AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Old 2011-12-23, 8:27am
Peerless Thread Killer

I just ordered mine, Sherry! I got so much out of your Shipwreck Bead Tutorial, that I knew this one would be just as great!

Old 2011-12-23, 9:13am
Born Facing Left

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneauBrat View Post
Sherry...I just wanted to say it's another "fantabulous" tut. I know I said I was going to get to torch on Friday but it looks now like it won't be until Tuesday or Wednesday...I am sooooo sad...;(
I do have to say that I love your witticism in your writings. It's almost like having a real person who speaks the same language as myself, right there, guiding me along. If you ever come down this way and are going to be at Frantz Glass, let me know. I'm 10 minutes away and have lots of spare rooms for visitors... Can you imagine....living 10 minutes from Frantz??? Heaven!!!
Thank you and once again, Merry Christmas!!!

Sue
Thanks so much for the kind words, Sue! I'll have to take a drive down to Frantz one of these days...it's been too long, and it would great to meet you!
Merry Christmas!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-12-23, 9:13am
Born Facing Left

Quote:
Originally Posted by neagle View Post
I just ordered mine, Sherry! I got so much out of your Shipwreck Bead Tutorial, that I knew this one would be just as great!
It's on it's way, Nina! Have fun!

Old 2011-12-23, 9:46am
Always Improving

What a great tutorial.

Just wanted to say thanks for the great work.

I am on the way to the torch NOW to see if I can create anything even close to your work.

Mike...
Old 2011-12-23, 10:35am

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky gems View Post
Sherry..... I have read every word of your tutorial from beginning to end. I have to say that your voice and sense of humor ring clear.... I found myself laughing aloud multiple times. Beautifully written, educational, entertaining, and clear as all out. Thank you... this was well worth the wait. Now, I just need to wait until after the holidays to make some implosions! Thank you!!!!
Smiles,
Wendy
I totally agree!!!!

Old 2011-12-23, 5:13pm
Burning Fingers!

OMG I didn't know it was ready! I'm so glad I checked in here - just "ran" over to Etsy and purchased mine. So excited!
You need to put an "It's Ready!!" in the gallery section (that's the only place I ever go).

/
/
/

Old 2011-12-23, 5:15pm
Burning Fingers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemsinbloom View Post
I just purchased mine thank you!

One weird thing though, it charged me tax.
Me too Jacqueline - I guess because we are in Canada, and Sherry maybe has to charge tax to us Canucks?

/
/
/

Old 2011-12-23, 6:55pm
Born Facing Left

The tax is just in BC....the hideous HST. I hate it too.

Old 2011-12-23, 8:10pm
Burning Fingers!

I just spent the greatest hour reading through your tutorial Sherry - thank you! I am going to have fun with this after Christmas!!!
Hopefully your new way of doing implosions will help this implosion challenged individual - lol.

/
/
/

Old 2011-12-24, 11:32am
Storm Queen

I got mine! Very detailed explanations and fantastic pictures. I just wish I had time to play. Great tutorial Sherry!

Old 2011-12-28, 11:58pm

Christmas time this year has been just crazy so I am just getting around to ordering this! Guess its a little late to get it tonight but looking forward to it tomorrow! Can't wait!!! Been looking forward to this since I saw that you were writting it!

LynieG
Old 2011-12-29, 10:32am
Born Facing Left

It's on it's way, Lynie!

Old 2011-12-29, 2:23pm

It's a wonderful detailed tutorial Sherry. Xmas season has been busy but I'm hoping to get a chance to try it soon. Thank-you for all of your work.

Lynne
Old 2011-12-29, 7:12pm
Born Facing Left

You're welcome Lynne, and thank you for the kind words!

Old 2011-12-30, 3:06pm
I think I could be a bead

Just ordered mine, and I am so excited!

Old 2011-12-30, 6:11pm
Born Facing Left

I can't wait to see what you do with it, Mallory!

Old 2011-12-30, 6:52pm
Rose colored glasses…√

I will order it. I've told myself that I must first play with your other tutorials before I can reward myself with this one. I'm not sure I'll listen...

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2011-12-31, 9:45pm

Sherry - Thank you so much for this tut! It's taken me a couple of days to get to it for download cause the crazyness around here hasn't stopped. Amoungst everything else that has happened - Just to top the year off DH got flue then I got it and just as I got over it DH and son had accident and totalled out our truck this morning. (give you an idea about crazy around here?) I am sooo glad this month is over! LOL Both DH and son are fine thank goodness! But to make my New Year Great I finally downloaded your tut and can I just tell you that you and your tut are absolutely AWESOME! I can hardly wait to try this out! Can you guess what I am doing on New Years Day? Yup I am going to PLAY! Wishing you and yours a Very Happy New Year and thank you again for an awesome tutorial!

LynieG
Old 2012-01-01, 2:39pm
Born Facing Left

Happy New Year to you too Lynie! Have fun playing...can't wait to see what you make!

Old 2012-01-01, 2:55pm

Fantastic tutorial!!! Might even lure me back from the dark side

Old 2012-01-01, 3:18pm
Gimme that silver glass!

Sherry, you really outdid yourself, congrats !

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2012-01-01, 5:17pm

Sherry, I love your tutorial. Tonight I am going to make my first attempt at an implosion bead......I actually have butterflies I will probably end up with exploding glass all over my table, but I am looking forward to the learning process. Thank you so much for sharing your technique with us!

Old 2012-01-01, 8:39pm
Life is change. Love it

Sherry, the tut looks great, but I have a question. Is the technique much different from the one you describe in the shipwreck beads tutorial?

Old 2012-01-01, 8:45pm

I am so excited, I just ordered my first tutorial, evahhhhhh, and it feels great, cant wait to get it Sherry, looking forward to pushing myself a bit
thanks so much
Juniemoon

Old 2012-01-01, 11:17pm
Born Facing Left

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn M View Post
Sherry, the tut looks great, but I have a question. Is the technique much different from the one you describe in the shipwreck beads tutorial?
Hi Carolyn, I've made some real changes/improvements to the method for sure, and the tutorial goes very far beyond that basic 'mini tut'. Over the years I've really expanded the technique, and added lots of new processes, including doing compound implosions.

Old 2012-01-03, 12:05pm
If the Wooden Shoes Fit??

Thank you very much for this tut.. I now think I understand implosions, I just could not wrap my mind around how it worked.. Now I think I could try do it with some confidence.. And that is all thanks to you and this tut.. I'm so happy I got it.. Now I want your other tuts too.. lol..

Big Hugs, We all need them...
Old 2012-01-03, 1:54pm
Life is change. Love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
Hi Carolyn, I've made some real changes/improvements to the method for sure, and the tutorial goes very far beyond that basic 'mini tut'. Over the years I've really expanded the technique, and added lots of new processes, including doing compound implosions.
Awesome, off to buy it!

Old 2012-01-05, 9:36am
Born Facing Left

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim V View Post
Fantastic tutorial!!! Might even lure me back from the dark side
Can't wait to see what you do with it, Kim!

Old 2012-01-05, 9:36am
Born Facing Left

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll Lover View Post
Sherry, you really outdid yourself, congrats !
Thanks Anouk!

Old 2012-01-05, 9:38am
Born Facing Left

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybeadmaker View Post
Sherry, I love your tutorial. Tonight I am going to make my first attempt at an implosion bead......I actually have butterflies I will probably end up with exploding glass all over my table, but I am looking forward to the learning process. Thank you so much for sharing your technique with us!
How did it go, Harriet? Tell me there was no exploding glass, please!