Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Safety

Safety -- Make sure you are safe!

Old 2011-08-29, 10:25am
Marbles, dude, Marbles

Default OPTX 20/20 HydroTac stick-on lens?

I'm thinking of getting a pair of glasses for boro with a shade of #3 and using the HydroTac stick-on lenses with it so I can see what I'm doing. Anyone using a setup like this? Any suggestions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-08-29, 12:45pm

Are the stick ons made to a prescription?
Old 2011-08-29, 2:54pm
Marbles, dude, Marbles

Not made to a prescription, but made to magnify at +125, +150, +175 etc. I guess it makes non-prescription glasses into reading glasses, like the kind you can buy in any drugstore.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-08-29, 3:29pm
Master Procrastinator

I just bought a pair of the 1/2 didys, 1/2 boro glasses from someone....it may be 2/3, 1/3, can't remember exactly. I have the stick ons & am planning on trying them tomorrow. Will let you know they work out. I guess it would depend on how bad your eyesight is. My problem is more of an astigmatism so I think the added magnification might be sufficient for me. I'll let you know.

Old 2011-08-29, 3:54pm
Senior Moment

Yep, thats what I use and they work great!

Old 2011-08-29, 5:25pm

I don't use them on boro glasses, just regular didys, and they work great for that.
Old 2011-08-29, 6:59pm
Chief Creative Goddess

Where did you find them please? I see them on Arrow Springs but I do NOT need the temptation of a full order!!

Old 2011-09-02, 7:36am
Marbles, dude, Marbles

I went to ABR's website (www.dichroicimagery.com I think), then to glasses and protective eyeware, then to OPTX. I also googled OPTX 20/20 Hydrotac and got plenty of sites that sell them.

Old 2011-09-02, 9:26am
Curmudgeon Engineering

I use the stickons on everything from glass working glasses to fishing glasses. They work great. It takes a bit of effort to get them positioned just right but once you do it you get a sence for where to put them. I bought mine online in a bulk pack for about 40% of the normal retail.
Old 2011-09-02, 2:19pm
Senior Moment

I bought mine at Walmart. They were with the reading glasses. I've also seen them at Wallgreens and CVS. About $4-5 a pair

Old 2011-09-03, 2:03pm
Marbles, dude, Marbles

That sounds great, lysa - very easy to check out. Thanks for the tip.

Old 2011-09-03, 7:32pm

A similar product you might want to try are Magni-Clips magnifiers. They're clip-on readers and though they're a little heavier than the stick-on version, I love them. I used the stick-ons for a while but never went back once someone told me about these clip-ons. They last longer, are easier to swap between different safety glasses, and I find I see more clearly through them than I do the stick-ons.

Magni-Clips on Amazon