No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-08-03, 8:23am
Jacqueline Parkes

Default Reichenbach Glass

I am about to place my first order today. What are your favorites?

So far this is my list:

Crystal Clear
Dark Silver Brown
Silver Brown
Dark Multicolor
Raku (96)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-08-03, 8:29am
I like to melt things

Three of my favourites aren't on your list. These are:

Mystic Coral
Mystic Beige
Porcelain

-
-
Old 2010-08-03, 8:32am
Jacqueline Parkes

LOL

Thanks for the reminder and replying to my thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oenone View Post
Three of my favourites aren't on your list. These are:

Mystic Coral
Mystic Beige
Porcelain

Old 2010-08-03, 8:36am
uncouthful cats

Pearl Pink

Oh no! The cats forgot to vacuum AGAIN!
Old 2010-08-03, 8:42am
Jacqueline Parkes

There is no picture on there site. What do you like about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clan tabby View Post
Pearl Pink

Old 2010-08-03, 8:51am
uncouthful cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemsinbloom View Post
There is no picture on there site. What do you like about it?
It's a rich, saturated color with that pearlized sort of sheen. Tends to striate, but I like that effect, so I find it makes it more appealing rather than less.

Oh no! The cats forgot to vacuum AGAIN!
Old 2010-08-03, 8:51am
Jacqueline Parkes

Yummy, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clan tabby View Post
It's a rich, saturated color with that pearlized sort of sheen. Tends to striate, but I like that effect, so I find it makes it more appealing rather than less.

Old 2010-08-03, 9:07am
Life is change. Love it

Pink Lady is a great pink. Very well behaved, I use it more than any other.

It is the base for these beads

Old 2010-08-03, 9:07am
Jacqueline Parkes

So so pretty and I have always adored your beads..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn M View Post
Pink Lady is a great pink. Very well behaved, I use it more than any other.

It is the base for these beads

Old 2010-08-03, 10:01am
Frit frit and more frit!

Pink Lady
Pearl Pink
Pearl Violet
Pearl Beige
Mystic Coral - actually any of the mystics are great
Antique clear - thats the green one not the gold sparkly one. The grean one etches beautifully
Light Iris green is very reactive and reduces beautifully too
Old 2010-08-03, 10:23am
And silence is golden

Hey! there's some funny business going on with those two photos. They are both beautiful, but not the same picture!
Old 2010-08-03, 10:26am

Just tried the multi dark and fell in love.
I confess that I all their colors though.

Ginko Beads
Old 2010-08-03, 11:24am
And silence is golden

Would all Reichenbach vendors please join in on this thread?
Old 2010-08-03, 11:26am
Jacqueline Parkes

I want to live in a glass house next door to a glass wholesaler. Is that too much to ask? hehe

Thanks for all the replies. The order has been placed but continue to post color ideas for the future!

Old 2010-08-03, 12:56pm
Life is change. Love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleta View Post
Hey! there's some funny business going on with those two photos. They are both beautiful, but not the same picture!
That's because I'm magic and can show 2 different sets of beads in one picture in the same post.

I changed the picture, but she was too quick for me and quoted my thread before the change was made. Hey, 2 for the price of one, good deal

Old 2010-08-03, 1:36pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

Opal Raspberry
Strawberry
Ocean
Crystal clear

I will not do without these colors.

Old 2010-08-03, 1:36pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Raspberry! Mmmmmm. Perfect pink for tongues...

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2010-08-03, 1:46pm
And silence is golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn M View Post
I changed the picture, but she was too quick for me and quoted my thread before the change was made. Hey, 2 for the price of one, good deal
That's what I thought. Are the murrinis some that you made, or are they some of Donna's? Those are so gorgeous!
Old 2010-08-03, 1:56pm
Queen Bee

Opal Raspberry! I buy the 96 COE because the price is so much lower than the 104.

Strawberry is great, mystic and pearl pink....I've made beads out of both and can barely tell the differrence, but most do prefer one over the other. I love them both. I've posted this before, but here's a pic of a viking knit bracelet I did with the mystic pink.

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2010-08-03, 2:34pm
Formerly FishBulb

104 or 96? I have quite a bit of the 104 and I love it. Silver brown, crystal, all of the Mystic colours, and I've been having fun with good old Black. When I pulled a stringer I thought I saw some reduction, so I kind of expected a strange reaction and I wasn't surprised. The end result looks like black leather.

Didn't care for Gold Pink, as it just turned clear on me, and I can use almost any glass that burns off easily; I've never burned off Rubino or Silver Brown, but Gold Pink? No thanks.

I also didn't care for the Caramel. It got quite a reddish overtone when I used it. It would be great in the right application, but it's not quite the creamy brown the rod suggested.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2010-08-03, 3:21pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Love all Reichenbach glass. I don't think there's a color out there that I've tried that I don't like. All their mystics, pearl, and reducing colors are awesome!

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2010-08-03, 3:32pm
Life is change. Love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleta View Post
That's what I thought. Are the murrinis some that you made, or are they some of Donna's? Those are so gorgeous!
Pretty sure they are Lori and Kim's

Old 2010-08-04, 5:05am
Angie09

Where's the best place to buy Reichenbach 104??? Sounds like I'm in for some trouble but the pink tongue on the pooch of Lori's sold me. Guess I gotta try some.
Old 2010-08-04, 6:33am
Formerly FishBulb

Angie, there's a vendor on here called Flame Kissed Glass, and the username is Reenie. She sells it and is apparently excellent to deal with.

Here is an example of the Reichenbach black. It's the glass on the bottom half of the bead, under the Triton scrolls:

Name:  P1010878.jpg
Views: 1542
Size:  59.8 KB

It developed this bizarre leathery look. I found it doesn't do that on a smaller scale, only after it's been worked for awhile. I like the look.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2010-08-04, 1:58pm
Angie09

Thanks Angie ... she has a really good selection. Ugh ... more money on glass but at least the pink is pretty.
Old 2010-08-04, 2:13pm

I love Crystal clear and regular Multicolor. I have some of the mystic colors, but only tried the pearl beigth once so far. It's was nice and buttery.

I do have raku (96 COE) and also MCD (96COE). One thing I am finding with the MCD 96 is pitting that I am not getting with the 104 COE, the colors are darker in the 96 though.
Old 2010-08-04, 4:47pm
Lampworkaholic!

Gold Violet, great for plunged flowers. Mystic Violet. Roselin (I like it for encasing, it is the palest pink). I like the Caramel too - perfect color for Gingerbread Men!

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2010-08-04, 5:05pm

I like all the pearls & mystics especially the orange, silver brown, porcelain, violet gold, antique green, iris green & iris dense blue. Now multi & magic, not so much.... i can't get them to do anything interesting....