LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-04-02, 11:50pm
Gimme that silver glass!

Thanks Judith! It should be in your mailbox now !

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-04-06, 1:53pm
Beadmaking.nl

This is mine...

Old 2009-04-11, 4:10pm

Anouk - I had so much fun with your tutorial! I have made several beads, but this one was my VERY first one. I used a rod of Double Helix called TE-256. I love the color and hope to be ordering more of it (now that I can make it sing ).

Old 2009-04-11, 5:04pm

This set is obviously not the style of bead shown in Anouk's tutorial. But I used several techniques out of the tutorial to achieve this look.

Thanks for sharing Anouk!

Old 2009-04-11, 5:05pm

Lisa, this bead is simply breathtaking

Old 2009-04-11, 5:09pm

Judith - I was just thinking the same thing about your set!! It's GORGEOUS!!

Last edited by LisaF; 2009-04-12 at 8:22pm. Reason: typo
Old 2009-04-11, 5:18pm

Lisa, thanks a lot.
I love the T-256 too and just ordered some more. It's often neglected because the colors are not as vibrant as for examle the T-265. But I really like the many colors it can produce.
I'm currently having a set on Ebay I made with T-256 ("Silk Road") - and the effects are so different from bead to bead.

Old 2009-04-11, 5:29pm
On A Lampwork Hiatus

Here is Psyche crunch before the tutorial and after. Same base glass and psyche and the same clear.

Terrible pics but you can see the difference. I wish you could see the metallic sheen under the clear in the photo but the glow of my laptop monitor didn't bring that out.. LOL.

I have been able to occasionally get the color to come out but I could never remember or took note of what I did. Great tutorial!!
Old 2009-04-11, 5:49pm

Judith, I just checked out your Silk Road set on ebay. Oh, so pretty!! Now I want to see what other pretty colors I can get from TE-256 too. Thanks!

Old 2009-04-17, 7:51pm
Love 2 Sculpt Kritters

Anouk thank you so much. Now I can use Psyche without being afraid of wasting it. This is my first try encased with Aether. I was mesmerized at the torch. I highly recommend this tutorial.

Old 2009-04-17, 8:37pm

Amazing colors Rifie!!!

Last edited by TeRangiStudio; 2009-04-18 at 1:15pm.
Old 2009-04-18, 4:31am
Just a bit DOOPY DOO DAH!

OK I have crumbled, I only have three rods of DH but what the heck, I am going to have to go down the silvered glass road. The beads and comments here are just too good to make me bypass anymore. More worried about the bank balance and falling in love with silvered glass - oh well here goes of to order it Anouk!
Michelle

Last edited by BeCharmed; 2009-04-18 at 4:31am. Reason: Duh added my name!
Old 2009-04-18, 7:34am
all for the love of glass

Yep, me too Michelle ~I ordered this last night. Can't wait to get it!

"Do not worry about your originality. You could not get rid of it even if you wanted to." -- Robert Henri.
Old 2009-04-18, 7:42am
*Desa Elliott*

Default OMG Rifie!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifie View Post
Anouk thank you so much. Now I can use Psyche without being afraid of wasting it. This is my first try encased with Aether. I was mesmerized at the torch. I highly recommend this tutorial.

HOW did you ever get those colors???? Amazing!

Please, Please share!!

Desa

G-88
Creideamh, Sùil, Dìlseachd

(Scottish Gaelic: Faith, Hope, Love)

www.ETSY.com/shop/GothicGlassJewelry
Old 2009-04-18, 1:02pm
Love 2 Sculpt Kritters

Thanks Judith and Desa for your kind words. I was so happy with the result that I didn't bother about shaping the bead just in case I crack it, coz it's almost 2 inches in height...so it become a freeform but was pressed lol!

As for my answer to your questions, I guess my answer re: formula is to purchase the tutorial from Anouk and you can use this as a guideline to make your silver glass sing. The fun is in experimenting and seing how the magic unfolds.

cheerios,
rifie

Old 2009-04-18, 1:16pm

Rifie - I got the tutorial . Just wanted to check if you used any of Anouk's secret formulas. I shouldn't even have mentioned it and asked you with pm.
Hope I didn't upset anyone by asking ... in any way I removed the part of my posting that could cause any concerns.

Old 2009-04-18, 7:51pm
*Desa Elliott*

Post I'm WAAAY ahead of you, Rifie.....

I jumped on the tut the first or second day it was available. I, also, don't want anyone to think that I would attempt anything underhanded regarding someone else's design.

I still think your colors are amazing.

Desa

G-88
Creideamh, Sùil, Dìlseachd

(Scottish Gaelic: Faith, Hope, Love)

www.ETSY.com/shop/GothicGlassJewelry
Old 2009-04-18, 8:02pm
On A Lampwork Hiatus

Okay, I actually got a good photo of the bead I made from the tutorial.

Old 2009-04-18, 9:10pm
WeBeadTogether

I just ordered mine!! I'm soooo excited!

Old 2009-04-20, 1:52am
Just a bit DOOPY DOO DAH!

Yeah mine was in my mailbox this morning and I've had a quick peek, looks totally gorgeous and now I need to get to the printer and then the torch - can't wait!
Thanks Anouk.

Michelle
Old 2009-04-22, 8:15pm

Oh Megan, I saw an amazing difference. Your tut bead is just beautiful.
Old 2009-04-23, 12:08am
Gimme that silver glass!

Oh you guys, I'm so sorry I haven't been able to jump in a bit earlier, but life has been crazy for me the last few weeks! It's soooo very wonderful to see everyone's results and I feel so honoured and happy that you all made your silver glass sing!

Thanks a lot for the referrals as well, I very much appreciate it !

Now, who's gonna start the swap for these beads ?

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2009-04-28, 8:22am
Beadmaking.nl

I made some more. This tutorial is a must have! So inspirering and it made me happy, because I was so happy with my own beads:

Anouk, thank you!!!

Old 2009-04-28, 5:28pm

Couldn't resist anymore - just purchased this and cannot wait!

FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE
Old 2009-04-28, 9:00pm

Tassiebeads~
You will be glad you did!

Old 2009-05-17, 2:32am
Tassie Devil

Thanks for the excellent tutorial, Anouk. I have been having a lot of fun with the technique. Here is one using Kronos, that I made a spiral rope for. Bit hard to capture the shine on the photo.

Today, right now, is a gift - that's why they call it the present!

Old 2009-05-17, 10:51am
Gimme that silver glass!

That looks great Gayetha! Thanks to everyone who purchased my tutorial, I appreciate it so much !

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2010-04-05, 10:00pm
Dancing Moon Shadows

Anouk,

Before your tutorial I was never able to get a single color out of Psyche. I got some beautiful blue. I'm totally happy! I also subbed Aurae to try it out. Here's what I got:

Thank you, Anouk, for sharing your knowledge and techniques with us!

[/b][/i][/font]
Old 2010-04-20, 11:44am
Lizard rescue squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll Lover View Post
...snip...

Oh and if anyone can tell me how I can list multiple items in one listing on Artfire, I would be very thankful .
Hi Anouk. It may be a little late for this, but I just ran across your Artfire question. You actually can list multiple quantities of a single item on ArtFire., but you can't do it with their free account. You need to sign up for their $15.95/month "Pro flat rate account". Then you can list as many of a single item as you want without having to create a new listing for each one. Whether or not it is worth it is another question. My own experience selling glass on ArtFire was far less than satisfactory - and why I no longer sell there.

Congrats on the new tutorials. It's pretty obvious that everyone loves them.

Brad