No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2015-07-03, 3:07pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janel Dudley View Post
Tag each rod! This way you just know! Super frugal!
Silver sharpie marker works well for naming rods

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2015-07-03, 3:12pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbowman1 View Post
Hmmmm...how about if you have little odd leftover beads that don't match anything? Those might make a nice thank you gesture too.

Lori
I do the added odd bead thing - no calories in a bead!

Old 2015-07-03, 3:20pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutEvDesigns View Post
Speaking of pottery ... Instead of buying the fancy frit holders I use the saucers from small terra cotta pots, which cost about a quarter. They're good with the heat, hold a lot of frit, are shallow, and are totally enclosed so the frit stays contained.
I use the cut off ends of baked bean cans as my frit trays! Nice, low edge on them, freee. You do need to use the kind of can opener that cuts the entire top off the can, not the variety that only takes the flat bit in the middle

Old 2015-07-03, 3:35pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by zact01 View Post
hiya playswithfire

how would u do this? i would have thougt this was not advisable. would u somehow turn this into cane ? sorry for the silly questons. based on the above advice i was thinking of making some small beads and chuking them in the recycle after. jsut want others opinons on this

thanks
zac
I break up the bottles, then make up a gather of the glass big enough to pull out into a rod or a chunky stringer. Be careful not to trap air as you build the gather or you will enf up with a frit-stick! Don't try to use this glass with any other glass as the COE will be unknown