Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2011-01-12, 4:29pm
Formerly SirWatson

Exclamation 6th Annual Missouri Bead Retreat!

It's that time again! Time to start planning for the annual Missouri Bead Retreat! We're only 4 short months away, so be sure to bust out your calendars and mark down the dates!

Here's the information on this year's event:

What:
6th Annual MO Bead Retreat
When: Friday, May 20th, 2011 - Monday, May 23rd, 2011
Where: Alhonna Resort, Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri
Cost: $95/person (includes 3 nights!)

We've reserved 4, four bedroom condos right on the lake! These condos are all a part the same building and contain extremely large, covered decks, which are perfect for torching! The set up has worked out perfectly last several years, and I can't wait to do it again! We have a total of 40 spots available, so be sure to sign up today!

Why should I go?

To socialize, make beads, eat, make beads, relax, more eating and making even more beads! It's incredibly fun and a great way to watch others work, participate in demos/activities or just to relax in general!

When's the deadline to sign up?
You can register all the way until the date of the retreat (assuming spots are available), but it's cheaper the earlier you sign up! We have another website with high level details on the retreat, so please check it out at: www.mobeadretreat.com!

Do I need to bring anything?

Yes! Besides yourself, be sure to bring some food or drinks to share, torches or lampworking equipment and of course....BEADS! We'll have sign up sheets (on the website) where people can volunteer to bring specific items, so be sure to check those out!

How do I get there?
The Lake of the Ozarks is centrally located in Missouri and easy to access from anywhere. It's about a 3 hour drive from St. Louis or Kansas City.

Do I have to stay for all 3 nights?
Nope, but you'll want to! Unless, you're staying for the day only, all retreat-attendees will need to pay the $95/person to help cover the reservations for all 3 nights.

Sounds like fun! Where do I learn more?
Be sure to visit the Missouri Bead Retreat website at: www.mobeadretreat.com.

Feel free to post general questions about the retreat in this thread! Melissa, Becky or I will be happy to answer them as soon as we get the chance! Thanks, and I hope to see you in May!!!

-Karla

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<><
Old 2011-01-12, 7:20pm
It's about having fun!

Oh gosh, I've lived in every town around the Lake of the Ozarks, I do miss it! I'm originally from Iowa but lived many years off and on there, as my parents moved there. Wish I could join you! Very fun place to visit!
Old 2011-01-12, 7:24pm
Formerly SirWatson

You're more than welcome to join us! We have people come from all over the country! Let me know if you have any questions!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<><
Old 2011-01-12, 10:42pm
Angel's Mom

Count me in!
Old 2011-01-13, 7:08pm
It's about having fun!

Thank you Solana, I just may do that, I have a close friend in Versailles and one in Sedalia, would sure be fun to do the show and visit my friends too! I also have a brother in St Louis, ewww that could be a fun trip..... hmmmm
Old 2011-01-15, 9:10am
Formerly SirWatson

Wow jonibird! It's as if it's meant to be! I hope you can make it! We have a blast and there is just so much to learn, see and do! Check out some pictures from last year's retreat:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2473221...7624013184843/

Thanks!
Karla

<><
Old 2011-01-18, 10:28am

I signed up Sunday sounds like a blast!

Old 2011-01-19, 9:35pm
Retired to the flame

Room paid, Oxygen thief's called to reserve tanks, time off approved! We will stay an extra day again this year.
Looking forward to seeing everyone, old and new!!!
Old 2011-01-20, 5:11am

My father lives in Versailles, and I may have to make a trip to visit him and play glass!

Forgive everyone of everything, instantly
Old 2011-01-29, 4:08pm
make beads not war

Um... yes you should Lisa. Come down so I can drool over your beads in person. LOL...

Seriously, it's such a blast, you will not regret it!
Old 2011-01-30, 7:19pm
One of the Booger 7

We are so there -- signed up and everything!

Old 2011-02-03, 12:23pm
I'm listen-Oooh, sparkly!

Okay, after much hemming & hawing, I'm in! I figure I've got to have something fun after a semester of grad school & grad assistantship, right?

"Be the change you want to see in the world." Ghandi
Old 2011-02-03, 1:59pm
make beads not war

That would be a big YES Cat. You won't regret it!
Old 2011-02-05, 9:10am
Is it May yet?

Is there a lost and found list from last year? I discovered I'm missing a few things, and last time I used them was at the retreat. Sad that it took this long to discover, but happy that I finally have some where to torch!

For some, confusion is not a state of mind, but a way of life
Old 2011-02-06, 10:00am

Default Confused... where is the info?

Okay.. so, I would like to attend, but I can't quite piece together the info I need? Is it because I can't see the info until I'm approved as a member on the other site?

I have never been, so I am not sure how it works... I don't have my own torch, so do I need to buy one to come? Is the oxygen and propane already there or do we have to bring it? Can I have my own room if I am willing to pay for it? Are beginners welcome?? I have only been lampworking for about six months... Do I have to reserve my own room with the place? If so, where is it... My head is spinning... is there even room left for me to come?

MB
Old 2011-02-07, 10:01am
Is it May yet?

Part of the registration fee covers the oxygen, and a lot of us bring our own propane with us. There are several different torches set up, and you are welcome to 'sample' any of them, you don't have to bring one to be able to participate. Beginners are welcome. There are other rooms available at the resort, and Karla has it set up so that you can pay a slightly higher registration fee to get a room to yourself in the main condo. I think I've answered the questions that I know the answers to. It is a blast, I've been every year since the 'beginning' of the retreat.

For some, confusion is not a state of mind, but a way of life
Old 2011-02-07, 4:29pm
Formerly SirWatson

Hi offcenteredpotter! Glad you may be joining us! I'm approving your requests right now to join the webjam site. It's not the best site in the world, so we have a hard time approving requests since we encounter a lot of errors.

I apologize if you've had a hard time getting information on the retreat. It was suggested we break the site up into two places this year to separate the "general" information from the "attendee" information, however with the feedback we've received this year, we may go back to one site in the future.

And THANK YOU Venessa for answering questions for me! To answer YOUR question, I do have a lost and found containing a few items. What are you missing?

<><

Last edited by Solana; 2011-02-07 at 4:32pm.
Old 2011-02-07, 4:30pm
Formerly SirWatson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkcat View Post
Okay, after much hemming & hawing, I'm in! I figure I've got to have something fun after a semester of grad school & grad assistantship, right?
Woo hoo!

<><
Old 2011-02-10, 1:19pm

Hey Karla,
I am also trying to get some info on rooms for the retreat.
The hubby is coming with me and I need a single room for us.
I have contacted the resort for prices but their computer is down.
Is there a special price for being in the group on a room?
I am hoping to get this set up so he can request those days off and we can be there this yr.
Please let me know.
Hugs, Donna
Old 2011-02-10, 3:40pm

Ok. I got it figured out lol.
And I will be there this year yayyyyyy.
Reservations are made , now i just need to get the Oxy paid for.
Torching and fishing what could be better .
Old 2011-02-11, 6:22am
Light My Torch

you will have a blast!!!

Old 2011-02-18, 4:42am
phrit phreak

Is it May yet!!??? Lynn, Bobbie and I are all signed up!! WooHoo!

Old 2011-02-18, 12:23pm
Unofficial Thread Killer

Add Mandy and I to the mix! I've made our reservations and we are ready to scadaddle out of here. I'm ready to gas up the car and pack, but I guess it's a little too early to do that! Looking forward to seeing everyone.

or
Old 2011-02-19, 7:01am

I paid the gas fee as I am not sure I can make until Saturday. Will I miss too much?
Old 2011-02-20, 1:37pm
phrit phreak

You will miss Karla doing the ceremonial lighting of the grill w/ the Hot Head!

Old 2011-02-21, 10:45pm
Angel's Mom

Yeah Julie! It was a blast last year and it will be great this year, too! 3 months and counting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lusciouslampwork View Post
Add Mandy and I to the mix! I've made our reservations and we are ready to scadaddle out of here. I'm ready to gas up the car and pack, but I guess it's a little too early to do that! Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Old 2011-03-03, 3:09pm
make beads not war

Friday night is usually reserved for the hot dog roast and open torch. So you won't miss too much, except the traditional lighting of the coals with the hot head.

Also, the t-shirts are ready for the Bead Retreat!

http://cafepress.com/mobeadretreat

Old 2011-03-03, 7:58pm
Angel's Mom

Outwit...Outorch...Outlast...

Very clever! And I got my Groupon today for CafePress! Gonna load up on MBR swag.
Old 2011-03-25, 5:33pm
make beads not war

We still have 15 spots left in the retreat!
Old 2011-04-06, 10:11pm
I'm listen-Oooh, sparkly!

If there's still two spots available for non-condo lampworkers, I can send money tomorrow, but figured I'd check first . . . . . Have been waiting to find out what's going on with the last of my MIL's chemo treatments & surgery. It'd be myself & stephanie9643 (who is registered but doesn't post) - aka Cathleen Vought & Stephanie Cyr.

"Be the change you want to see in the world." Ghandi