Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-11-11, 2:30pm
one day at a time

Default Silver Pink - what to do with it??

I have never tried Effetre Silver Pink and with my next order I want to get a few rods. Do you have any pictures of beads you made with it?? I believe it's supposed to look like ivory but without the reactions.

What colors does it work well with (other 104 COE and frits) and is there anything I shouldn't use it with due to nasty reactions?? I do tend to rake and swirl my colors around a bit.

Thanks in advance!
Old 2006-11-11, 4:55pm

Hmm, well it works well with Intense Black. NOT a special color at all, imo. A lot of money for very bland glass...

Candy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-11-11, 5:06pm

And another thought…it seems every thread I’ve read about Silver Pink is posted by someone who bought this color, received it, started working with it and are wondering what’s special about it. 9 times out of 10 people are disappointed with it. It’s not pink, it’s not reactive, it looks a little like ivory, but not quite. I don’t think Effetre should even bother making it!!

Candy

Old 2006-11-11, 9:49pm
moth to the flame

I too have used it with Raku and also as a base for frits that have pink in them. I strike it like I do opal yellow with a light reduction flame and it turns the lightest, blush pink, really pretty.
I hope they don't stop making it!

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2006-11-12, 4:13pm
sunscreen me baby

I love it too.

The name is misleading but stop making it? Never!

~

Old 2006-11-12, 5:02pm
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly View Post
I sure as heck hope they don't stop making it!! Silver Pink is one of my favorites. Keep in mind, Effetre makes glass for many other purposes besides making beads. I would guess that beadmakers are not even close to being their biggest customers. Silver Pink was originally designed (I think) to be a fleshtone. It is not pink, nor is it silver, but if you want a non reactive ivory, it can work as that. It is lovely with Iris Orange, it is beautiful fumed with silver, nice with silver leaf and I make many, many beads with it. Not every glass has to "do something". It is good to have some neutral, non-reactive glass to use. IMHO.

Oh yeah, now I remember that this color is one of your favororites, Kimberly! I thought it would be nice to use rubino rose cane with it since it's not supposed to react like ivory.
Old 2006-11-12, 5:10pm

It's absolutely wonderful with Glass Diversions Island Pink frit. Here's a set of lentils.
Attached Images

Old 2006-11-12, 7:20pm
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyDinBC View Post
It's absolutely wonderful with Glass Diversions Island Pink frit. Here's a set of lentils.

Those are SO sweet!! It looks like that "baby chick" opal yellow in the rod form! The frit is wonderful with it!

I hate that glass because I get nothing but white out of it, not even a decent off-white color.
Old 2006-11-13, 9:26am

Quote:
Those are SO sweet!! It looks like that "baby chick" opal yellow in the rod form! The frit is wonderful with it!

I hate that glass because I get nothing but white out of it, not even a decent off-white color.
Good point. I've never compared the silver pink to that pale opal yellow. I only had the dark OY until recently. Here's a set with the old opal yellow and the same frit for comparison. The silver pink really softened the colors. I should try it with the new opal yellow, though. I can't get that to go yellow, either!
Attached Images

Old 2006-11-13, 9:39am

Yep I use it as ivory in my frit beads and haven't found a bad reaction yet .

Old 2006-11-13, 9:46am
bringin' basic back

I used to make some pretty realistic looking boobs w/it.
The nipples are that lauscha pink. If you work it right it'll give you a pink "blush".
Attached Images

...the sparks are gonna fly...
Old 2006-11-13, 9:01pm
Happy Glass Girl :)

I love to use it as a base for a lot of different organic effects. Silver Pink does do some really cool stuff and besides it just seems so smooth and dreamy~

Old 2006-12-03, 7:25pm
SandyQ

<-- these were made with silvered pink, rolled in silver, and then rolled in some frit (forgive me, I can't remember the name. I can look it up if anybody is interested - just pm me or e-mail me).

SandyQ
Old 2006-12-04, 10:23pm
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyQ View Post
<-- these were made with silvered pink, rolled in silver, and then rolled in some frit (forgive me, I can't remember the name. I can look it up if anybody is interested - just pm me or e-mail me).

SandyQ

Wow, this glass makes a wonderful base color from what I can see here!
Old 2006-12-06, 8:33am

Hello, put it into the torch when there is not so much oxygene, the reduced flame will give the shade of the bead an silvery shade WONDERFUL
glass-diary