Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2011-01-20, 8:39am

Joan, I LOVE that bead. I saw it in the S&T. It is SOOO sparkly. You rock with the goldstone. It looks like a big jewel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-01-20, 8:56am
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC

Thank you Cynthia!! Thank you for all of your help too!! I have been practicing the "whole bead heat method" this week and it seems to be getting rid of the micro-bubbles - now, if I can just remember to marver before encasing so my little petals don't fly away......... You really write Fabulous Tutorials!!!

The Victorian Style Floral available now!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!
Old 2011-06-18, 7:16am

I revisited this tutorial. I finally got it down smaller. I'm disappointed that trying to round it up squishes the flowers out. My leaves got better, and a phone call in the middle of it didn't help.

Last edited by Pat; 2011-09-28 at 12:07pm.
Old 2011-06-18, 7:37am

Pat, are you using the Osibin lentil marver or one of the shapers for this? If so, if your flowers are moving while shaping there are two things that could be happening. One is that when you are shaping, instead of "traveling" across the marver you might be spinning? Just lift and press, lift and press to shape. Once it's cooler you can spin a bit. Also, make sure there is a "skin" on the surface before adding glass.

Hope this helps you. I love the color of your flowers. I have been having an awful time with Cranberry and Rubino lately.

Old 2011-06-18, 8:30am

wow you got here fast!! OK wait for the skin and don't travel. I still have some old Rubino in the dark rods that I only use for flowers. Thanks for the tips. I must say the pic makes the bead look even worse. Ugh.
Old 2011-06-18, 8:32am

Wait. Do travel. Don't spin when the bead is still hot. Spinning moves the flowers. When you turn your bead on the marver, travel. Start at the back and actually roll the bead and move. Ya know what I mean?

Old 2011-06-18, 3:20pm

UM NO... I just sorta rocked the bead back and forth a bit and then moved to the next spot. I think I need to make more than one in a sitting. ya know really working on each step. I tend to hurry because I'm afraid I won't keep it hot enuf. Or too hot and lose the shape. Makes me nervous. I thought about you the other day. I reached in the shorts bin and there was Hocus Pocus. Yikes!!
Old 2011-06-20, 5:33pm

Cynthia, are you going to list any more of this tut? I checked your etsy, but didn't see it.
THanks

My Ebay
Old 2011-06-21, 10:17am

Hi Kat. I think I must be out. I'll go and put more up.

Thanks

Old 2011-06-21, 10:17am

Rocking back and forth is fine. Just don't spin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
UM NO... I just sorta rocked the bead back and forth a bit and then moved to the next spot. I think I need to make more than one in a sitting. ya know really working on each step. I tend to hurry because I'm afraid I won't keep it hot enuf. Or too hot and lose the shape. Makes me nervous. I thought about you the other day. I reached in the shorts bin and there was Hocus Pocus. Yikes!!

Old 2011-08-13, 8:45pm
aka Pele's Fire

I am sorry but I just don't see where this tutorial is listed on easy. Was gonna buy it too.

Terryl

On the eight day, God created fire.....he created big, big, blazing fire.