Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Safety

Safety -- Make sure you are safe!

Old 2010-03-24, 1:06pm

Default Enamel/Powder Box Ventilation

On another website I found an old thread by Mark W. showing how he made a powder box out of a garbage can for using enamels. Someone else made one from wood and I was curious if anyone on LE uses a setup like that? The enamels are sucked down through a HEPA filter.

The thread was from 2004 or 2005 I think... anyone still using them?
I don't feel a respirator combined with my exhaust system is enough since from what I've read the particles float in the air for some time and settle all over everything in your studio.

(And yes, I did a quick search in the safety forum for powder box or enamel box before posting this and came up with nothing relevant.)

~Tracy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-03-24, 5:45pm
old fart

I still use mine every time I use my studio.

Old 2010-03-24, 5:55pm

Thanks Mark. Well you're still alive and kicking so it must work pretty well then.
Thank you for sharing that setup, I'm glad I ran across it.

Old 2010-03-24, 6:17pm
Micromosaic and Lampwork

This sounds cool, any pics, diagrams, or sketches???

Old 2010-03-24, 6:21pm
Cancer SUCKS!

I've seen Mark's set up and it is way cool.