks for your help. I'm currently using Microsoft Picture It Photo Premium 9 which, I think, came with my computer.

Guess a better camera wouldn't hurt either.

Cha-ching...

Old 2005-11-30, 1:48pm
ManBearPig

I'm not sure which is the current version of Elements. I know the current version of Photoshop is CS2 or version 9 (same thing). But, any of them will probably do what you need them to do.

Old 2005-12-01, 6:13am

Hi Kathy! I just wanted to let you know that I bought my brand new version of Paint Shop Pro 9 off of Ebay for $16.00. It is an unregistered copy. If you still haven't purchased it I'll be happy to look up the seller for you. I also referred two friends to him and they are as happy as I am.
Now I just need to learn how to use the program! LOL

Good luck,
Dawn

Last edited by Torched by Dawn; 2005-12-01 at 6:19pm.
Old 2005-12-01, 6:47am

Thanks, Dawn. If you have a minute and wouldn't mind looking up the ebay seller, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again,
Kathy

Old 2005-12-01, 12:31pm

Default Photo

Hi Kathy!
I looked up the seller and unfortunately he's no longer a registered user. But I did find an awesome auction! http://cgi.ebay.com/JASC-Paint-Shop-...QQcmdZViewItem It's the same thing that I have. There are 12 available and there are only 2 bidders so far. It ends in 10 hours. When you get it let me know if you need some tips using it! I'll show you what options I use on it. You'll really like it!
Smiles,
Dawn

Old 2005-12-02, 5:04am

Thanks, Dawn. I'm constantly amazed at the kindness of people on this forum!

I'm leaning toward Photoshop but will let you know if I purchase the software you suggested.

Thanks again and have a great weekend.

Kathy

Old 2005-12-02, 12:31pm
one day at a time

I use Photoshop Elements 2 and it's perfect for what I do. No need to upgrade to the PS 3 as far as I'm concerned. I think maybe you can find it at a good price on ebay. I like it a lot better than PSP 8, easier to use on bead pictures (for me anyway), and I have both programs.