Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-11-21, 11:42am
love me love my llamas

Default can I do this with coe 104 glass?

I have seen some boro teardrop beads, they look to me more like blobs of beads, here is a website that has them http://www.wholesalecentral.com/unic...catid%3D116491

I really can't find a really good picture of them. Hopefully someone will have made them and can give me advice on how to do them.
Thanks!
Old 2012-11-21, 11:59am
honorary bead lady

Yes you can do that in 104 just make your bead and stop turning the mandrel!
Old 2012-11-21, 12:11pm
Now part of the Dark Side

That sounds too easy David. I was going to suggest make the basic shape, put a dolop on the back and punch the hole with Peter's Tweezers.
Old 2012-11-21, 4:10pm
More ideas than talent

There should be some samples somewhere in the Gallery as well. I remember seeing some a while back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-11-21, 5:04pm
Happy Inner Dragon

I think Dawn has a tutorial for them in her Raku thread. Good luck trawling through a very long thread, though.
I'd do them on-mandrel, myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rusticalsfreestyle on Instagram

SRA# P107
Old 2012-11-21, 5:44pm
Nikki Haverstock

Make a small bead then put a big blop of glass on one side. Heat it in real good. Done

Old 2012-11-22, 2:13pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

I do it the same way Nikki describes.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f