Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2010-09-30, 7:11am
Jacqueline Parkes

Default Scratches on Lens

Is it possible to have a scratch removed from a camera lens?I often have visible marks on my photos due to a scratch. You can view it in this picture as a white curved line.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-09-30, 7:14am
Wahwahbabypants

I don't know if they can, I somehow doubt it.

Get a lens filter. I spend about 35 bucks for a decent one and if it gets scratched it's not a big deal. Protects about 200 bucks worth of glass behind it so it's a good investment. All my lens have filters on them all the time.

Sorry about your lens. You can definitely see it on your photo

I might go Crazyif I don't go Crazy Tonight.
Old 2010-09-30, 7:19am
Jacqueline Parkes

Okay I will do that with the next camera purchase, blah.

Old 2010-09-30, 7:38am
Jacqueline Parkes

It looks horrible on this picture. This business sure is a money grab. I really like my camera even though it is ancient, minus the scratch of course.

Old 2010-09-30, 8:00am

Like this, use a retouch button (this one is in Corel PSP X3)
Katie
Old 2010-09-30, 2:48pm

I assume you can see it on your lens since you are asking about removing it. Usually though, it has to be a pretty big scratch to show up in a picture. The depth of field is so short that it's out of focus and you never see it except maybe as a slight blur area. It's like when you take a picture through a chain link fence or a dirty window and you hold your camera up real close to them. You don't actually see the chain link fence or dirty window as it's to out of focus. You will get a loss of sharpness though.

If you back away from the bead a ways does it show up as sharp? Are you sure it's not on the UV filter that sits over your digital sensor?

Mike
Old 2010-10-14, 5:51am
Madmanmarbles

I was going to say what mike said. If you have a good camera shop in your area, it would be cheaper to replace the front lens than to get it repaired.

[color="Red"] Chettah