LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2008-06-06, 3:19am

Default Help to do a ginger striped cat

I am wondering if anyone can help, I want to make a bead that looks like my cat, he is a persian with ginger stripes. I have seen very orangey looking ginger cats but would prefer more "natural" looking.
Is there an orangey colour that reacts with ivory? I can't think of one, or is there another way I could make the ivory stripes look a bit fuzzy around the edges? Was wondering about mixing glass to lighten the orange a bit and get something that reacts with ivory. I will experiment but if anyone knows how to do this it would save a lot of time.

"Every time you act on your imagination a thought gives birth, this is creation" (Richard Wilkins)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Etsy shop:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-06-06, 4:00am
Detail G-Mama!

Hi Lesley! I know that red roof tile reacts with ivory and gets kinda fuzzy on the edges. It's an orangy color, kind of a dark orange color.

Old 2008-06-08, 6:07am
Frit frit and more frit!

Hiya Lesley
Coral and ivory react nicely. You could try mixing a darker red or a brown with the coral to see if it still gets fuzzy edges..?
Old 2008-06-10, 10:08am

Oh that's right. Coral gets real fuzzy with Ivory. Now if I could do that with black for my cat. I wonder if a twisty would work?