Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Cork Board > Site Announcements

Site Announcements -- Public announcements and other messages from the Lampwork Etc. administrator.

Old 2012-05-07, 4:16pm
Administrator

Default Rules and Infraction System

No donation, fundraising, or solicitation requests for money or votes even if it is not for you (except if approved first). If I deem it soliciting, it will be deleted. Please note that the AGLF and Beads of Courage are exempt from this.

No self promotion other than in self promotion area (this includes the look at my etsy shop and tell me what you think threads). Just because you are not asking people to buy things, asking them to look at your shop, proofread your shop, give you advice, and so forth are still self promotion and will be deleted.

No posting private messages. Deal with issues with individuals in private. This means emails or Private Messages. Solve your problems with people in private instead of creating drama. This also includes bringing drama over from Facebook or other sites.

Images in signatures may not be over 80 pixels tall. Repeat offenders will receive points for offenses.

Use common sense. Remember that there are people on the other side of the screen. Treat them with respect.

No politics except in the Woodshed. Even if you do not deem it political when you post it, if you know it is going to go in that direction, then do not pot it. Adding the phrase “please keep politics out of this” does not help, all that shows is that you knew in the first place that it was going to be an issue.

If a thread is deleted, do not start another thread about the deleted thread. This is rude to others people on the site as well as to the moderators.

No bumping posts in Garage Sale or Self Promotions.

Treat people with respect. No attacking people or trying to instigate them into a fight. I understand that this is subjective and I have a few moderators in place to help me with my decisions. You may not always agree with the decisions, but please respect them and realize that we have to make choices every day and try to interpret written words. We may not be perfect, but we try our best.

Respect the moderators and our decisions. If you have an issue with something we have decided, then take it up with us privately. We deal with most behavior issues in private, so you may not see consequences for actions, but often there are consequences that you are not seeing.

Infraction System:

You will receive points for different infractions. The infraction points fall off of your profile after a set length of time. You may not accumulate more than 10 points at a time before there are consequences.

10 points = 1 month ban
10 more points after you have had a 1 month ban = 6 month ban
10 more points after the 6 month ban = permanent ban

Infractions and points:
Self promotion in wrong area - 1 point (stays on profile for 10 days)
Rude or insulting behavior - 2 points (stays on profile for 90 days)
Insulting/attacking other members - 2 points (stays on profile for 90 days)
Politics - 2 points (stays on profile for 90 days)
Signature line violations - 1 point (stays on profile for 10 days)
Bumping posts in Garage Sale or Self Promotions - 1 point (stays on profile for 10 days)
Garage Sale issue (not sending items, etc) - 5 points (stays on profile for 90 days)

You can view your points in your profile. You will also receive a PM regarding any infractions.

Full Site Moderators:

Demcc2
AKDesigns
Bgillian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-05-07, 4:31pm
Unmedicated since '62

Sounds fair

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2012-05-07, 4:50pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

So where does it show up if you get one?

Old 2012-05-07, 4:52pm
Smile, it's contagious!

Amy is a full site mod? Can she give herself infraction points? Everything is her fault, afterall.

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2012-05-07, 5:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelly View Post
Amy is a full site mod? Can she give herself infraction points? Everything is her fault, afterall.
No worries, Gelly. I think the snakes will keep her in line!

Old 2012-05-07, 5:07pm
Back to 👊 1

Quote:

Don't make me cranky, I WILL "chuck a tanty!" a la PerfectDeb

Old 2012-05-07, 5:33pm
Lampworkaholic!

Thanks CorriDawn for making LE such a great place for us to share our glass passions.

A quick clarification, if someone shows a bead in the Gallery and says the bead is listed on Etsy or Ebay, is that prohibited as self promotion?

Thanks!

Liz

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-05-07, 5:34pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Can people who are over zealous or try to over use infraction system be given a infraction when they abuse the system?

Never quite felt this type of system was necessary!

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2012-05-07, 5:48pm
Cancer SUCKS!

Hope it all works out for the better. Not sure the mods will be able to remain unbiased. JMHO

Old 2012-05-07, 5:56pm
Administrator

Infractions show up in your profile. There is a section that is entitled infractions.

If you feel that you have been given one unfairly, please let me know and I will look and see if I feel it was justified as well. Thhey do fall off of your profile after the allotted time, so even if you do receive one, it is not all bad. This is supposed to stop repeat offenders.

Old 2012-05-07, 5:57pm
Administrator

As far as saying in Show and Tell that they are on etsy or ebay, you can have that in your signature line. You may put it is for sale on etsy or ebay, however if you are starting a new thread in the gallery to show beads you have up, then that is self promotion.

Does that make sense?

Old 2012-05-07, 6:26pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Hopeful Journeys View Post
Hope it all works out for the better. Not sure the mods will be able to remain unbiased. JMHO
Agree. Who will moderate the Mods?
Old 2012-05-07, 6:48pm
Lampworkaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorriDawn View Post
As far as saying in Show and Tell that they are on etsy or ebay, you can have that in your signature line. You may put it is for sale on etsy or ebay, however if you are starting a new thread in the gallery to show beads you have up, then that is self promotion.

Does that make sense?
Perfect sense. Thank you!

Liz

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-05-07, 7:24pm
HotFlash Designs

I wish this wasn't necessary. I hope it makes life easier for you Corri. Thanks!

Be Curious. Not judgmental.
Old 2012-05-07, 11:38pm
CiM Tamarind-Skinned

Ooooh. Glass Passions. That sounds like a soap opera series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Beads View Post
Thanks CorriDawn for making LE such a great place for us to share our glass passions.

A quick clarification, if someone shows a bead in the Gallery and says the bead is listed on Etsy or Ebay, is that prohibited as self promotion?

Thanks!

Liz
Old 2012-05-08, 10:58am
Bead maker and bead buyer

Can you clarify how Self Promotion works in the Tutorials area, please?
Old 2012-05-08, 11:24am
Live and Let Live

Quote:
No donation, fundraising, or solicitation requests for money or votes even if it is not for you (except if approved first). If I deem it soliciting, it will be deleted. Please note that the AGLF and Beads of Courage are exempt from this.
Please clarify this scenario too...

I have seen numerous times, esp in The Potty, where someone shares a story about a seriously ill pet or other personal tragedy, just wanting to vent and get emotional support. Next thing you know, folks are buying up items from their Etsy shop or sending them funds directly to PayPal to help with the financial burden.

It was not something directly solicited by the OP. Rather just an organic outpouring of care and support by some of the amazing peeps on this forum.

Is that type of thing going to be pulled and deemed an Infraction going forward? (Hoping not!)

Old 2012-05-09, 1:05am
Cave Dweller

Quote:
Rude or insulting behavior - 2 points (stays on profile for 90 days)
Insulting/attacking other members - 2 points (stays on profile for 90 days)
LOL...

Good lord, how is this going to be interpreted ???
One person's tiny joke is another person's "snarkiness"...

Oh well, it's been fun.
Old 2012-05-09, 6:41am

Default Sounds very fair, but I have a question

If I am having an issue or problem with a bead can I still ask for advise?

Thanks
Sue and Bootsie
Old 2012-05-09, 7:16am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangell View Post
If I am having an issue or problem with a bead can I still ask for advise?

Thanks
Sue and Bootsie
Hi Sue (and Bootsie)! Yes. That shouldn't be a problem. If you have a general question on a bead, start a post in the tips and techniques area and explain (or reference the bead) your situation. If its more towards HOW someone gets a certain look to a bead, I would pm that member directly.

Hope that helps

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2012-05-09, 9:27am
Administrator

There should not be self promotion in the tutorials area. If you have a tutorial for sale, you may post it int here, but it is not the place to push the tutorial or to have sales etc. The tutorials section is a reference section.

As far as written words being misinterpreted, I understand that as do my moderators. We are just going to do our best. I realize it is subjective, which is why there is more than just one moderator.

Things really are not changing, these have been the rules all along, they were just never written down. The only thing this is doing, is causing there to be consequences for chronic rule breakers.

Old 2012-05-09, 12:28pm
Nikki Haverstock

Any chance you can include something about people that sign up for exchanges , receive beads but don't send anything out ever?

Old 2012-05-09, 6:03pm
Triumphantly Knit!

Thank you Corri, I am looking forward to a better experience on le for all of us.

and thank you to the moderators, I know it's a bitch job to do.

namaste
Rowyn

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky"

"Be kind whenever possible.It is always possible
Old 2012-05-09, 10:12pm
Don't dis The Cheese

LOL- I can see it now-an increase in those self promotion threads disguised as "oh, this awful esty buyer!"

It takes a lot more "faith" to believe that man did all of this all by himself than it does to believe that he had help.

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not. ~Andre Gide
Old 2012-05-10, 10:24am

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorriDawn View Post

No self promotion other than in self promotion area (this includes the look at my etsy shop and tell me what you think threads). Just because you are not asking people to buy things, asking them to look at your shop, proofread your shop, give you advice, and so forth are still self promotion and will be deleted.
SSDD. There is a thread that asks people to go to their Etsy site to evaluate photos. It is in Constructive Criticism. Still there, not deleted. Nothing has changed.
Old 2012-05-11, 7:02am
Lampworkaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polgarra View Post
Any chance you can include something about people that sign up for exchanges , receive beads but don't send anything out ever?
That would be awesome - because I could nominate all 3 of the people who were supposed to send me a goddess bead and never did.

Old 2012-05-11, 7:35am

If the exchange "violators" are HABITUAL offenders, yes, that can definitely be considered. Sometimes life gets in the way of these things and unfortunately glassy things get put on the back-burner.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Duane

Old 2012-05-11, 9:39am

Please define habitual - once, twice, three times???? Please be specific. Why? Because if you aren't specific about all of these rules and if you don't adhere to your own rules and enforce them for EVERYONE, EVERY TIME, there will be the perception of favoritism and the feeling that it is easy to get around the rules.
Old 2012-05-11, 11:41am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet? View Post
Please define habitual - once, twice, three times???? Please be specific. Why? Because if you aren't specific about all of these rules and if you don't adhere to your own rules and enforce them for EVERYONE, EVERY TIME, there will be the perception of favoritism and the feeling that it is easy to get around the rules.
In the context regarding the exchanges "HABITUAL" could be 1,2,or 3 times (I'm saying 3+ but I may be being lenient) Its really quite subjective. As I had posted sometimes life-work, family, emergencies get in the way of lampworking and it gets placed on the back burners. Sending a pm to the member in question with a friendly reminder shouldn't upset that member.

Thanks for asking

Duane

Old 2012-05-11, 8:19pm
Glass-aholic

Thanks guys keep up the good work!

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.: