Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2017-08-30, 8:48am

Smile March 2018, Murano, IT Lucio Bubacco Workshop!

Ciao tutti,

YES! It's time again for a most fabulous experience of your lifetime to come to Murano, Italy, and see what it's all about to learn from the master, Lucio Bubacco, in his own private studio . Work will be done in 104 COE Italian Effetre glass, primarily off mandrel but with opportunity to also do some torch worked mini blow pipe pieces to incorporate with your figures and "architecture". Any skill level is welcome, but basic knowledge/experience is recommended for the best advantage and progression.

Last workshop I formed for Lucio was March of 2016 and Lucio has been so kind to keep a freeze on the cost for this opportunity for you. You have the option of choosing taking 3, 4, 5 or 6 days of workshop. It's your call and allows you to perhaps better afford this unique opportunity.

The plan is to block the second half or last two weeks of March, 2018, for this opportunity to study and absorb Murano and Venice at your own pace. I strongly encourage, if you can, to take extended time to stay in Venice with us. I will be happy to introduce you to some of my life long friends I have made there and entry to private studios you would not have a chance to do in a way as a regular tourist to Murano might do.

A side note; this period of time is the most opportune to visit and experience Murano BEFORE the coming of GAS 2018 conference. To be honest, having a choice, I must prefer to experience Murano not during the craziness of a busy and over crowded international conference on this little unsuspecting island. Trust me, you will too . You will get to see a lot of the preparations for this big GAS event, in it's "virgin" condition, if you will. It will be really cool to "see it when" and meet some of the key players.

Here are the dates and cost:

Day 1-2-3 are Wednesday, 21st, Thursday, 22nd and Friday, 23rd of March 2018.
Day 4-5-6 are Monday, 26th, Tuesday, 27th and Wednesday 28th of March 2018. You can take any of these 6 dates in any combination from three to 6 days of study.

The price of each day of workshop is 320 euro per day. So your minimum 3 day workshop will be 960 euro. A four day will be 1,280 euro, a five day 1,600 and so on. This will include all materials needed for the workshop and a light lunch and afternoon snack. These meals are homemade right in the kitchen chez Bubacco studio by yours truly. You can bring your own favorite tools, but Lucio’s technique is one that requires only the barest of minimal tools. Further discussion on this will follow.

Lodging is separate from the cost of the workshop. Luigi Cattelan has been our host for these apartments and has also frozen his fee for our students to be the same as 2 years ago. The price of lodging at Luigi Cattelan apartments in Murano proper, is 41.20 euro per night. This price includes a tax mandated by local government officials. This is for double accommodations in a smoke-free studio apartment with private bathroom, laundry facility and small kitchen for you to prepare your out of workshop hours meals. If you require private lodging, this cost would be doubled. You are also free to seek other housing options on your own, of course. Having a studio type apartment can save you a lot of money from having to eat out all the time. If you need suggestions of other housing options, please inquire, but Luigi's apartments have suited the majority of our students for decades now!

Class maximum is 10 students per workshop day. We have had successfully all skill levels in each group with no problem, but again, experience is recommended for your full potential of benefit. Class hours are between 9:30AM and 5:30 PM.

So, please let me know if this workshop is of interest to you and any questions you may have at this point. Ask me any questions you have and your thoughts about joining us for this early spring workshop. I am eager to assist in any way I can to make this happen for you. Don't just "dream" about this opportunity, MAKE IT HAPPEN !!

Ven con noi! You will remember every moment for eternity, I know I have.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2017-09-13, 11:07am

Sounds amazing! I have never done any off mandrel work, do you have an examples to share?

Old 2017-10-25, 3:24am

Great is there still a possibility to join
Best, Gabi
Old 2017-11-08, 6:58am

Smile

Yes, Gabi, send me an email, ofiliacinta1@gmail.com !!

Old 2017-11-12, 5:50pm

If you can swing it, this is a wonderful opportunity! I did one in 2011 and not only learned a lot, but got so much inspiration from Lucio, his studio, all of the artists on Murano, and all of the suggestions from Ofilia of places to go and people to see. An experience of a lifetime.

My Facebook business page:

GTT Bobcat or Carlisle Lucio on an Integra 10
(and sometimes I pull out my HotHead!)
Old 2017-11-15, 9:39pm

Smile

Thanks, Diane! These experiences are really very fulfilling and memories for a lifetime. I love the Muranese! Thank you for being a part of these fond fond momentos I will always keep dear.

Old 2018-03-11, 1:46am

I wish I had seen this six months ago, have a great trip!
Old 2019-01-27, 7:09am

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayS. View Post
I wish I had seen this six months ago, have a great trip!
Hi Jay, no worries. You can always drop me a message and I'll keep you in the loop should I organize another of these groups in the future. It has been a pleasure and honor to turn others on to Murano the way I have.