TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Old 2009-07-17, 2:21pm

Default Down one concentrator need ADVICE NOW

My 2nd concentrator quit working today and now the gas knob on my mini cc is running HOT.

Let me back up. And I've already PM'd kbinkster for some advice but can't wait.

I set my propane tank at about 3.5-4 and the concentrator that's still working is a 6lpm which is running about 5lpm.

I set my flame to about 1/4" ... tiny blue cones with tiny white tips. So why is my propane knob getting overly warm. Like hot. I can hold onto it, it's not THAT hot but it never is that warm. And when I touched the stand ... IT'S hot.

I need to torch more today and they can't check out the 2nd concentrator until Monday. EEEK. I just finally made myself get back to work and now this!

help!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-07-17, 2:32pm
aka Pele's Fire

Darleen, I have no advice only to say that I can so relate to having concentrator issues. It is awful!!! I am still waiting for a resolution, but I hope that all is not lost for you and that you can get a quick fix. I did read somewhere, I think, that a Mini CC will get hot on the knobs if there is not enough oxygen to cool the torch. Is this what you are running?

Terryl

On the eight day, God created fire.....he created big, big, blazing fire.
Old 2009-07-17, 4:18pm
Striking-impared...

That would be my guess, too -- that there isn't enough oxygen flowing through to cool. The Mini CCs are known to get overly warm on the knobs.

Old 2009-07-17, 5:52pm

thanks guys. I dragged my original concentrator out of the garage and fired it up. It has a new sieve bed in it but there's something else wrong with it so the O2 output isn't very pure. I've been able to get the flame back to that nice tight shape but my candles have larger yellow tips that flare part way down the blue (sure indication the O2 isn't up to snuff). BUT the good part is the torch itself isn't heating up like it was before. so whew. I should be able to limp along until I get ONE of the 2 fixed. Unless the 3rd one craps out on me. ack! !!!!