LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2011-10-24, 9:04am

if your ever down this way, or up in the Chehalis area, feel to drop me a line. I'd love to place some hefty blocks of wood on that bench of yours. I just had a new garage floor poured down here for a wood storage building, and I have way to much to store.
I plan to spend months resawing material for luthier work that I will be at some point posting on ebay. if you have a need for material just let me know
Murf

ouch Lorraine.
thanks all
Murf

the above statement of coming on down applies to all. i know at times there is some sort of glass retreat that happens around here. should any one need a place to stay , just drop me a line. it give me an excuse to turn on the heat in the homes down here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

------------------------
Kobuki*Delta Elite*Mirage*Blast Shields*two DeVilbiss 5 LPM* tanks* foot pedal.

Last edited by murf; 2011-10-24 at 9:14am.
Old 2011-10-24, 10:03am

Cheng076 - So does that mean frequent visits from seagulls and crows? LOL

Murf - As far as the visitor near your pan statue - my friends in Reno have a Koi pond in their yard - right in the city. The racoons started showing up right after the koi pond was built. They now have an electric fence on the top of the yard fence to keep the racoons out. They started out with 16 koi - and are now down to 8. They put a bunch of pond plants in, which has helped because the plants have taken off and about 1/2 of the pond is now overgrown with lily pads and its harder now to see the fish but the racoons arent getting free lunch everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheng076 View Post
I know whereof you speak. My work benches look like the county dump... stuff strewn every which way. So many projects I don't get a chance to clean up before the next one starts.... 6 on the books at the moment.
PJH

Last edited by nevadaglass; 2011-10-24 at 12:17pm.
Old 2011-10-24, 11:50am
Salt Box Beads

[quote=murf;3755532] ouch Lorraine.

Murf

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ns.html?cat=53

My neighbors filled their beautiful new pond a few years ago with large gorgeous koi at no small expense. I asked her the other day what ever happened to them, and she said because of the koi and fresh water the racoons moved in and ate all of the fish and actually tried to live in the basement, and they finally had to drain the pond for 6 months, the racoons finally moved on and now they have filled the pond and have it operating again but are afraid the frogs that have moved in might bring the racoons back.

I was just trying to help you to know that koi can be expensive dinners for racoons. My poor neighbors learned the hard way that racoons are koi enemy number two right behind domestic cats. There are lots of articles on the internet on how to protect your koi from predators.
Old 2011-10-24, 12:19pm

Our neighbors had a beautiful koi pond inside their home, in the entry way. It was a beautiful pond with a wall of water cascading into it. One day, they came home to find a raccoon sleeping on their daughter's bed after a filling meal. That same raccoon used to come to my back door which was all glass and "knock" for food. She would also swim in our wading pool and nap on our deck. We had to keep our door locked because she would reach up and turn the knob. I know you are not supposed to encourage wild life or feed them but she was an especially endearing critter. Well, maybe not for my neighbor's koi but she entertained the rest of us.
Old 2011-10-24, 1:12pm
Salt Box Beads

I know Kathy, they are great pets. My uncles had them. They are fun and funny but they have an infinity towards destructiveness and can be very aggressive and mean at times..

I have also had pet fish that love to be stroked and fed by hand and koi especially are endearing and I just hate the thought of a coon munching on them...If it came down to my $1000.00 worth of koi in a pond or a coon, Koi would win.
Old 2011-10-24, 6:44pm
Curmudgeon Engineering

nevada,
Sure seems like it. The crows and seagulls that is. Lots of s... lands on the surface. LOL
Managed to get 3 of the projects done today. Maybe several more in the next few days. but I thought of a couple more things to make/do so it's a never ending to-do list.
PJH
Old 2011-10-26, 9:42am

the raccoon as it turns out lives under my neighbors house. as i closed off the shop yesterday I notice it sleeping on my roof right over the door way. I woke it up and it did a big dog type stretch and moved up to the ridge cap to continue its nap. I think I may relocate the big guy?
as it turns out my neighbors that are renting the place are moving. I contacted the owner to see if the property is for sale. Iit is, but my inquiry of course put that hope way above a fair market value. It would be my intent to knock down the home. what they wanted for the property is in the price range of a nice home and this is not. the home is very creepy in side, and as far as I'm concern unlivable. Yuck!!!! that being said, they will find renters. oh well.
I think i will just keep silent and hopefully down the road they will contact me.
fingers crossed
murf

------------------------
Kobuki*Delta Elite*Mirage*Blast Shields*two DeVilbiss 5 LPM* tanks* foot pedal.
Old 2011-10-26, 12:12pm
Salt Box Beads

I will hope with you and keep fingers and toes crossed too! Sounds like the racoon may have been someones pet at some time in its early easy to handle younger cute days?

Relocation might be the answer.

Keep us posted...