Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2014-07-16, 8:14pm
Moving On

Smile Long Awaited Pierced Flower Press™ Now Available for Preorder!

Yes, it is true! After a year of blood, sweat, tears (and a lot of money invested in design, engineering, prototypes and development), I have the first prototype in my hands (here in Houston at The Gathering), and my first flower beads, as well. My order for 100 sets of castings goes in tomorrow, and it should take 4-6 weeks from that date until I get them back from my toolmaker all welded together and ready to ship out.

They require use of a .035" or smaller mandrel (that's 19 gauge). I'm selling 304L stainless steel (9") mandrels in sets of 8 for $4. You can also see if your local welding shop has them, or will order for you (some insist on 10lb orders).

I'll be working on a photo and a video tutorial when I get home so that everyone will be prepared to use their fantastic NEW TOOLS!!!!!

To PreOrder You'll need to go to
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and pay a $50 deposit. I'll email you when the tools are in, and then send a Paypal invoice (or get whatever payment you prefer) for the balance plus shipping.

I don't have the final tool in front of me, but I asked the casting company for measurements: The inner part (upper/male) of the press depth is approximately 12.35mm, the width is approx. 15mm from pin to pin...So that would be the largest possible inner measurement of a flower.

Here are a few photos:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-07-16, 8:30pm

Ok must admit...thats pretty cool.

Old 2014-07-17, 6:56am
Moving On

****I am having trouble making the shopping cart accept orders (It won't take the item without weight, and if I add a weight, it says I haven't). If you would like to preorder, and the cart won't do it, please email me at gailjos @ gmail.com and I will send a paypal invoice to reserve your tool.

Old 2014-07-17, 7:04am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I see the final cost is on your website, but you might want to put it in your post above.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2014-07-17, 10:38am
Moving On

Quote:
I see the final cost is on your website, but you might want to put it in your post above.
The price is $129.95...I was able to bring it down $10 from what I expected to have to charge!

Old 2014-07-17, 11:15am
GlassDocNC

Nifty looking tool!

Take life with a grain of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.
Old 2014-07-17, 1:51pm
HotFlash Designs

I placed my order! I'm looking forward to a new toy. I forgot to add mandrels to the order. I think I'll go send a follow up e-mail.

Be Curious. Not judgmental.
Old 2014-07-17, 2:30pm
novembersfyre everywhere

I probably missed it somewhere, but what size is the flower?

Old 2014-07-19, 4:34am

Placed my order right away, awesome tool! Had it in my hands, feels good, easy to handle and the flowers are beautiful! Can't wait to play with it!

Old 2014-07-19, 5:02am

Oooh this looks awesome. I have a birthday coming up in August and this is going on my list

Old 2014-07-24, 12:54am
Lifelong Student

How are these bellflowers press different than the Carlo Dona bell flower press?
Old 2014-07-24, 5:16am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

They are made on a mandrel and can be removed from it instead of being made permanently on a wire

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2014-07-24, 12:08pm
Moving On

They are also flared outwards (overall shape is different), i.e., side are sort of concave instead of convex (very slightly). The main issue is that they make a BEAD, not a headpin. Of course, I suppose you could make one on the end of a wire if you wanted to do so...

Old 2014-07-25, 6:45am

Mine's on preorder (is it here yet?)

I see so many possibilities of stringing them together, and I liked the trick you gave me of making the flowers bigger or smaller via the amount of glass. Love those 'dah' moments.

-D

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2014-07-25, 9:58am
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Will a 1/16" mandrel work for these?

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2014-07-27, 2:26am

This is interesting indeed. i would love to see more photos of the entire tool in use.
Old 2014-07-27, 12:57pm

This is interesting indeed. i would love to see more photos of the entire tool in use.
Old 2014-07-31, 4:59pm
Moving On

Quote:
Will a 1/16" mandrel work for these?
No, not unless you file the slots to be bigger.

Old 2014-07-31, 5:00pm
Moving On

Quote:
I have to find someone to help me take photos! Since the process requires two hands, there is no way for me to take photos of myself! I'm trying to get Renee Wiggins to help, but she's got a lot going on...But I'm working on it!!!!

Old 2014-07-31, 5:45pm

Hmm this looks delighful! I am wondering if I will be able to add some veiled cane to my order and have it all shipped together? I have been dying to try some.

Caroline
Old 2014-07-31, 6:15pm
Moving On

Quote:
Hmm this looks delighful! I am wondering if I will be able to add some veiled cane to my order and have it all shipped together? I have been dying to try some.

Caroline
Yes---I'll be sending an email when they come in, asking if people need anything else (also, I don't necessarily have addresses or all info from everyone), and that way I can add or adjust shipping amounts, too. I won't just ship and charge...-Gail

Old 2014-08-28, 8:19pm

When are these coming in do you have an approximate date?

Thanks Caroline
Old 2014-08-29, 9:23am

If there are any extras when the supply comes in, I would be interested in buying one.
Old 2014-08-29, 10:09am
Moving On

Quote:

Caroline
Absolutely! I'll send an email saying they are in, and asking if there is anything else you need/want to add to the order. The press and mandrel (only) will go out first (easier to pack), then the others, but it should go fairly quickly.

Old 2014-08-29, 10:10am
Moving On

Quote:
If there are any extras when the supply comes in, I would be interested in buying one.
I have another 70 on order. Plus, I'm out of oval mandrels, so I'm waiting for those, too.

Old 2014-08-29, 12:34pm

I checked out the tutorial for using it on your website. It looks pretty easy to use. Are you requiring a $50.00 deposit for the next 70?

Thank you ��
Old 2014-09-04, 10:39am
Moving On

Quote:
I checked out the tutorial for using it on your website. It looks pretty easy to use. Are you requiring a $50.00 deposit for the next 70?

Thank you ��
I have had 70 more castings made, but as it stands right now, I'm only getting a few in at at time from the toolmaker who puts them together, so yes, I'm requiring deposits for orders to reserve tools. The first 30 I got in this week were already reserved, and hopefully the next batch will come in the next couple of weeks (don't know how many).

Now, let's hope people start posting flower photos in the Gallery!!!-Gail

Tags
bell flower press, flower bead, pierced flower