Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Old 2005-06-30, 5:38pm

Default Oxygen concentrators??????????

I have one concentrator. Can I connect two together to have more coming through to have a better mix of propane and oxygen. Helpl I need to know before I buy another one.
Old 2005-06-30, 5:41pm
needs to light the torch.

I just bought a second one! It is on it's way to me right now

I bought a Y connector when I ordered my second concentrator from Paulette, she has them for sale on her site, I think they are $20...

Yay here comes more heat!!!!!!!!! I hope the learning curve isn't too huge!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2005-06-30, 6:17pm
ManBearPig

I've heard of people running up to 4 concentrators together. I would assume you could connect as many together as you have room to use.

I run two Airsep Newlife concentrators on my Nortel Midrange and it works great.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2005-06-30, 8:36pm

I run 2 concentrators on my Bobcat. With both going, I can do boro.

Old 2005-06-30, 8:59pm
Life in the slow lane

I love my second concentrator. I'm on a bobcat like Cinda and I can do boro or anything else all day long. It's utterly blissful.

Old 2005-07-01, 6:23am
Cheeky & Impervious

Nicole, where did you purchase your oxygen concentrator, if you don't mind? Isn't there some set of rules when purchasing one, like only buy one with no more than XXX amount of hours on it, etc.? I use tanked oxy, but am thinking of selling my tank and instead just doing two oxy cons, but I don't know terribly much about them or where to buy them. . . any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated!

-- Jules, the "Oxy Con Deficient" One

Old 2005-07-01, 8:10am
koregon

If you buy them from a reliable source...reconditioned you shouldn't have a problem...we checked eBay first and saw what most were going for....and most of the sellers didn't know much about them either...so we went with Paulette at Suncoastbeads.com we bought the y connecter and everything from her....it sure is awesome not to have to worry about going to fill you oxy tanks....you never run out with a concentrator...we have two on my torch/if I turn both on for focals/for small pressed beads...one is more than enough...Dan uses one on his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julabula
Nicole, where did you purchase your oxygen concentrator, if you don't mind? Isn't there some set of rules when purchasing one, like only buy one with no more than XXX amount of hours on it, etc.? I use tanked oxy, but am thinking of selling my tank and instead just doing two oxy cons, but I don't know terribly much about them or where to buy them. . . any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated!

Old 2005-07-01, 8:13am
Where's the coffee?

Does anyone know if there will be any concentrators at the gathering? I would love to pick one up while I am there to save on the shipping costs.

Old 2005-07-01, 8:17am
Pete

You can buy a Y or T connector at your local hardware store for less than a dollar. Since we're not using "Medical Oxygen" nothing fancy is required.

Pete

Old 2005-07-01, 3:38pm
LE System Admin

I think Paulette's Y adapters have two one-way valves in them (one for each concentrator). I have no idea how necessary that is, though.
Old 2005-08-05, 5:30pm
needs to light the torch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julabula

HI Jules ~ sorry I am so late in responding!

I bought mine from Paulette at Suncoastbeads.com

I know she recently sold the reconditioned concentrator part of her business...
I am very happy with my two concentrators!!! Melts like butta'!