Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2011-07-14, 5:15pm
And silence is golden

I have Czech glass, and no, I'm not giving up my Tourmaline pink! I find this to be one of the more challenging glasses. I've never used it with other glasses, nor mixed it within the Czech line. The transparents are incredible colors that I prefer not to use them with anything else. Would I order more of this glass if we could find a distributor? Yes. However, it would not be my major glass to work with, unless the prices were to come down.
Old 2011-07-14, 5:22pm
"Sinners have soul too"

The prices wouldn't come down... there are shipping, import fees and minimum order requirements. I don't think $22 pound is that bad though... There are glass colors out there that are $100 a pound. Opal Yellow is at $60 a pound now I think.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-07-14, 5:29pm
sunscreen me baby

$22 a pound is pretty good if you ask me. The colors are gorgeous, the glass is practically bubble free and and a pleasure to melt.

Julie! Yet another reason you make me jealous
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~

Old 2011-07-14, 5:30pm
I fart diamonds

They have a yum nummy chocolate brown, too!

Old 2011-07-14, 5:31pm
sunscreen me baby

Oh that reminds me. Love the striking garnet too!

~

Old 2011-07-14, 6:06pm
And silence is golden

Quote:
The prices wouldn't come down... there are shipping, import fees and minimum order requirements. I don't think $22 pound is that bad though...
No, not at all Donna. Count me in should you decide to carry it.
Old 2011-07-14, 6:36pm
T.J. made me do it

Quote:
Oh that reminds me. Love the striking garnet too!
Got buckets of that!

Old 2011-07-14, 7:02pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Kiwi/avocado green =
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2011-07-14, 7:24pm
Nikki Haverstock

I heard about a nice mint?
Old 2011-07-16, 4:05am
sunscreen me baby

Do you have the jonquil too?

~

Old 2011-07-16, 5:01am

There is a good supplier in Germany:

Fritblends in COE 104:
Old 2011-07-16, 8:42am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

I love Ornela glass! We carry all the colors. I have been working like crazy to get a sample beads of all the colors.

I know many people say that Ornela has incompatibility issues within their own range. But I know of several people who work a lot with Ornela and do not have any issues mixing the Ornela colors. They even use it combined with some silverglass decorations without any issues.

Currently on a Knight Bullet and 2 oxycons and tanked oxy

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2011-07-30, 9:44am

I looked into importing this a year ago through contacts in Europe and what I came up with is that the factory was having some financial problems. I decided not to pursue it because I didn't want to send them money and not get the glass. There is really no protection when you send money overseas if you don't get the glass. I also tried to import Reichenbech. First they said ok and they would be very happy to take on another dealer but when they found out I was in the U.S. They said no.
Of course now that I am trying to move South and know how much it costs to move glass I am happy I don't have any more than I already do!!!!!

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2011-08-02, 6:44am

Is that pink tourmaline the one that looks like the old "amber rose" that's all but gone now? kind of brownish pink? Beautiful!! I love the denim too! I got mine years ago from the "distributor-who-will-not-be-named".
I love the ornela colors......sigh....
elyart
Old 2011-08-02, 8:54am
sunscreen me baby

No it's a bright rubyish fuchsia pink transparent without brown tones.

~

Old 2011-08-02, 2:01pm
Forever P~P~P :0)

I purchased some in the Garage a little while back. I'll check and see what colors I have. I haven't tried it yet, but than again... I haven't tried my Satake either. If the colors are purdy and unique, I would be willing to purchase some for spacers!

Sandy
No hurry ~ no worries ~ unless its hot & drippy..!

Hot Head & big BBQ tank of propane!

awesome banner by Knatty Dreadz!! WE MISS YOU!
Old 2011-08-05, 5:15pm

I know Jan of Check glass personally and he still sales this glass. I just bought some of the czech glass from him a week or so ago. I am happy to go down to his shop and see if he has the pink you are looking for, but it will have to be next week when I get back to New Orleans from Texas.
Old 2011-08-07, 7:13am
lurking on LE since 2005

Default tourmaline pink

I got some not that long ago from HotBeadBox in Australia ($$$$ to ship!!) but now wish I had gotten more because they don't seem to have any in stock now.
The glass they sent was a deep hot pink in the rod form-made it easier to work with that the usual "I look just like Alexandrite except on the ends" rods I had been using.

I will keep searching, because, seriously, this is some amazing glass:

J-55

Check out my Encasing and HOLLOW tri-color Tutorials in my Etsy shop-and my NEW encased, layered, feathered bead!

Last edited by Charmaine; 2011-08-09 at 5:38am.