Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2009-01-07, 5:04pm

Default Bulbs

Hi everyone.

I broke one of my nice mushroom swirl florscent blubs but screwing it into the holder the first time I used it (Duh, don't over screw).

This is the type I want, but I would like it at a cheeper price, does anyone have a different sorce? I found a few, but I wanted to get a recommendation of a reputable supplier.

http://store.tabletopstudio-store.com/55watrtopbu.html

Also I'm looking for the photographic backgrounds like you see on this site, The price is similar to what I have paid before, but would love to pay less.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2009-01-07, 7:15pm

Here is a little cheaper: http://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lampfeus5055.html

Mike
Old 2009-01-07, 7:18pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

My home depot has regular compact fluorescent bulbs that are 5000K - they have 75 or 100 watt equivalent and are $7 each. Can you use those?

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-01-07, 8:20pm

Thanks Mike, I found that site, but wasn't sure of reputation.

I have one from the local store and it is very off color. Perhaps I have the wrong K.

Old 2009-01-08, 9:09pm

I've never bought from them, but have checked them out a couple of times for photo floods and light tubes for my light box.

A lot of the ones in local stores are wattage equivelents... 14 watt floresent equals 60 watts of tungston light. These are not the same and are usually 3200k or soft white. Unless you got one of the plant grow or true light types, which can be anything from 5200 to 6500k or something like that. You are probably going to have to color correct anything you get though just to make sure your color is true.

Mike
Old 2009-01-08, 11:42pm
Master Procrastinator

I got these from Amazon for $9 per bulb:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...I/ref=dp_olp_2

Old 2009-01-09, 7:27pm

Oh, Amazon, I never thought to check with them. I want to order some DVDs, so I could order all the time.

With the one I liked to, the color was so true, I love them.

Thanks ya'll

Last edited by Lara; 2009-01-09 at 7:48pm.
Old 2009-01-10, 12:26am
FireSculptedCouture.com

I have nothing but great things to say about Table Top Studio and the service.

site is not yet available

Old 2009-01-11, 1:43am

Me too Rachelle, I have bought from them before, but was just looking for a cheeper alternative.