Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2014-11-16, 5:38pm

Default Boro Beads Online Workshop with Nancy Tobey This TUESDAY & THURSDAY

The Amazing World of Boro Beadmaking with Nancy Tobey!

An Interactive Online Class! 2 Hours! Only $89

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 & Thursday, November 20, 2014.

Register Here:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An Interactive Multimedia Teaching Experience! Chat in Your Questions! Get Your Answers!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We Record the Live Event & Students Get to Watch It As Often As They Like FREE for 30 Days. So you can experience the joy and all the close up and personal information over and over again.

Times:
TUESDAY, November 18th
at 8:30 - 10:30 p.m. Eastern Time, 7:30 - 9:30 p.m. Central, 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. Mountain, and 5:30 p.m.- 7:30 p.m. Pacific.
THURSDAY, November 20th at 3:00- at 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time, 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. Central, 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. Mountain, and 12:00 (Noon) p.m.- 2:00 p.m. Pacific.

Our Webinars Set the Standard for Online Education! The Fusing Community Has Embraced Them Fully, and Now We Are Expanding to Offer More FLAMEWORKING ONLINE WORKSHOPS! Please TELL YOUR FRIENDS! Post, Tweet, Text & Share!

Official Event Description:
A lifelong love of glass brought Nancy Tobey to beadmaking! Join her as she guides you in achieving brilliant colors in your beadmaking through various layering techniques and color combinations. She will work with you to explore many techniques for creating & developing boro colors, including a range of fuschia, purples and pinks. Create depth in your work and magnify the beauty of your colors beneath the surface.

By the end of the Webinar, you will have a solid understanding of how borosilicate colors are used to obtain maximum brillance in your beads. Learn a number of techniques for experimenting on your own and come away with confidence in creating your own unique, colored glass beads with lots of layers, depth and luminosity. Please Join Us! We Look Forward To Seeing You Online!

Old 2014-11-17, 1:19pm

Well I am sure excited to have this opportunity - I'd love to have some LE friends join me for the webinar this week!
Old 2014-11-17, 4:28pm
Live and Let Live

I would love to but no spare cash for a class at the moment. Hope you offer it again. I have some boro but too intimidated to play with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-11-18, 7:05am

Wink

Don't be intimidated GlassGalore! There are so many wonderful things about borosilicate glass - and it is way easier to manage than most folks let on - plus, I am doing all my demonstations on a minor burner! Sorry you wont be able to join us tonight -- but someday, okay?

Old 2014-11-18, 8:11am

You know, I think a lot of soft glass workers have a similar fear of boro. Thing is, in many ways it's actually either to work, insofar as it suffers less from thermal shock, stays where you put it, and is a glorious color adventure. "No Fear!"
Old 2014-11-18, 7:05pm

So, would these techniques be useful for boro color in general? I may not be making beads,but i don't know much abouts boro color in general.There was a lot of mention of the depth you can create, what about for sculputural work? Functional work?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- A work in progress

Old 2014-11-19, 7:35am

The techniques I am using in this webinar are specific to beads. However, there may be some crossover into sculptural work. Specifically, when I talk about how the oxidation and reduction process can alter a color such as Northstar's Dark Multi - that may be applicable to off mandrel techniques. Hope this answers your question!
Old 2014-11-19, 7:33pm

Yes, thanks Nancy.

- A work in progress

Old 2014-11-20, 5:11am

You are most welcome! I hope you can join us later this afternoon!
Old 2014-11-20, 11:19am

Can't wait! Still time to register, by the way, but not much:

Old 2014-11-21, 8:29am

That was so much FUN!!!!! And terrific and educational too, by the way. Good News is, if you missed it, you have another chance on THURSDAY, MAY 7th, 2015….

Also, the recorded version will be available for sale next month, so I'll post let you know when it's ready!