Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-02-15, 5:56pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Default Best diddy clip ons? where to buy?

Can anyone recommend a place to get soft glass diddy clipons?
I have to wear my glasses and do have clipons but they are very heavy and it keeps sliding down my nose. I took them to the eye dr but they said they could not change the frame or anything.
any recommendations
thanks
sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2014-02-15, 6:29pm

Sue, I don't have any recommendations for clip-ons, but can tell you what I've figured out. I got a sunglasses retainer (cord with loops at the ends and an adjustable bead at the loop) and put it on my glasses, put on the clip-ons and then adjust the retainer so that my glasses sit right where they're the most comfortable. Keeps them from slipping down or being up on my nose too tight.
ESC
Old 2014-02-15, 7:48pm

Save yourself a lot of aggravation and buy yourself a "shield". this way you can wear your prescription glasses only. I have a 6"x6" shield and it works great.
Old 2014-02-15, 8:38pm
Mr Brutus RIP

ok, who has the best price on a shield?
any on sale anywhere?

ESC, I tried that.....it was driving me nuts!

Old 2014-02-16, 7:06am
Angie09

I've been using the shield for the last 4 years and thought it was great but always felt I couldn't get close enough to the torch. The glass finally cracked so it was $45 just to replace the glass (the total unit is about $165) or look for something else. Mind you I have been a big lover of my shield .... But....Jim at Blue Moon sent me a clip on pair of diddys which were just too big for my face so I took them to LensCrafters and they cut them down to better fit over my existing glasses I have to wear to see. Then I bought those cheapie magnifiers you just stick on the lens and I LOVE NOT HAVING THE SHIELD between me and flame. Plus with the shield, you have to find an out of the way place to secure it and even after 4 years I'd bump it or it would get in the way. Never thought I'd torch without my shield but I'm thrilled with one set of clip ons and I use the little strap that goes around my head and can be tighten to keep them securely in place.
Old 2014-02-16, 8:05am

I bought a set of glass clip-ons (they don't fade like plastic) made my Craig at Arrow Springs. Highly recommended.

Robert
Old 2014-02-16, 10:23am
Who me?

I love my clip ons from Arrow Springs. I've had them thru several changes in Rx.
Old 2014-02-17, 9:51pm

Got mine from Arrow Springs too just photocopy your glasses and they match the size to fit your glasses perfectly! About $90.00