Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2012-05-24, 8:16am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi Felicia,
I have been working on the site on and off but just checked and I don't see the "full" anywhere. If you still see it please email me. NO classes are full yet, class selections is next weekend.
Thanks for the heads up sweetie.....sometimes the site has a mind of it's own it seems, lol!

Newsletter is going out next day or two for East....please read it carefully and save it for future reference.

Both events have a great line up of classes and a few spots still left for West.

Sorry for the slow response, I have had a super busy week already, yesterday the neighbor and I had 10 more trees removed (wooohooo, more sun and less danger!) between our houses with LOTS of clean up work. We celebrated with beer and s'mores over the slash burn pile...a long day but super fun! I have been waiting 10 years to take those trees out and get some SUN from that side of the property, YIPPEE!

Happy dancer here.....
deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-05-25, 9:06am
Wooohooo,GS!

We had some confusion about East class line up...the actual classes are up to look at now but the schedule of time slots won't be up until June 1st.
We have removed last year's schedule until the new one can be posted. I will be working on that early next week.
Glass Stock West class picks is a week from tomorrow, please be ready when we call to choose classes, it is going to be at least one day of calls and probably will continue into Sunday. If we do not have a phone # from you we will be contacting you Friday to get that number!

Time to fire up....
deb

Last edited by deb c; 2012-05-26 at 8:20am.
Old 2012-05-25, 1:06pm
Type ZZZ personality

Fire it up baby!

Counting the days...

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2012-06-03, 2:34pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Me too Patty

The sign up for classes went really well and we have a great group of folks. It was really fun chatting with all of you yesterday, wish we could have all talked longer but we'll catch up in August or sooner!

A huge thank you to the gals who helped yesterday, it made for a super fun day!
More info in the July newsletter....
whoot! deb

Old 2012-06-05, 5:14pm

Yeah.... Pat was totally invaluable on the computer. She managed to keep it updated and was right on top of everything!!
Old 2012-06-06, 12:40pm
Finally doing what I love

Default Can't wait!

I'm so excited.... Is it August yet?!
How about now..... Is it August NOW?

Darn...... I'll just keep waiting.....

Do what you Love and Love what you do!
Old 2012-06-12, 12:58pm

Looking for some people to fill the house. I can't go this year but I am still working on someone to care for my grandson so maybe there will still be space by then, but have the house reserved and need a few people asap so the girls that are staying won't be paying to much!! So if you need a place to stay this house is beautiful and close by.

Old 2012-07-13, 1:50pm
Type ZZZ personality

GLASS STOCK WEST ATTENDEES:

If you haven't already please email me with your t-shirt size and correct spelling of your name: patty <at> rusticstudio <dot> com

Thanks!!

Old 2012-07-22, 10:49am
Wooohooo,GS!

Wow, everyone, GS West is getting close! We have sponsor supplies coming in and in 2 weeks it will be time to fill all those class supply boxes!
A HUGE thank you to our 20+ sponsors...we couldn't keep event prices so low without you!

GS WEST attendees- please send in your T-shirt info today if you haven't yet, otherwise we won't have your name on it or correct size for you!

Get workin' on those hats and cool jammies...we've got some GREAT prizes again this year for those contests!

Also, super great deals for attendees and staff on Paragon kilns, Carlisle torches, Northstar glass (they will be in the house!) and either Frantz (depending on how Mike is feeling!) or Winship/Glass Craft as the other sponsor.

We will be setting up Wed all day so those of you who got a spot in John Kobuki's pre-event class will be allowed in early (10:30 am, class from 11-3). The Meet and Greet will be at 6pm as usual, all attendees are welcome!

Glass Stock East folks: We are now signing people up for classes at the second annual Glass Stock East in New Jersey at Carlisle Machine! We have a great line up of classes, some of them are filling up fast with 1-2 spots left! If you have been thinking of coming to a Glass Stock and Labor Day (West) doesn't fit in your summer schedule, why not come east to a smaller, more intimate group of like minded, sharing artists mid-October? You can see all the classes offered on my site by clicking on Glass Stock East page.

Another fabulous year from coast to coast is right around the corner, woohoo!
deb

Old 2012-07-22, 3:11pm
Type ZZZ personality

Woooohooo!

Old 2012-08-03, 9:02am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi all, time is flying and we are right around the corner for GS West! Glass is piling up and the next 2 weekends we will be cutting and labeling a sea of glass...then making up all the teacher's boxes.

The T-shirts have gone to print but we did manage to get this week's sign up names on there! We will be sending out another reminder tonight about the BBQ. We also have a gal coming down to do tattoos for a really great price with several GS designs ($25-40) or you can email her a design and she will quote it for you.

Please remember your notarized waiver and ID, we will be checking people in Wed night at the Meet and Greet to save time on Thursday morning.

See you all in 3 1/2 weeks!
deb and the GS West team

Old 2012-08-11, 11:37am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hello all you sweet people!

Sadly we have lost the use of the EGS building for Glass Stock West. EGS will no longer be at the Wilson Street address after next weekend. Any questions related to the school, their Flame Off or the future plans of EGS will need to be directed to the school.
We wish the best for them!

This year's Glass Stock West will now be held at Cornerstone Glass in Eugene. It is a few miles from the old event. The address is in the update email.

A big thank you to everyone who has volunteered equipment, supplies or time to ensure that Glass Stock West 2012 is a continued success. With the change in venue, there will be a few changes that we cannot avoid. Please read the update email just sent out for more details.

Please remember if you have not sent in your demonstration information for Thursday morning you need to send Kris your idea, type of demo (and type of glass), is it torch, wire wrap, fusing?) See update email for her email address.

Also, we will have a notary on site as the waivers will all need to be changed to reflect the new venue. Leslie Bitgood has offered her services for those who have already gotten the old ones notarized. For those who haven't, PLEASE reprint revised waiver attached to the update and bring as usual to the event. This will save us a LOT of time at check in!

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this change may cause!
This event takes all of us to make it great! Without all of you, Glass Stock West would not be the grass roots event we all look forward to every year!

Thank you all for your help, support, love and concern!

deb crowley

Old 2012-08-11, 2:04pm

its ok cya in 2 weeks
Old 2012-08-11, 2:23pm
I'm meeeeelting

My first GS was in the mini-storages and it was still fantastic. We can make any venue work. It's the people.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2012-08-11 at 3:06pm.
Old 2012-08-11, 3:35pm

i did not know that
Old 2012-08-11, 5:58pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks Felicia, that was the other scramble for a building year, what a way to start girl....but it was a great year!

Yes, Ken, we can melt glass anywhere

Cornerstone has been fantastic, they are so helpful and sweet, I think this is going to be a win/win for all of us! Also, Hugh Salkind is the man, my hero and my man-rock, he has gone way further than the extra mile to help us find a building and secure equipment, WTG Hugh!!!! Cornerstone will definitely get some nice art glass too!

Thanks again to everyone emailing and calling to help, you ALL rock!
xoxoxoxo and a woohoo! deb

Old 2012-08-11, 10:33pm
I'm meeeeelting

I found some pictures online. It looks like a nice place.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2012-08-12, 7:11pm
Wooohooo,GS!

I think it is going to be great and Ashely is super nice! We have had all the great boro boys ask to help again with the tech'ing so should be quicker with new set up!

With all the changes and some snafus with the venue switch I realized that I have not sent in my demo info....bad girl! Since both of my torch classes (foil fish and boro blown shells) are full I am not sure which I should demo.

So I am putting my Thursday morning demo to a vote: foil betta fish or blown sea shell?

I should send in my info by Friday...I will count votes then.

Off to take a nice long soak in the hot tub...it has been a crazy week, thanks for everyone's well wishes and help!

Hugs, deb

Old 2012-08-13, 4:50am

I would vote for the shell so I could see your new shell mold in action!!
Old 2012-08-13, 7:19am
I'm meeeeelting

Me, too.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2012-08-13, 10:31am
Finally doing what I love

Default 16 Days in Counting!

16 Days left until I'm on the Plane! Woo Hoo! Very excited!

A little nervous too.... Never done a demo in front of people who knew what they were doing before.

Big thanks to Deb and everyone organizing. Changing the venue at the last minute must have caused lots of stress. As someone who is really looking forward to this event I appreciate that you made it work.... Thanks!

Christina

Do what you Love and Love what you do!
Old 2012-08-13, 11:32am

i vote shell
Old 2012-08-13, 6:30pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Thank you Christina! Where there is glass, flame, desire enough, enlightenment and love, we become an unstoppable group! It has been crazy going over everything again to make sure we have crossed all the t's and I am sure there will be a few breath-holding moments to come....but these make for great memories! Besides, we are just good at looking like we know what we are doing so you'll fit right in!

Justin and Ashley at Cornerstone have been SO awesome....I can't WAIT to meet them in person and give them some hugs and thanks! They have been a huge help and willing to do whatever it takes to make this great!
Cornerstone will be the other featured vendor, they will have tools and glass for sale but make sure you check those tool lists on the classes before hand! Justin would be glad to extend great prices on any pre-orders of tools and have them waiting there for you. There will be NO loaner tools as we had in the past! The other sponsor is Northstar Glass, save some money for super boro color buys!

We will have 5 gift baskets you could help fill...we are adding one for Hugh, one for Justin and one for Ashley (plus the 2 surprise ones in newsletter....) so anything you can bring them as goodies is awesome! Glass, snacks, chocolate, trinkets or bath stuff for Ashley, maybe a nice wine (deb gets the pinor noir!) or tequila pints (for the boys baskets), beer, hats, gag gifts and fun stuff! Let's show them all how much we appreciate them!

There will be one more update going out next week...see you all very soon!
glassy love, deb

Last edited by deb c; 2012-08-13 at 6:32pm.
Old 2012-08-14, 9:58am

do i add them to BBQ
Old 2012-08-17, 6:48am
Wooohooo,GS!

Yes. Ken, please add them I will cover them.

Old 2012-08-19, 8:13am
Glassy Broad :-)

JUST found this thread. I need to stray out of the potty more

I'm so excited! This is my first year at GS and while I was excited before reading this thread, now I am just plain giddy!
Can't wait to meet you all

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2012-08-19, 8:44pm
Angel's Mom

Holy Cow, is GS next week already?!?!?!?

I cannot WAIT to see all my goofy, talented glassy friends! Last week I moved to Kansas City and started a new job. This week I start teaching classes and before we left Dodge the first thing I did was pack my tools for GS, just in case things got lost in the move. This is one of the big highlights of my year, and I always come home refreshed and inspired.

I haven't torched in a month and probably won't torch in the next 4-5 months, depending on when we find a house in the country, and I get all set up. But nothing will keep me away from Glass Stock!

Ok, so don't forget to send me your demo info, eh hem, Miss Deb. If y'all lost the email, I'm kris_ball (at) hotmail.com. Send me your name, the name and type of demo (flamework, cold work, other) type of glass neeeded (boro/Moretti or bring your own), and approximate time (usually 10 min. to 1 hour). There are going to be some awesome demos, so let me know or else I'll make one up for you. It might involve juggling or tap dancing with glass if I have to make one up. Truly the demos are not scary at all--everyone is rooting for you, and usually there are 4-6 others going on at the same time so it's not like everyone is watching you. If you mess up, no one will notice, and we've all been there before, so we'll just smile and give ya a hug.

See you all in a little over a week! Woo Hoo!
Kris

Life is short. Melt glass!
Old 2012-08-20, 5:54pm

The Demo is my favorite part of Glass Stock. Oh wait, maybe I should clarify, ONE of my most favorite parts. Everything about Glass Stock is my favorite part, but really, I do look forward to the demo part. I really love to watch everyone else demo, there's so much going on it's hard to catch it all, and even harder if you're trying to take notes too!
I guess there's just something about watching glass melt, Bonus when the person melting it knows what they're doing, or at least has a plan
Old 2012-08-20, 8:06pm
I'm meeeeelting

LOL. For me, the demos are completely overstimulating. I'm way too ADD to be able to focus with so many things going on at once. I always end up seeing bits and pieces of a bunch of demos and still not really having a clue what just went on.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2012-08-23 at 10:43am.
Old 2012-08-23, 8:28am
Wooohooo,GS!

LOL! Kris...whoops...is it Friday yet? Ok, I am doing a shell and will demo my new spiral molds!

Nita...you are too cute!

Brenda....what a gem you are....always so sweet and positive...(can I have what she's having)?

Felicia, I know...I want to see them all but with SO much behind the scenes stuff to do I usually am running around and then when the demos come out of kiln I am bummed I missed them demo!

Woohoo, I got the teacher boxes all packed with glass (man, the boys boxes are ALL heavy....) and thought I had plenty of samples for my classes but I guess everyone wanted to shop on ebay this week and almost everything has bids...so I am off to make some more shells and tomorrow foil/dichroic fish for my classes. (I know, it is a great thing but argh....so much to do...)

Thank goodness Polly is here...she has been a HUGE help! My son nipped glass for 6 hours last 2 days filling the boxes with clear boro, then prepped the tubing. How awesome is it for my kid to do my prep? He said " Mom, you are the only one I would ever prep for...oh, and Hugh too". SO cute...he is so behind in glass orders but still helping Mom....what awesome kids I have!

Sooooooooon.....ahhhhhh!
Hugs, deb