LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-03-10, 4:10am

Congratulatons !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-03-10, 6:25am

Looks brilliant Cynthia, I could not resist, can't wait to get mine

"Every time you act on your imagination a thought gives birth, this is creation" (Richard Wilkins)

My Etsy shop:
Old 2009-03-10, 7:06am

Well, comon DeAnne. I'm waiting. I'm right here at my front door watching out for you

Suzanne, Etsy is new to me so I didn't even know there was a screw-up As long as everyone is getting the tutorial, It's all good. I'll go and look to see if everythings ok.

Thank you again everyone, for all of your kind words and support. I am just floored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglasszone View Post
Congrats Cynthia! It looks awesome!!! I still dream of the day I finally get a chance to meet you in person!!! One of these days, missy, one of these days...

De

Old 2009-03-10, 7:13am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

No worries Cynthia, I screwed up because paypal had a glitch this morning, but if I'm correct all is fixed now

Old 2009-03-10, 7:25am
Who me?

Just ordered - Question about the FREE Adobe Reader - Does that mean if I have a purchased Adobe Package that it will not work or will any PDF reader work?
Old 2009-03-10, 7:52am
Sucks at being nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamper View Post
Just ordered - Question about the FREE Adobe Reader - Does that mean if I have a purchased Adobe Package that it will not work or will any PDF reader work?
Mine opened in the Adobe reader that was already on my computer. It seems strange that there might be someone out there without it already but I'm sure there is. If you don't already have it you can download the free version but any of them will work.

I looked mine over last night and it is wonderful! I can't get to the torch until Wednesday night so I'm just dreaming about it now.

Old 2009-03-10, 8:13am

If anyone is having a problem getting the tut, please let me know. There are a couple of you that when I sent it, it came back undeliverable. I have double checked the email addresses and I'm copy/pasting them so there are no mistakes, and they are still not working. Please PM me. I have sent you messaged through ETSY too!

THanks. Just don't want you guys to have to wait.

Old 2009-03-10, 8:17am

Default Get'em while thier HOT!

Wow! I can't believe you are actually giving out your secrets! Everyone who wants to learn from one of the Most talented lampworkers out there better snatch yourself up a copy before she sells out ! This is like a once in a lifetime chance, unless she decides to do another one... which would be even luckier!
Old 2009-03-10, 8:24am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Cynthia, I love your tutorial! I had to laugh out loud a couple of times, and ow that poor keeper on the last page....you did a fantastic job, thank you for sharing

Old 2009-03-10, 9:04am
Who me?

pm'd you.
Old 2009-03-10, 9:12am

PMed you back.

Thanks Mike. You are too kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamper View Post
pm'd you.

Old 2009-03-10, 9:13am

Haaaaaaa.....I know. Wasn't that just the saddest thing? I didn't know if I was going to put that in there, but I couldn't resist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
Cynthia, I love your tutorial! I had to laugh out loud a couple of times, and ow that poor keeper on the last page....you did a fantastic job, thank you for sharing

Old 2009-03-10, 11:21am
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

That was Keeper Abuse.

Old 2009-03-10, 12:11pm
Gone Fishing!

Talking

Just ordered one.. cant wait to get it!

Ebay Id: ArtglassbyHollyYoung
Etsy ID: ArtglassbyHollyYoung
Old 2009-03-10, 12:22pm

Thanks, it's flying through cyber space right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Horse Studio View Post
Just ordered one.. cant wait to get it!

Old 2009-03-10, 12:22pm

I had to abuse somebody. You weren't here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasshouse View Post
That was Keeper Abuse.

Old 2009-03-10, 12:44pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassactcc View Post
I had to abuse somebody. You weren't here.

OUCH!
Old 2009-03-10, 12:45pm

Ordered mine at 2:25 and am waiting patiently.

Old 2009-03-10, 12:47pm

Cynthia,
Excellent job! Thanks for the speedy delivery too! I'm seeing Toni in a couple of days. Do you think she would bring her tester bead to show us??
Lisa

Old 2009-03-10, 12:54pm

PMed you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam4254 View Post
Ordered mine at 2:25 and am waiting patiently.

Old 2009-03-10, 12:57pm
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

I know. She's a meanie. But she makes nice beads so we'll keep her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
OUCH!

Old 2009-03-10, 1:09pm

Oh, I get it....Keep...her.....we'll Keep....er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasshouse View Post
I know. She's a meanie. But she makes nice beads so we'll keep her.

Old 2009-03-10, 1:11pm

You tell Toni, if she doesn't show it......I will...... I have a PICTURE! I'll sell it to the highest bidder.

No, I really wouldn't do that. I might need her if I ever do another one of these

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaF View Post
Cynthia,
Excellent job! Thanks for the speedy delivery too! I'm seeing Toni in a couple of days. Do you think she would bring her tester bead to show us??
Lisa

Old 2009-03-10, 2:19pm
Love 2 Sculpt Kritters

Cynthia, you rock! I love your "Keeper of the Thicket" tutorial. I bought it yesterday and I had to try it straight away. Thanks so much for sharing your techniques. I highly recommend it, 5 star tute. The instructions are well written/ easy to follow and is complimented by step by step clear graphics/photos.

Here's the result of my efforts at the torch yesterday. They are nothing like the original but I thought I'd show it here Fresh from the kiln. I'm yet to clean them lol!

I torched the one in the red hat first and then I had to try it again and I did the one in the blue hat.

Old 2009-03-10, 2:24pm

OMG look at you! They are adorable, and you put them in the thicket to take the picture. You really did a wonderful job. I really like the one in the blue hat but they are both great. Thanks for the compliments on the tut too. I am really glad to hear that it was clear for you. That was my biggest concern. I would love to see more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifie View Post
Cynthia, you rock! I love your "Keeper of the Thicket" tutorial. I bought it yesterday and I had to try it straight away. Thanks so much for sharing your techniques. I highly recommend it, 5 star tute. The instructions are well written/ easy to follow and is complimented by step by step clear graphics/photos.

Here's the result of my efforts at the torch yesterday. They are nothing like the original but I thought I'd show it here Fresh from the kiln. I'm yet to clean them lol!

I torched the one in the red hat first and then I had to try it again and I did the one in the blue hat.

Old 2009-03-10, 2:47pm

SWEET!!!!
Old 2009-03-10, 8:56pm
Oh, baby, I m'know...

This is a rough draft. I was playing with putting a kitty spin to it.

It's scary working with such a big honkin' bead and trying to do detail work!

Old 2009-03-10, 9:22pm

Susan, that is very good and I love the kitty idea, it is a great twist on the original creation, and I think that is wonderful. I know it is difficult to work with a large bead when your not used to it, but the smaller the bead is, the more difficult it becomes to add all of the fine details.

Old 2009-03-10, 11:21pm
maybe tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaF View Post
Cynthia,
Lisa
Lisa, did you notice that I never told you I was testing it? There was a reason for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassactcc View Post
You tell Toni, if she doesn't show it......I will...... I have a PICTURE! I'll sell it to the highest bidder.

No, I really wouldn't do that. I might need her if I ever do another one of these
If you show it, I will hurt you.

Old 2009-03-11, 5:41am

You know this really IS a great tutorial! For more reasons than just the final out come. It will definitely challenge and for some take you out of your comfort zone. I had sooo many "Duh" moments practicing yesterday and learned so much from my mistakes.

I don't think you could say I made any "Keepers" yesterday. My first try looked more like those spooky creatures from Land of the Lost, the second looked like Bob from those male enhancement commercials. But it's all good! It inspired me and taught me some techniques I can definitely use to accomplish those ideas that keep nagging in the back of my mind!

I just wish I could remember NOT to use rubio on ivory.