LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2013-03-16, 9:38am
Lover of Life

I started the first one, clear only, last weekend... then my propane ran out so I do have the beginnings of what I had in mind. I am going to refill, and head back to the torch this weekend I hope...

"Your dreams are waiting for you to come true."
Old 2013-03-18, 6:53am
Redheaded Thread Killer

Got it downloaded and ready for reading! (Personal Challenge 1 complete!) hahaha

Been working on organization in my very small studio apartment. I kind of was in a stall due to having no place to really "work" - so once I have that going I feel I can get in the groove better. I bought a nice 5' table, and started sorting all my various supplies and tools. I should downsize some of what I have, but... I truly hope someday to get back to doing glass. In the meantime I'm going to try metalsmithing(jewelry) and maybe some encaustic mixed media stuff.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Currently... torch is cold. Not sure when I'll be making glass again. Hothead and Lynx user.
Nothing on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-03-19, 9:58am

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauxartz View Post
Fabulous tutorial! Thank you so much for putting the time and effort in on this, Kim. I haven't had a chance to try any of the challenges yet due to travelling but I have done some journaling and sketching. Something I never do. So this has been a real eye opener. Looking forward to getting home and playing with glass in a new way.
That's awesome! So glad you liked the tutorial and it's great to hear that you've gotten into the journaling/sketching. I know that makes a huge difference for me.

Misty, I hope your reorganization project gets you up and moving again creatively...I've definitely had times when I've been so bogged down by clutter that it started affecting my ability to create.

Becky, hopefully you have some propane by now, LOL! I hate it when that happens...just had to refill mine on Sunday.

Old 2013-03-25, 10:13am
Ezzy

I have to tell you Kim, I absolutely adore your tutorial. I don't think I've ever used the word "adore" to describe a tutorial before. Because of the nature of the of the workbook, I don't want to talk about the individual challenges or post pictures because I don't want to share your intellectual work with those who haven't purchased the text.

But what I do want to share with everyone, but especially you, is that two things I read in your book, one about marvering and one about encasing caught my attention and girlfriend, I am moving that glass around in a way I never thought possible for me to achieve. Now THAT bead, because it's something I could have pulled from a challenge card, I hope to be able to post later on today. But for now I'm so thrillingly inspired, I might be able to finally become the Encased Floral Queen I've always imagined myself to be. Thank you so much for the inspiration!
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Old 2013-03-25, 10:59am
MacGalver

Okay here is what I've done so far: I took an old deck of playing cards and turned them into creativity challenge cards (the better to shuffle them, of course!). I used adhesive labels and made each card have prompts at top and bottom so all the prompts would fit onto a single deck of cards. Simple as this sounds, having those cards to shuffle through and look at the prompts got me very interested in trying them out in studio. I hope to get a chance to work on that later this week, once my own tutorial project is complete.

Also, Kim, I thought you might like to know ~ the word about Clusterfluxx is spreading so quickly, I got an email from a non glass working friend that she had heard about the site through a jewelry group she is involved in and thought I should check it out!

I'm curious about that ~ is the site intended for all glassworkers, or is it primarily for folks who have purchased the boot camp tutorial?

Good job on the tut!

Jo

Last edited by Frit Diva; 2013-03-25 at 3:58pm.
Old 2013-03-25, 11:36am
The Harbinger of Cuteness

Just picked up my copy today, the first day of my spring break vacation. I'm really looking forward to taking the time to read and absorb this ebook. Thanks Kim!

~
~

#M-191
Old 2013-03-26, 12:43pm

Aimee: Thank you!

Ezzy: I am so thrilled to hear that -- thank you so much for posting, that kind of feedback means the world to me!

Jo: Clusterfluxx was started so that readers of the Creativity Boot Camp would have a place to post their challenge results and compare notes, but anyone is welcome there, whether they are a glassworker or not and whether they bought the tutorial or not.

Old 2013-04-09, 9:02am
Jacqueline Parkes

I got my copy today and did a quick skim and it is fabulous! Now I need to sit down and absorb every word. Great job, thank you!

Old 2013-04-09, 9:43am

So wish I paid more attention to the tutorials thread...kicking myself because I missed the pre-order and too broke to do anything but dream!

I've been in a creative desert since my sister passed...

Old 2013-04-11, 12:56pm

Kim, So much of the beginning part is just what I needed to hear... You are spot on in your advice!

Hoping to fire up the torch...if I quit procrastinating!

Old 2013-04-14, 1:34pm
Keep on keepin' on...

I'm thinking I need this tut. Day 3 of firing up the kiln, a few fuglies later, like three, the kiln is off and I'm on the sofa. I need something to help me out of this rut. I have so much I need to be doing and have no creativity or ambition whatsoever....