No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-07-17, 10:05am
Melting

Default Trans mint green?

I bought a box of shorts that weren't so short a few months ago from Frantz...remember that? Well, one rod in there was a trans mint green, and when I melted it, it stayed trans mint green. I LOVE it! I want more, but I can't find it or figure out what color it is. Can anyone help?
Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2009-07-17, 10:19am
maybe tomorrow

Could it have been Pale Emerald?

Old 2009-07-17, 10:28am

The one Toni showed is Effetre, these are Vetrofond Pale Emerald. IMO it's a totally different color and one of my favs. Kind of hard to get sometimes too.

Old 2009-07-17, 10:48am

Why don't you ask him??
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-07-17, 10:57am
Melting

Definately not the vetro pale emerald. I'm not sure about the effetre pale emerald. Does anyone have pics of beads made with it? I'm going to go snap a pic of the color I got from it in a sec. I also sent Mike a pm.
Thanks for the help so far!!

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2009-07-17, 11:03am
Pugs rule

Could it be either one of these:
http://www.frantzartglass.com/index....87e09a4b9c72a3

http://www.frantzartglass.com/index....oducts_id=3211

I love the green apple pale.

Old 2009-07-17, 11:09am
Melting

Here it is, it is the center one. I put E 024 above, and E 030 below.

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2009-07-17, 11:16am
Melting

Right now I am leaning towards Effetre pale emerald or green yellow...unless anyone else has an idea!

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2009-07-17, 12:04pm
One Crazy Mama

green yelow almost has a yellow 'glow' to it i don't care for that color at all but pale emerald....*drools* one of my favorites!!!!

Old 2009-07-17, 12:17pm
Melting

Ok, then it is probably not the green yellow. Maybe it is the Effetre pale emerald. Mike said he's gonna try to figure it out for me, too. Thanks for all the help so far!

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2009-07-17, 12:20pm
Pugs rule

That looks like the green apple I have here.

Old 2009-07-17, 1:21pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

If it looks like coke bottle green it is probably the pale emerald that Toni linked to. Yummy color.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2009-07-17, 1:32pm
I need more boro stuff

Maybe Green Crystal Pale trans ?

Old 2009-07-17, 2:31pm

Pale Crystal Green is a bit lighter. Green apple has a bit more yellow. I'm pretty sure it's Effetre Pale Emerald. The Vetrofond pale emerald isn't really pale lol...They look different when put up against each other. Would you like me to take a pic?

Old 2009-07-17, 2:46pm

From left to right. Sorry...the type is really small

Vetro- Pale Crystal Green
Vetro Crystal Green
Effetre Pale Emerald (New batch)
Effetre Lt. Emerald
Effetre Pale Emerald (Older batch) This is what I'm thinking it is

Old 2009-07-17, 3:22pm
Melting

Oh no! Don't tell me that Irene! That means I can't get more

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2009-07-17, 3:23pm
Melting

Also, if it helps, when it was melted it looked almost like a pastel green.

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2009-07-17, 3:28pm

Theresa, if Reenie can't hook you up with the old batch, I have some if you need it.
Reenie, that new batch of Effetre pale Emerald looks yummy!

Old 2009-07-17, 5:57pm
Melting

Thanks Rebecca!! I'll let you know!

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2009-07-28, 11:02am
Melting

Mike said he thinks it is Vetro 791909 - does anyone know what that is or where to get it? It must be an odd. He referred me to Morretti and More, but they don't have it on their site.

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2009-07-28, 11:05am

Mine doesn't melt down to a pastel green....Let me check out 791909

Old 2009-07-28, 11:26am

I have some of the older batch of the pale emerald.
I have never been able to melt it to a pastel green however....
PM if you still need some and I'm still trying to figure out what 791909 is. wish he gave you a name lol.
I'll call Mike!

Old 2009-07-28, 12:01pm
Melting

Thanks Irene! It is a transparent, though. Let me know what you find out!

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2009-07-28, 12:05pm
Melting

Hey Irene - when I searched for it on Yahoo!, I got this:

#791909. Vetrofond Pale Emerald Green Transparent 1/4 lb
www.flamekissedglass.com/catalog.php?item=909

But when I click on it I go to your site and it says that it doesn't exist. That should help though - it looks like it is an odd lot of vetro pale emerald green. Now if I can find it...

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2009-07-28, 6:50pm

The Vetro 909 is the one I showed in the pic.

Old 2009-07-28, 7:47pm
Melting

It looked darker than what I have, but then it occurred to me that I used it over white, so that might be why. Hopefully I can either figure out what this is, or find another light green that I like instead.

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2009-07-28, 7:52pm

Well I have the pale emerald in effetre which is what your pic looked like. I know I have some of that Vetrofond 909 somewhere here...I just know it lol.
Called Frantz and they told me that number is the V pale emerald. I'll be on the prowl tomorrow to see if I can find some. I know I ordered it when Effetre Pale Emerald was out for such a long time. Now it's, "Where did I put it?"

Old 2009-07-29, 3:44am

Well now we know why the Vetro 909 is so hard to get! Reenie is hiding it all.

Old 2009-07-29, 10:56am
Melting

It sounds more like she lost it all!

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2009-07-29, 11:45am
Lampworkaholic!

CiM Peacock Green. That's my guess but even if I am wrong you will love it.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox