No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2010-11-05, 7:28pm
Puddy Cat Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerbeedz1 View Post
All of the powders have been shipped today that were included in the tutorial that was purchased yesterday 9/4 (except orders from Canada). I wasn't able to make it to the post office today to fill out custom forms. Not sure if I have to do that for Canada or not, but I assume so. I cannot print postage from paypal to Canada without paypal charging $10. I wish they would offer the same rates as the USPS does when you go to their counter for service. It would sure make things easier.

Patsy
Patsy,
In our vinyl decal business, we ship international almost everyday. Our Postmaster gives us a stack of the Cusom Declaration tickets for us to fill out ahead of time. That way we're not holding up the line, and the checkout goes smoothly. I use an address stamp on the "Sender" area so I'm not writing our address all the time. Just a tip to make international shipping go smoother. Can't wait to get my goodies.

J.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-11-05, 9:42pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Thanks Jeanette for the info. It is greatly appreciated.

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2010-11-05, 10:52pm

Love the tutorial! Thank you so much Patsy, I can't wait to get the "powder" so I can play!

BTW-For international orders, I use Endicia. I can print postage online and never even have to go to the post office. (Thanks so much to whoever gave me the info on that).
Old 2010-11-05, 11:00pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Quote:
Originally Posted by upinflames View Post
Love the tutorial! Thank you so much Patsy, I can't wait to get the "powder" so I can play!

BTW-For international orders, I use Endicia. I can print postage online and never even have to go to the post office. (Thanks so much to whoever gave me the info on that).
Thanks. On Endicia do you fill out the custom forms too?

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2010-11-05, 11:19pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerbeedz1 View Post
Thanks. On Endicia do you fill out the custom forms too?

Patsy
Hi Patsy,

I fill out the form online and it prints out on the postage label. No need to go to the post office at all. They are affiliated with the USPS and you can even purchase insurance if needed to other countries through Lloyds of London at really great rates (except Greece for some reason).

They charge $15.95 per month in addition to postage and insurance fees, but I live WAY OUT in the boonies and it pays me to do it this way. If you are going to the post office regularly anyway it might not be such a great deal.

______________________-

Dawn
Old 2010-11-06, 6:11am
Puddy Cat Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by upinflames View Post

Thank you for sharing the info about Endicia. Do you have to have the DYMO machine to print the postage? This may be an option for us in the future.

J.

Old 2010-11-06, 7:29am

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Savina View Post
Thank you for sharing the info about Endicia. Do you have to have the DYMO machine to print the postage? This may be an option for us in the future.

J.
No, so far I haven't needed anything but my printer. Endicia uses a program called Dazzle that you install from their website and it allows you to type in addresses and customs form information right from your computer and it prints out on your printer.

I also have the Dymo program that I installed from their website, but I haven't needed to use it yet, so I'm not sure if you need a seperate machine for that or not.

My only reason for getting their service was to be able to have the option to purchase insurance for international packages, but I love the fact that I don't have to go to the post office!
Old 2010-11-10, 12:00pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Anyone get their powder yet and was able to make some beads? I would love to see your results!!

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2010-11-10, 2:28pm

Hi Patsy - My powder arrived yesterday so will be trying it soon! Thank you.

Old 2010-11-10, 3:21pm
aka Spawn Of Flame

My powder arrived also - no torch time until the weekend... and I have to make some clear frit.

--
--
--

Old 2010-11-10, 5:10pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Cool! I'm excited to see everyone's creations!!

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2010-11-10, 11:31pm

Got mine! Super fast!

I've been playing with it a bit, still need to take pictures, but I am so happy with the results! Thanks again Patsy!
Old 2010-11-19, 12:09pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Okay, anxiously waiting for pics.

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2010-11-20, 12:22pm
aka Spawn Of Flame

I have one in the kiln. Ummm. I think I used WAY too much powder.

--
--
--

Old 2010-11-20, 5:25pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Rose:

Remember less is best. A tiny bit goes a long way.

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2010-11-22, 9:46am
aka Spawn Of Flame

Lol... I didn't mean to use so much!

Anyway, here is one.

--
--
--

Old 2010-11-22, 10:25am
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Very nice Rose. I like the color you got on the base bead. Thanks for posting!

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2010-12-09, 12:18pm
aka Spawn Of Flame

Well, I have some of the glass specified in the tutorial and some clear frit being delivered on Saturday (unless we get another wave of snow...). I'm looking forward to actually following the directions. My bead above was made with handmade frit - and I don't have a mesh to sort the sizes.

Has anyone else made some of these?

The one in the picture above looks better than the photo, I think anyway.

I made one on a different base and I didn't like it so much. I had a friend over and that was the first bead she picked up and ooo'd and ahhh'd over. She said it looked like something that belonged on a beach. She's not a glass person either, so she had no clue that these were Tide Pool beads.

--
--
--

Last edited by rosemarie23; 2010-12-09 at 12:20pm.
Old 2010-12-30, 12:57am
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Here are more sets I created using the process highlighted in the tutorial. I was hoping more people that have tried the tutorial would have posted their pictures by now.

Patsy

Ebay:

Last edited by killerbeedz1; 2010-12-30 at 1:10am.
Old 2010-12-30, 3:56pm
Burning Fingers!

Those are beautiful Patsy - I haven't had a chance to work on mine yet - I have sooo many tutorials that I have purchased, and I keep promising myself I will get on and work at making some beads with them (not just read them). LOL.

/
/
/

Old 2010-12-30, 4:58pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P View Post
Those are beautiful Patsy - I haven't had a chance to work on mine yet - I have sooo many tutorials that I have purchased, and I keep promising myself I will get on and work at making some beads with them (not just read them). LOL.
Thank you Jane. I completely understand. It's a busy time of the year. I own a lot of tutorials too and still have to sit down and do them.

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2011-01-01, 4:59pm

I don't get much torch time but I loved the tutorial! And the technique is very unique!!

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2011-01-01, 5:28pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Thanks Paula. I really appreciate the positive feedback. When you do get a chance to try it out, if you should have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2011-11-11, 9:35pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Here are some new beads I created using the tutorial. My tutorial is only available at Etsy.
Attached Images

Ebay:

Last edited by killerbeedz1; 2011-11-11 at 9:37pm.
Old 2011-11-11, 9:56pm

Gosh those are gorgeous!

My Ebay
Old 2013-04-27, 3:15am
what's a senior moment ?

Bumping this back up. I was inspired today by a set of beads in the gallery using this tut so had to buy it.

Old 2013-04-27, 11:01am

I still love those beads. Wish I could get MD to do THAT for me.

My Ebay
Old 2013-04-27, 1:57pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Here are the beads I made using the tutorial... lots of fun!
Attached Images

Old 2013-04-27, 5:46pm

Sigh. Donna those beads are stunning!

My Ebay
Old 2013-04-27, 7:27pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I made more yesterday using a glass color that I know for sure what it is. The ones I posted I'm not sure what the glass color is I just know that it's a silver glass probably from Precision Color.