Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2013-06-17, 11:16am

That hat is amazing!!! WOW

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-06-17, 4:14pm
honorary bead lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyuno View Post
I will observe, too, and maybe point and laugh a little.
CHICKEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyuno View Post
Donna, last year's winner, isn't coming this year, so all bets are off on who and what will win it.
Yeah but what have you and that little minx SF cooked up?
Old 2013-06-17, 4:18pm
I'm meeeeelting

Quote:
Originally Posted by houptdavid View Post
CHICKEN!
Totally. Actually, I'd probably do it if I didn't have to return to work looking somewhat professional when I got back.

Quote:
Yeah but what have you and that little minx SF cooked up?
Nothin.' Weeeeell, I've told her what I think SHE should do. Whether she'll do it or not, I have no idea. I've cooked up nothing for myself. Hat's are not my thing.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2013-06-19 at 11:46am.
Old 2013-06-17, 6:35pm
Glassy Broad :-)

My kiln is totally too small for something like that, but OMG I'd love to try it!
Yes David, they make "Hair Chalk" could be interesting! DO NOT USE FOOD COLORING! That's what's in my hair right now. Doesn't wanna wash out! (My ex did that to his 2 toe heads when they were little, is where I got the idea from)
It will be brighter/darker etc. before glass stock, just wanted to make sure I liked it on me!

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2013-06-19, 6:55am
Wooohooo,GS!

You guys are soooo cute! David, maybe pink and orange! I think purple for me....maybe just a braid or something. Nita, you are plain adorable!

Felicia, I'm bummed Donna's not coming, that hat was incredible!!! Can't wait to see what folks come up with this year!

Dawn, yes, we are a crazy fun bunch....be prepared to laugh til it hurts!

Can't wait! Is it Aug yet? Oh, and we will have a hot shop set up in side building, our dearest Bob is bringing his whole portable set up! More info in the newsletter next month!

yippee skippy! deb

Old 2013-06-19, 3:46pm

OMG A hot shop....I'd just stand close to it and let the fat melt off.
Hmmmm that might be an extra fire hazard tho...well never mind. I'd love to watch tho!
There are so many "somedays" you know????
HUGE Hugs!

Old 2013-06-19, 5:20pm
honorary bead lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb c View Post
Y Oh, and we will have a hot shop set up in side building, our dearest Bob is bringing his whole portable set up!
BIOTCH!!!!
Old 2013-06-19, 5:46pm

Ya better tread lightly there David...the whole theme this year IS
"The Wild Wild West"
Just sayin

Old 2013-06-19, 6:42pm
I'm meeeeelting

David, what did the hot shop ever do to you?

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-06-19, 6:55pm
honorary bead lady

She's an evil temptress!
Old 2013-06-19, 6:56pm
I'm meeeeelting

Lol! Not for me. I tried it at GS my 2nd year and decided it was too frigging hot. I'm sticking with my torch.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-06-21, 7:42am
Lover of Life

67 days!!!
I'm coming by plane, using air miles. Last year the drive was fantastic, and I was sooooo looking forward to doing it again, but this is so much cheaper. Was trying to find a direct flight from Edmonton to Eugene... I know they exist, but not in air miles' choices, so I will likely fly to portland and either rent a car or take a bus from there... unless I can connect with anyone there. Either way, can't wait!!! Wheeeeeeee!
I'm gonna go back and read this thread now, and get even more excited!

"Your dreams are waiting for you to come true."
Old 2013-06-22, 1:40pm

WOOT! Come on down Becky! I simply cannot wait!!!

Make sure you all get your T-shirt names and sizes to me soon! If you have sent me an email, and I didn't respond, well I got it then
I suppose I could send responses maybe I'll do that later today.

email me at nitatibbets@yahoo.com

HUGE HUGS everyone!

Old 2013-06-23, 7:07am
Wooohooo,GS!

Default uhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by houptdavid View Post
BIOTCH!!!!
Uhhh, sorry David but I know there are more than a few tempted every year!
Maybe you could jump in the "Man Auction" and make one of your gorgeous torso beads...that would get you some $ for the hot shop????

I just went to Olymipic color on Friday to pick up the bags of nuggets from Spectrum. I had to wait a bit for that dear Mark to get back to update my account. Well, so, I HAD to shop....finally got a nice pair of hot gloves, a new pair of Jim Moore shears and some raku frit. Plus watched some killer furnace work! Like Felicia said tho, I don't really miss gaffing anymore, too heavy on my bad back, super expensive, way hot and you need help.

Woohooo (David...we will find a way to get you in there!)
deb

Last edited by deb c; 2013-06-26 at 6:42am.
Old 2013-06-23, 7:20am
Wooohooo,GS!

I am finally back home after being gone most of last week. My son, his family and I went up to Seattle to help pack my daughter and SIL's Uhaul truck and then went to her graduation. She has been in a 7 year fellow residency up there, was Chief Resident for Head and Neck (she is an ENT surgeon) this past year. I am so proud...she has been working so hard for the last 15 years in pre-med, medical school and residency.

It was an awesome ceremony, wonderful but bittersweet as she is moving to Pittsburgh. We have seen each other every 2-3 months for the past 5 years, they would come down several times a year and we/I would go up. This will be the first Christmas without them in 5 years ;( They drove off yesterday morning for 5 days on the road, we said our goodbyes and headed home yesterday too.

At least I will be able to see them after GS East and a couple other venues I have booked on the east coast in the next year. She signed on for 2 years, they will see if they want to stay there by next year and then we will go out and see if we like it there too...who knows?

Anyway, I am SO proud of her and her husband.....sure makes a Mom happy (and cry!)
Hugs, deb

Last edited by deb c; 2013-06-23 at 5:09pm.
Old 2013-06-23, 8:27am
I'm meeeeelting

Congratulations, proud mom. That would definitely be bittersweet.

I have to say that as much as I have no desire to return to the hot shop, I'm glad I tried it. I was surprised by some of the similarities to torch work if on a larger, heavier and hotter scale.

Becky, I haven't talked with my Seattle pals yet about the drive. We'll likely all drive together, in which case we'll have a full car. You're welcome to check with me when we get a little closer to GS, though. If for some reason we don't all want to come and go on the same days (definitely a possibility), I'd have room in my car and could give you a ride from Portland on Wed. if you can arrive there by mid-morning.

Deb, Donna made the hat in a Robert Mickelson networking class last summer with Glass Stock in mind. It is an awesome piece of work.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2013-06-23 at 8:34am.
Old 2013-06-23, 5:14pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks Felicia, I am very proud!
I am glad I did furnace work for a few years on and off, it is a great experience and sure gives us a greater appreciation of what it takes!

That hat was incredible, glad I got to see it. No wonder it was so awesome...Mickelson class, wow! And she is really talented!
deb

Old 2013-06-24, 1:57pm
Angel's Mom

Did someone say Hot Shop?? O.M.G.!! I am in!!!

2 months to go! Can't wait!

Life is short. Melt glass!
Old 2013-06-26, 6:40am
Wooohooo,GS!

Yes, Kris, hot shop!!! WOOHOOO! We are also working on prices to maybe get spots for $40 each, maybe 2 for $75. Plus during the Art Faire we will have the furnace going for public to watch!

More details the minute I have them!
deb

Old 2013-06-30, 7:27pm

Helloooooo (in my best Mrs. Doubtfire voice)

Just checking to make sure everyone has their shirt size ordered! You should have received an answering email from me if you have ordered.

Getting so excited!!!

Old 2013-07-01, 7:16pm

Talking Can't wait

Wow
A hot shop .... Really. So bad. I haven't had a chance to play in one in a long long time
Started working glass in a hot shop in Corning way back in 1976 and grad school work in everything but flame working

Can't wait to see all my friends and make lots of new ones

Can't wait to see ya Felica and Julie V. - gal friends from Italy trips

So excited

Lisa
Old 2013-07-01, 8:53pm
I'm meeeeelting

Me too, Lisa!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-07-05, 7:31am
Wooohooo,GS!

Nita, love that movie
Lisa, can't wait to see you again...it will be great having you on this coast for a change!
Got your dichroic and will get it fired for you.

Got a chance to look at venue...Justin is setting us up in our own private area around the building next door...I think this will be a better area. A lot more room and not in the way of all those sweaty guys (I know....) but the those sweet guys say they want to come play with us anyway
Woohoo! deb

Old 2013-07-07, 1:03pm

Old 2013-07-17, 8:17am
Wooohooo,GS!

Woohoo, getting closer! Just back from a nice week long vacation fishing and camping. Saw the most amazing high Alpine lakes ever! We did 1500 miles in a week. These lakes were a 4 hour drive then an hour on logging road, then we did a 5 mile hike around the Twin Lakes in the Umpqua National Forest. Also saw Tokatee falls, WOW! We took daily 3-5 mile hikes on the North Umpqua river, we stayed at Tokatee lake with the river 15 feet from our tents, gorgeous. We fished 7 lakes and 4 rivers in 5 days, it was awesome but glad to be back at the cool coast with NO mosquitos, summer on a river here can be brutal! At least the river near our camp was mostly rapids and moved fast enough that there were very few in camp. Nice sound to fall asleep to.

T-Shirts are being mocked up now, thanks to everyone who sent their name/size info in in time!

Another few weeks and then a sea of glass will be cut, bundled and organized into teacher's boxes. What fun to spread all that glass out! Our sponsors ROCK!
deb

Old 2013-07-20, 12:30am

Welcome home! Sounds absolutely DIVINE! Except for the skeeters that is!
And it's getting closer and closer, and I get more and more excited!

Old 2013-07-21, 5:41pm
Type ZZZ personality

Haven't been to LE for a long time but wanted to jump in and say I can't wait to see you all this year! Veterans and newbies alike! I'm not teaching this year, so I can spend all my time taking classes and having fun. Yay!

Glad we're at Cornerstone again. They did such a great job last year with such short notice. Thanks to them!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2013-07-21, 8:11pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks Nita, it was dreamy fun! Glad to be home though, lots to do!
Patty, I am glad it is at Cornerstone too again this year, although it won't be in same building. They truly are fantastic folks to have an event with!

Can't wait either....great bunch of folks this year!
Yippee, deb

Old 2013-07-28, 8:19pm

Almost ready! This time, the hair is colored with the real stuff
Now when I go driving, I can say, Here I go down the road with my hair on fire! Having too too much fun.

Wet!

In a French Braid

Old 2013-07-28, 8:50pm
honorary bead lady

Now to find some temporary color...