Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-11-21, 5:01pm
Melody of Glass

Question Thoughts on Bead Manager Pro software?

All,

I've been considering this software and am wondering if anyone else is using it and what your thoughts are.

http://www.beading-software.com/

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-11-22, 2:39am

I've looked into a number of inventory manager software over the past year and the best one I found was InFlow inventory. It wasn't specifically designed for jewelry but it is more efficient and more complete than any other I've tested. The Pro version is a little expensive though.
The main issue I had with Bead Manager Pro was that I couldn't easily manage purchases and sales in different currencies but that might not be an issue for you.

Sea Rocks Tutorial
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Ebook
- Follow me on
- My
shop
Old 2012-11-23, 5:04pm
Melody of Glass

Thanks for the feedback, Anne. I did decide to go with Bead Manager Pro in the end, mostly due to the price and the fact that I think I can handle currency conversion in another way. I bought it this morning. So far, my review is not good. Lots of issues trying to make the transaction happen, took the automated email with the download quite some time to get to me, can't download the software in the email due to "server problems", can't log in to my account to create a service ticket for it. Frustrating.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2012-11-23, 9:42pm
Unmedicated since '62

You really don't need something that's bead specific, that's a gimmick, any inventory program will do the job

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2012-11-24, 6:13am
Melody of Glass

You're probably right, Deb. The price seemed good on this so I'm giving it a go. At least I think I am....heard back and their server is down so no software yet for me. I assume that is why I had such a hard time yesterday trying to get the software.

Coming soon...

Old 2012-11-25, 4:33am
Unmedicated since '62

I'll be interested to hear what you think

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2012-11-25, 10:31pm

Hi Guys

Gary here from Bead Manager Pro.

Sorry Caliente, we did have a server issue at the weekend which caused us some major issues and unfortunately I guess you were one of the people affected by that.

We got things fixed as quickly as we could with our hosting company but it was kinda out of our control. Every bit as frustrating for us as anyone else.

Hopefully we got you sorted ok now. If you need anything please use our support desk to contact us. You do not need to sign in to send us a message, as you mentioned above.

PerfectDeb:
It's not really a gimmick, not any inventory software will do what Bead Manager Pro will do. We have created this based on feedback of our users over the past 6 years to tailor an inventory program for jewelry makers.

If you have any questions or need anything I'd welcome you to submit them to me

Old 2012-11-26, 12:38am
Melody of Glass

Yes, Gary, it is resolved now and I was able to download. I'm doing some test pieces at the moment to learn the ropes.

Coming soon...