No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-04-07, 8:53am
working to pay for glass

last night i opened a box of all second glass from DH and I have to say WOW
it was / is awesome the terranova 2.1 that i just took out of the kiln is sooo pretty !
and the Aether looked flawless
can hardly wait for the terra 2 to be released this week 'thank you DH !!!
Old 2010-04-07, 10:01am
Tweedle Dumb

Good for you Melissa! Where are the pictures?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<Click For My Latest Murrini!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2010-04-07, 11:29am
Tweedle Dumb

I did email them last week, but haven't heard back yet. When I know, I'll let ya all know. They must not know I have money burning a hole in my pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erose View Post
Call Double Helix and ask. Julie and Jed are always so helpful.

And then let us know.

I only have TN 2.1 and I love it but I'm ready to branch out.

Old 2010-04-08, 6:54am
working to pay for glass

Talking some new pics of terranova 2.1

with my new cg beadroller !
Attached Images

Old 2010-04-08, 8:39pm
Tweedle Dumb

Those are great Melissa!

I did get an email today from Julie, and she basically said that there were multiple batches of the Terranova2.1 light and they are all a little different, but they are all considered light, so there are multiple listings.

Old 2010-04-09, 6:51am
working to pay for glass

thanks i just love the colours !
Old 2010-04-16, 10:03pm

I am blown away by all the beautiful beads in this thread!

Old 2010-04-29, 12:57pm

Amy, I think this is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post

Old 2010-07-08, 8:03am
Tweedle Dumb

I just got a bunch of the newest pulls of TN2.1 and they are the BEST I've seen in over a year (maybe ever?)! The dark is sooooo not even kinda dark. It goes fushia in the kiln! The others are AWESOME too. Seriously. Buy some.

Old 2010-07-08, 8:06am
Rose colored glasses…√

So the dark one looks like the first TNT in rod form? Kinda' grey/brown?

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2010-07-08, 8:08am
Tweedle Dumb

Very much like the original TN2. Really dark grey/brown coffee-ish color. THE BEST.

Old 2010-07-08, 8:10am
Rose colored glasses…√

I'm torn. Do I buy the TNT Seconds (I'm assuming it's the original that I like so much), or do I buy the new TNT Dark Firsts?

Decisions, decisions.

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2010-07-08, 8:12am
Tweedle Dumb

Dark. Dark. Dark. I really didn't even wanna buy it because it was "dark". I hate dark colors. But it is anything but dark... I got batch 3*9*10. Very good batch. So are the others. Light is good too. Ok so is the current regular.

Old 2010-07-08, 8:14am
Rose colored glasses…√

I have $55 in my PayPal account. I'm not spending more than that. I'm trying VERY HARD to be good, Jamie Lynne. Don't spook my groove with your rave reviews.

Old 2010-07-08, 8:15am
Tweedle Dumb

Ask for an assorted 1/2 pound?

Old 2010-07-08, 8:16am
Tweedle Dumb

Ok, and their seconds of the 2.1 are good too... just not *AS* good.

Old 2010-07-08, 8:18am
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie lynne View Post
Ask for an assorted 1/2 pound?
I don't see that option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie lynne View Post
Ok, and their seconds of the 2.1 are good too... just not *AS* good.
Knock. It. Off.

Don't make me go up there.

Old 2010-07-08, 8:21am
Tweedle Dumb

Just email them and ask Julie for an assortment of the newest pulls, they offered to do it for me... I just didn't take them up on it.

Old 2010-07-08, 8:32am
Rose colored glasses…√

I emailed a query. I don't have as much luck with the lighter color rods for some reason. Maybe it's the size of the beads I make. ~shrug~ I dunno.

Note to self: Must find shrugging smiley.

Old 2010-07-08, 8:45am
Tweedle Dumb

These also don't need the intense second super heat that the other batches seemed to need. This stuff I super heat to clear, encase, heat up good and hot midflame (but I can't see the mandrel during this heating cycle), cool, strike way out in the flame for a very long time. About a minute to strike it. These batches have a really good color range, I can't get my blue but I'm ok with that.

Old 2010-07-08, 8:59am
Rose colored glasses…√

Blue is so passé...almost every other silver glass will give you blue.

Old 2010-07-08, 9:41am
Storm Queen

I have all three flavors of 2.1 and me no likie. The colors are muted and I get these chunks of white splotches mixed into the colors that often look like I got some bead release under my encasing. I just bought a bunch of the 2.0. I may email DH about these white globs in the 2.1.

Old 2010-07-08, 10:52am
Tweedle Dumb

Really Amy? That's weird. Mine are very vibrant... no splotches. I did notice one stray speck of what I believe is silver on a bead I just made, but not bad or unattractive specks.

Last edited by jamie lynne; 2010-07-08 at 11:56am. Reason: I before E except after C and when sounding like A as in neighbor and weigh... get it together Jamie
Old 2010-07-08, 11:09am
Tweedle Dumb

Bead poo still intact, sorry. And the 2 spots on top are my overhead kitchen lights, not on the glass. These are both made with the dark. Annealed at about 960.

Old 2010-07-08, 11:15am
Storm Queen

I've thrown most of my 2.1 beads out. I'm going to make some from all three flavors so I can show you all what I'm getting.

Last edited by AKDesigns; 2010-07-08 at 11:22am.
Old 2010-07-08, 11:23am
Storm Queen

I just checked and my 2.1 dark is labeled 3-9-10. I'll make a couple beads with it today. If I remember correctly, I did like the dark the best but I was still getting white blobs on most beads.

Old 2010-07-10, 5:30pm

I agree, I've noticed that the terranova2.1 dark from 3/9/10 is also giving me those light colored specs. I haven't found it with the other "shades" or seconds I don't believe. I love all the terranova glass, I just find each batch is a little different and that some styles of beads work better or worse depending on the batch. This is terranova2.1 dark 3/9/10 striped on and not encased.
(Sorry for the crappy picture, I clearly need to clean my camera lens /sigh)

Tina

Old 2010-07-10, 6:32pm
Tacki

Oooh oooh but I like those white specks! I got a LOT of those with the old DH (like Rhubarb and Dark Star old, which this bead has both of those glasses)

Damn you Jamie Lynn and Tina, I had to go and order some.
Old 2010-07-10, 8:14pm
Storm Queen

Tina, if my white spots looked like part of the design like yours do I'd be happy. That bead is really pretty. Mine just look like blobs. The one on the left is regular TN2.1, a teal bead with one big blob of white/yellow crude. I didn't bother cleaning it because it's going in the trash. The bead on the right is Dark TN2.1 and at least the blobs are little and they kinda blend into the design. I still don't like them. I never get white blobs from TN2.0.

Old 2010-07-10, 8:26pm

[quote=AKDesigns;3115230]Tina, if my white spots looked like part of the design like yours do I'd be happy. That bead is really pretty. Mine just look like blobs. The one on the left is regular TN2.1, a teal bead with one big blob of white/yellow crude. I didn't bother cleaning it because it's going in the trash. The bead on the right is Dark TN2.1 and at least the blobs are little and they kinda blend into the design. I still don't like them. I never get white blobs from TN2.0.

Ahh I see what you mean there; that's really unfortunate I'm envious of all the blues you manage to keep. Are they both encased? The yellow kinda reminds me of silver fuming some of the clear glasses. I don't often encase TN2.1 since it always seems to end up extremely dark violet in my torch conditions unless I keep the core completely cool for final shaping which is pretty rare for me. So I'm not sure what my spots would look like under clear.

Tina

oops didn't want to repost the same picture from above