Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2013-07-10, 8:31am

Default Cool eye protection

Everytime I get a pair of sunglasses I tend to like the blue or amber or red colored mirror lenses the best. I don't know...maybe it's something from my youth.

Does anyone make didys like this...with mirror finishes on the lens? I'd probably buy it if there was.

Duane

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-07-12, 1:32pm

Current lampworking glasses use either a glass lens (such as the ACE 202 lens from Phillips) or a polycarbonate lens. I think that either could receive a mirror coating.

But, I think that these would have to be custom made, and most likely would not be cheap. For example, I sell a lexan faceshield that has a gold (yes, real gold!) coating on it to reflect the heat. You can imagine the cost of this!

Plus, I would be concerned about any optical distortion added to the lenses, especially in a one-of-a-kind application.

Malcolm

Email:

Phone:+1.408.288.7978

Last edited by ArtcoInc; 2013-07-12 at 1:36pm.
Old 2013-07-12, 9:22pm

Quote:
Current lampworking glasses use either a glass lens (such as the ACE 202 lens from Phillips) or a polycarbonate lens. I think that either could receive a mirror coating.

But, I think that these would have to be custom made, and most likely would not be cheap. For example, I sell a lexan faceshield that has a gold (yes, real gold!) coating on it to reflect the heat. You can imagine the cost of this!

Plus, I would be concerned about any optical distortion added to the lenses, especially in a one-of-a-kind application.

Malcolm
Malcolm, please pm me the cost of that faceshield.
Old 2013-07-13, 5:34am

I called phillips directly and inquired. It will indeed be custom and cost $50 for the special coating. I'll pass but thanks for that info anyways, Malcolm!

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN