Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-03-05, 1:36pm
Megra Farbot

Take care of yourself and no worries on organizing and labeling. This is for FUN! So here's another joke.

A man walks in a bank, gets in line and when it was his turn, he pulls out a gun ... and robs the bank!

But just to make sure he leaves no witnesses he turns around and asks the next customer in line:
Did you see me rob this bank? The customer replies ...YES!

The bank robber raises his gun points it to his head and bang shoots him in the head and kills him.

He quickly moves to the next customer in line and says to the woman:

DID . YOU . SEE ... ME ... ROB THIS BANK?

The woman calmly responds ... No ... But my husband did

Last edited by darcy; 2008-03-05 at 8:43pm.
Old 2008-03-05, 4:32pm
Serenity Now!

Thanks very much for your kind words, girls - 'tis much appreciated! If I would've posted that joke, Darcy, I'd have naturally switched the man in line for the wife! Well folks - call me a louse, but I so enjoyed my day of playing hooky with my fireplace stoked all day, that I'm now gonna enjoy a nice steak cooked over the maple wood smoke, and - as Scarlet is famous for saying ~ worry abiout our Boxes another day!

Seriously though - this weekend, come storms or whatever else can get thrown my way: they will get done!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2008-03-05 at 5:11pm.
Old 2008-03-05, 6:01pm
I'm too sexy for my shirt

You just need to get better Val!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#K58
Old 2008-03-05, 7:17pm

Get better, twin.

I do miss that about snow - getting snowed in. I don't miss heating with wood and having to drive up and down monster hills in the ice and snow, though.
Old 2008-03-05, 7:57pm
New Grandma

Val I hope you feel better. I just got my orders from GA cant wait to share.

One of the love of my life.

Old 2008-03-05, 8:42pm
Megra Farbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the Moon View Post
If I would've posted that joke, Darcy, I'd have naturally switched the man in line for the wife!

You know, I thought of that right after I hit submit! I think I better change it!
Old 2008-03-06, 4:36am
Serenity Now!

Thanks ever so much for all your nice words, girls... Here's a pic taken BEFORE the 10 inches or so we got yesterday...and before the expected storm of tomorrow...That stick you see is for the snow-truck - it is eight feet high!!

Old 2008-03-06, 7:45am

Quote:
Thanks ever so much for all your nice words, girls... Here's a pic taken BEFORE the 10 inches or so we got yesterday...and before the expected storm of tomorrow...That stick you see is for the snow-truck - it is eight feet high!!
WOW! That is a lot of snow! I need you to keep it there. LOL

#K58
Old 2008-03-06, 8:44am

the tulips & daffodils are all up here and the sun's shining!
Old 2008-03-06, 9:37am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyPhelps View Post
the tulips & daffodils are all up here and the sun's shining!
Here too and the sun is out bright today in Washington State
We had our few days of snow last month..
Old 2008-03-06, 1:44pm
Serenity Now!

Okay, okay - don't go and RUB IT IN, girls...ya don't think I feel bad enough as it is?!?!?

Old 2008-03-06, 4:55pm

Ya know I have a feeling none of us are likely to disappear, I mean we will all be here where ever here is when the box arrives, right? So I'm not sure it is really crucial for you to drag your ill body through the 20 feet of snow on hands and knees pushing boxes of glass for a trading game. I'm willing to bet we can all wait till you are well.

Rob.
Old 2008-03-06, 6:15pm
Serenity Now!

lol - what a truly pathetic picture you have drawn of me, Rob! "I SHALL prevail, I shall prevail", I chanted all the while shoveling out my poor car! I can no longer see out of 3 of my windows - if I was to open them literally mounds of snow would tumble in. It's so dark in here ~ there's no sunlight! <giggle> The very thought of tulips and daffodils is positively dreamy - I'm an avid gardener, so have an entire lighting system installed in my basement, and I've started a bunch of seedlings, as well as my Dahlias and other tubers. Thankfully, otherwise surely I'd be feeling kinda depressed by now! Man, I love the smell of dirt!

I do declare Darcy as the winning recipient of the second-ever Val sampler!

Since we've got a few more days, I thought I would put one more prize up for grabs ~ a 22 gram package of Art Clay Silver Metal Clay: this time, it's going to go to the person who posts a Boro color tip, trick, or otherwise cool thing!

Let's hear what ya got, folks!

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2008-03-06 at 6:21pm.
Old 2008-03-06, 6:19pm

cool boro thing. hmmmm. does info on the glassique colors count? ivory blush is the translucent/opaque version of tequila sunrise, peach blush is the more color intense version. they do neat things when used thin over caramel, and look wild with warm yellow.

Rob.
Old 2008-03-07, 4:26am
Serenity Now!

Ooooh - nice one, Rob! Keep 'em coming folks....(she says with the "can NOT/must not buy any more glass" blinders on)

Old 2008-03-07, 6:07am
Mandrel Slayer

Val,

You do not even want to know how the weather's been around my house. It's a gardener's dream this time of year. That is just too much snow.

Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2008-03-07, 6:13am

Tip:
One of my favorite tools is a crab leg emptier (has 2 pokie things on one end and flat on the other, but thin) It is almost as good as the tungsten pick.

#K58
Old 2008-03-07, 6:18am

Color tip:

Take a 10-12 mil clear, coat it with Pomagrant or Orange or ruby (you get the picture, red family), melt in then coat with NS yellow or NS light Yellow or GA Warm Yellow, pull into twistie. You this as hot pink straight or use it under frit, tis beautiful...oh and anneal this at 1080 for 1 hour.

PS if you didn't get the bright pink, try annealing again, I have been know to anneal some colors at 1100, but not greens!

#K58

Last edited by isellrejer; 2008-03-10 at 8:46pm. Reason: forgot a word
Old 2008-03-07, 6:28am

Color Tip:

To make the outside on the Geo things, take fine or small Carmel or blue carmel or one of the exotics and heavy roll (several times) in frit, melting in just enough for it to stick and get more picked up, when you have enough, don't melt it in all the way, you just want it to stay and not come off. Reduce in the flame if you want the silvers to come out, if not just put in kiln at 1050 for 30 min. depending on size of piece.

#K58
Old 2008-03-07, 1:00pm
Mandrel Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
cool boro thing. hmmmm. does info on the glassique colors count? ivory blush is the translucent/opaque version of tequila sunrise, peach blush is the more color intense version. they do neat things when used thin over caramel, and look wild with warm yellow.

Rob.
That explains alot. I did a coil potted vessel with the peach blush and had Tequila sunrise srtipes (inspired by Renee's vessels) and you can't really even see my stripes.

Thanks,
Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.

Last edited by playingwithfirebeads; 2008-03-07 at 1:01pm. Reason: sp
Old 2008-03-07, 1:31pm
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

OMG Val, your picture of the snow reminded me of the first big snowstorm I was in when I lived in Denver, CO. When out trying to shovel snow my Golden Retriever was bounding through the snow. It was so funny to see her one second, gone the next, up in the air again, gone again.... LOL What a wonderful memory!

I know that won't happen again. When we move "someday" from TX to AZ we won't be seeing any snow either. *s*
Old 2008-03-07, 6:20pm
Serenity Now!

Some great color tips, Jerri ~ thanks for sharing! Keep 'em coming, folks...Hey Barbara, can you imagine poor Teddy (my dog)...at four pounds, quite often when I open the door up, the snow has drifted much higher than him! He is SUCH a trouper though, and loves to get dried off with the hair-dryer!

Here's some news: it's SNOWING - again...another <EDITED> 15 inches or so expected overnight!!!

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2008-03-07 at 7:31pm.
Old 2008-03-07, 7:18pm
Master Procrastinator

ARGHHHH Keep it there, will ya?

Old 2008-03-08, 11:51am
Megra Farbot

Quote:

I do declare Darcy as the winning recipient of the second-ever Val sampler!

Wooohoooo! I won, I won, I won!

Thank you, (((Val)))! Hope you're feeling better. Make sure you stay warm!
Old 2008-03-08, 9:25pm
Still makin' flowers...

Hey, sorry I've been off lurking, Val!

We've got a couple of feet of snow around Columbus Ohio, too. Looks like just about everywhere else in the midwest seems to be fine. I would like it just fine, but I spent some time in Flagstaff where we got snow and I went skiing. Then, I spent a little time in Taos where we got snow... and did some skiing. Now I'm actually camped out at Gwacie's while I wait for the roads to clear off a bit. I don't think I'll get any skiing done here, but I think I'll get some cross country skiing done at home when I get there again.

Val - I think I've missed something here. You've been sick - I'm so sorry to hear it. Get better soon.

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2008-03-09, 5:22am
Serenity Now!

Thanks, sweet Hannah! So - just when I was starting physically to feel a bit better, what a moral blow THIS is...thought I'd take some pics today, but - believe it or not, the snow is up to my thighs, and my pathway out was shovelled less than 24 hours ago! If I thought I'd been snowed in ever before in my life, I was wrong...

Here's what I was able to snap this morning...for your intense pleasure, and further teasing to me...with no further ado, I present you my home - the way it should be, and as it stands today...mind you, today's pics were taken from the doorway looking out...to give you perspective, the snow on the ground is higher than the top railing of my balcony - plus I added in one of my window pics - half the house windows look similar...Is it ever dark in here!

Talk about depressing, and being unmotivated...

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2008-03-09 at 5:45am.
Old 2008-03-09, 7:54am
Master Procrastinator

OH NOOOOOO! That last photo with the snow past the window is enough to make me want to get under the covers & not get out till spring. Poor you

Old 2008-03-09, 10:43am
Still makin' flowers...

Ugh. I'd want to sit in front of a fireplace and bead for hours. Or torch, just to get warm. Or hang out under the covers on my super comfy couch and watch a good movie while I bead. I have a million things to do and haven't really beaded for two or so weeks, so I'm getting a little bit ansy. Last night Gwacie let me try out her bobcat and her mirage so I got a little bit of boro time. I think the bobcat will do well enough for what I need. I think I'll get one - anyone have a good used one they want to sell?

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2008-03-09, 7:50pm

Hey Val - i keep telling you that you should come here. See what happens when you don't listen? it has been in the 50s - 70s here, night time 30s - 40s. We planted shrubs today...
Old 2008-03-10, 8:48pm

Color tip:

NS Blue Exotic, coat down a 10-12 mil clear, pull out, make a bead with this and roll in DAP lg, encase & strike. Yum

#K58