Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2011-10-04, 3:15pm
I'm a lilac!

I use Bullseye and love it, but it's not very forgiving with different COEs... I've used it with some furnace frits, but I wouldn't want to do, say, an encased silver and frit bead, and you couldn't get away with using it with Uroboros at all.

There really needs to be a COE 96 reactive ivory.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-10-04, 3:21pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
I agree - we want a reactive 96 coe Ivory!!

Some of the pale cream (latte & duck egg white from memory) Gaffer glasses are slightly reactive - just not the ivory so much.

I've mentioned it to the boys before but it seemed their mindset was really geared towards the furnace workers rather than lampworkers & a reactive ivory didn't seem to be a huge priority.

That said I think that the latest Gaffer releases were inspired by the cry of lampworkers for a z99 replacement - so maybe they are a little more open to suggestion now
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Perhaps we should make a list of what sort of reactive characteristics we'd like to see in an Ivory....whether it just reacts with silver or if it also reacts & curdles when cooked alone etc.

This was silver foil on a latte base - not the reaction we get from 104 coe Ivory, but not completely without merit either.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
That's an absolutely delicious bead! I will have to pick up some Latte and Duck Egg and see what they're like to play with.

In my perfect world, there would be two reactive 96 ivories... one more similar to Effetre regular ivory, and one similar to Effetre dark ivory, with the curdling and the striations.

Old 2011-10-12, 10:27am
I'm kinda biz-EE

Default I heard from Kat at Uroboros

I wrote to Kat at Uroboros regarding a reactive ivory and here is her reply:

"Hi Astrid
We maintain a customer‘wish’ list of desired colors. It is not too likely that we will do a reactive ivory right away, but if a specific color or type of color gets enough requests then we just might make it in future. You are not the first person to ask for a reactive ivory. I’ll include the reference to the Lampwork Etc. board so we realize it is more than one person in your request alone.
Best Regards,
Kat"

IV - O - RY, IV - O - RY, IV - O - RY!

Just thought I'd pass the response along.

I love that bead with the Gaffer!

Old 2011-10-12, 10:41am
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
I wrote to Kat at Uroboros regarding a reactive ivory and here is her reply:

"Hi Astrid
We maintain a customer‘wish’ list of desired colors. It is not too likely that we will do a reactive ivory right away, but if a specific color or type of color gets enough requests then we just might make it in future. You are not the first person to ask for a reactive ivory. I’ll include the reference to the Lampwork Etc. board so we realize it is more than one person in your request alone.
Best Regards,
Kat"

IV - O - RY, IV - O - RY, IV - O - RY!

Just thought I'd pass the response along.

I love that bead with the Gaffer!
I talked to Kat about it years ago... I really hope they do eventually make it! I don't think they really understand just how important silver-reactive ivory is in the lampworking world. It's like not having a black, or white, or clear. Actually I use magnitudes more ivory than I use black or white! Not everyone relies on it so heavily, but a lot of people do.

Old 2011-10-12, 12:14pm
aka Spawn Of Flame

I'm also a "heavy user".

I just sent a request through the Uroboros contact form too. (Is that where you sent and got a response?)

For grins, I sent them a link to my shop to back up my statement that pretty much *all* of my beads use the reactive ivory - just so they know I'm not blowing smoke, lol...

--
--
--

Old 2011-10-12, 2:29pm

I am also a VERY heavy user of dark ivory. I just sent a "begging" request to Uroboros too. Whatever it takes to get these manufacturers to realize how much of a demand there really is.

DaBatt ... LUV your latte bead ... yummy

Cheryl

Last edited by Dreamscapes Studio; 2011-10-12 at 8:17pm.
Old 2011-10-12, 8:18pm

Kat from Uroborus replied to my email. Sounds like she might come and join in on this thread ... yeah!

Cheryl

Old 2011-10-12, 10:15pm
I'm a lilac!

Oh, that would be AWESOME!!!

Old 2011-10-12, 10:17pm
I'm a lilac!

I am going to go to sleep tonight and have wet dreams about encasing ivory-based beads with Uroboros clear now...

Old 2011-10-12, 11:12pm

Heavy user here too.

Karen
Volkano Exotik

ripzz
Old 2011-10-13, 2:29am

Quote:
I am going to go to sleep tonight and have wet dreams about encasing ivory-based beads with Uroboros clear now...

Old 2011-10-13, 3:36am
aka Spawn Of Flame

Well shoot - I didn't have any dreams about Uroboros last night, let alone any really good ones!

I did not get a response yet - maybe we have overwhelmed them and that's why Kat said she'd join in here? lolol...

ETA: Now I'm going to be all paranoid that I mistyped my email address or something. I don't think I did that.
Or what if I forgot to actually hit the send button?

--
--
--

Last edited by rosemarie23; 2011-10-13 at 3:38am.
Old 2011-11-01, 5:23pm
one day at a time

I need to call Uroboros and discuss some other things that I will give you all an update on later, but I will ask about reactive ivory while I have them on the phone.
Old 2011-11-04, 5:20pm

Default Reactive Ivory System 96

Hi everybody!
Kat from Uroboros here. Keep those poll results for me as to how many on this board want Reactive Ivory System 96 Rods. I know you've all been waiting a long time but it appears we have Eric (Lovell, owner of Uroboros)'s ear. If you all can convince me it'll sell. I'll convince Eric we really do need to make it.

=^,^=

e-mail me
Old 2011-11-04, 5:25pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I will personally buy 10 lbs of it the day it comes out

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2011-11-04, 5:29pm
Loving learning

I've only used a bit of 96, but I'd use more if there was a 96 reactive ivory!

Last edited by Eileen; 2011-11-04 at 5:52pm. Reason: got excited & left off the "ivory" LOL
Old 2011-11-04, 5:32pm
I'm a lilac!

Cooool! I posted a poll to make it easier to keep track of actual numbers:

Old 2011-11-04, 8:30pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

Quote:
I will personally buy 10 lbs of it the day it comes out
Me too!

Old 2011-11-05, 2:00am
Evil Glass Enabler

Another heavy user of reactive ivory here.
Angelique

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2011-11-05, 1:39pm

YES! Reactive Ivory that will web and curdle please!

Quote:

Hi everybody!
Kat from Uroboros here. Keep those poll results for me as to how many on this board want Reactive Ivory System 96 Rods. I know you've all been waiting a long time but it appears we have Eric (Lovell, owner of Uroboros)'s ear. If you all can convince me it'll sell. I'll convince Eric we really do need to make it.

=^,^=

e-mail me

Old 2011-11-05, 7:20pm
I'm a lilac!

The poll is bumpin'! 51 "yes please" responses already!

Old 2011-11-08, 2:38pm

That would be so cool!

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2011-11-10, 6:52am
Ave

I love blending my own frit recipes.. I have made it my mission to collect every color of Reichy glass in frit form from Olympic a few colors at a time when I have a few dollars to spend. So needless to say I am using more and more of the 96 coe cane as base glass and encasement glass. A reactive ivory would be pure heaven!! Keeping my fingers crossed..
Ave

Old 2011-12-09, 9:15pm

I would like to have some for my furnace work
Old 2011-12-10, 7:48pm

Anything else heard about this?

Back in my day, we had nine planets.
Old 2011-12-11, 6:42pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Anything else heard about this?
Not yet... I am guessing it won't be until the new year at least before they can get anything going, but the poll has 96 "yes" responses and growing... and that's just from the LE population, so that's a small slice of the market that's out there.

Old 2011-12-21, 6:06pm
No Longer an LE Member

I would buy 5 lbs ! Thank you Kate