Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2011-07-05, 2:41pm
><>

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
The ventilation is way in the back, where the three white things are visible, right behind my fabulous swarovski and flower glitter lamp ( I love that lamp!!!) We've managed to get a proffessional vent box thing wich is usually used to vent an entire three story house, and it was hidious to look at, so we made wood panneling around it.

The measurements are 13.1 by 13.1 ft, and it's 10.8 ft high
Thanks,it gives me a good perspective of what to be able to fit if I
stay within the 10 X 12 size.
"In the whole world I have no twin, and my face is not me. I am someone under the skin others see only in glances."
"I can live with not being popular,but not with compromising my beliefs in order to fit in." jh
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil." Thomas Mann
Old 2011-07-05, 8:28pm

Beautiful! Enjoy!!!!
Old 2011-07-06, 12:43am
That which you are given

Quote:
The ventilation is way in the back, where the three white things are visible, right behind my fabulous swarovski and flower glitter lamp ( I love that lamp!!!) We've managed to get a proffessional vent box thing wich is usually used to vent an entire three story house, and it was hidious to look at, so we made wood panneling around it.

The measurements are 13.1 by 13.1 ft, and it's 10.8 ft high
thats what I thought, that it was hidden makes the place even more beautiful...I love the cubbies to and ikea will be getting my business soon when I get to set up my studio. thanks for the idea

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-07-06, 5:07am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

You are more then welcome!

Old 2011-07-06, 6:07am
old fart

your studio is sweet!!!! BUT you ventilation is not good, and you should cover all work surfaces and the floor near the torches with a fire proof cover like tile. where is the make up air duct? your fire extinquisher should be mounted on the wall for easy access.

Last edited by laserglass; 2011-07-06 at 6:09am.
Old 2011-07-06, 8:22am
Gentleman of Leisure

Beautiful space, but I would like to know more bout your ventilation....

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2011-07-06, 12:14pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

Is your vent system those three round things in the wooden area above your torches? It looks like you have stainless steel covering on the table at each torch and on the wall in front of each torch? Correct?

Contributing member of the EPIC FLOUNCE thread 2013
Proud member of YOU PEOPLE thread.
Old 2011-07-06, 12:50pm
traumaqueen

Yes Tillie, that is correct. Behind the wood panneling there's a big ventbox, with big pipes connected to those white things

Old 2011-07-06, 12:52pm
traumaqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserglass View Post
your studio is sweet!!!! BUT you ventilation is not good, and you should cover all work surfaces and the floor near the torches with a fire proof cover like tile. where is the make up air duct? your fire extinquisher should be mounted on the wall for easy access.
The fire extinguisher is mounted as we speak, as well as easy acces fire blankets. I won't cover my floor with tiles , I've been working on wooden floors for over six years without any problems but thanks for the advice.

My vent box pulls 400 cfm on the lowest stand, and 900 cfm on the highest setting.

I'm not sure what make up air duct is?

Last edited by suzanne; 2011-07-06 at 12:57pm.
Old 2011-07-06, 4:50pm

What a beautiful space! I am quite envious of your glass stash!!
Old 2011-07-06, 7:58pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:
The fire extinguisher is mounted as we speak, as well as easy acces fire blankets. I won't cover my floor with tiles , I've been working on wooden floors for over six years without any problems but thanks for the advice.

My vent box pulls 400 cfm on the lowest stand, and 900 cfm on the highest setting.

I'm not sure what make up air duct is?
I don't think your ventilation is adequate.... With 4 torch stations and the "open arrangement" you probably need to be pulling some where in range of 2000-2500 cfm....

Make up air duct is the INLET for the "make up" air to replace the air ventilation system pulls out of studio area.... If you do not have makeup air you form a partial vacuum in studio space and "ventilation" is useless....

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal

Last edited by Dale M.; 2011-07-06 at 8:00pm.
Old 2011-07-06, 8:00pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

I can't wait to come visit.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2011-07-06, 10:48pm
traumaqueen

Dale, thanks for explaining. I think the big french doors are enough to make up for the air beeing pulled out. I never torch with the doors shut but I will add two of these over the windows in the future just to make sure there's enough fresh air coming in.

And Lori, you are welcome anytime!

Old 2011-07-09, 2:49pm

What a wonderful studio. Will be fun to be creative there. All the hard work that you did will be so worth it.

Yvonne
Old 2011-07-14, 1:49pm

Wonderful space you are now working in. This is the most wonderful and clean space that I have seen in a long time.
Awesome and more.

Rose Leslie
Old 2011-07-18, 11:12am
Practicing perfect

WOW! What a great looking place to get creative! Congrats. hmmmm, someday I will have mine. Someday.

Old 2011-07-18, 12:22pm

In the second photo it looks like your fuel gas is under your work bench. It's a very nice space but would be much safer with the fuel outside.

Robert
Old 2011-07-19, 6:07am

Suzanne,
Congratulations on your new studio space! Very stylish and elegant indeed.
MarieAnn
Old 2011-07-19, 1:21pm

Beautiful!!
Old 2011-07-19, 2:46pm
tiptrinket

BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL!!! Where is the swarovski lamp you mentioned, is it hanging as the light cover from the ceiling? If not, what kind of light is that? I noticed it right off. It is very pretty!
Tippy
Old 2011-07-25, 5:17pm
Beads Beads Glass

wow way cool

Actions, even desperately stupid ones, have consequences

working on new blog
Old 2011-07-27, 6:35pm
Unmedicated since '62

ah, you got the same ikea unit as i did, but you got the bigger one - i kinda think i should have gotten that too, i didnt think about putting boxes and stuff in the lower sections, i was just thinking glass storage

looks really good

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2011-07-28, 5:08pm

Beautiful space! I love it! Beader's retreat anyone?? lol

Old 2011-07-29, 9:21am
Curmudgeon Engineering

Sometimes we forget that a glass studio vent system is not comfort ventilation it is safety ventilation. As such its sole purpose is to remove harmful products of combustion and hazzardous airbourn particulates and gasses before they can be inhaled. While your system looks very nice it is extremely inadequate. I don't see any 'white things', vent duct plenums, over the two side torching stations; not good.