Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-07-22, 4:59am
Goddess

Default LavenderCreek Goddess Bead Tutorial

This is not just your typical "Step by Step" project but rather an in-depth Introduction into the Art of Sculpting with Soft Glass (on a mandrel). It begins with a look at the basics of sculpting; the key elements, how they work and why they are important. Then a brief look at my own personal "sculpting philosophy".

Then, using my Willendorf style goddess as our project bead, I take you step by step through each phase of her construction, using large, full color photographs along with detailed discussion on how to do each technique.

For more information, or to purchase this tutorial please visit my Etsy Shop

Please post your goddesses here or ask any questions or comments you might have!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by LavenderCreek; 2008-07-23 at 2:34am.
Old 2008-07-26, 3:46am

You aren't just kidding about it not being a typical step by step tut. I keep reading and experimenting with it to make my style of Goddess better. Thank you for sharing so much hard earned knowledge!
Jen
Old 2008-07-26, 11:13am
Goddess

Thanks for the feedback Jen, I'm glad you are enjoying it!

Old 2008-07-26, 11:49am
Covered in glitter

It's a wonderful tut! I'm just afraid to actually try it on a HH.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2008-07-27, 4:41am
Goddess

Thank Deb! Don't be afraid to try this on your HH. Just make sure to give yourself 2-3 hours of torch time so you won't feel rushed (it probably won't take that long but it's better to give yourself the extra time anyway). Take your time and keep your goddess on the small side(28 - 30mm in length) Don't try to go too small because they are harder to do, it is harder to keep definition when they get too small.

Working on the HH might even work to your benefit because everything is slowed down and you aren't as likely to lose shape due to too much heat.

Old 2008-07-27, 4:48am
caffiene, beads, bedhead,

I hope its ok to pipe in here, But I found when working on a hothead, you could make bigger beads and you didnt run into thermal shock so much..the dreaded words, flame annealed comes to mind, notttttttt to replace kiln annealing! But Deb I think you could do it wonderfully on a hothead!

~~
~~
Old 2008-07-27, 4:55am
Goddess

Please do pipe in, the more the merrier
That's good to know Laurie! I never actually did any sculpting while I was still working on my HH but I know that there are several people who do sculptural work (including goddesses) on a HH and their work is great!

Old 2008-07-28, 2:59pm
I know, I can't spell

I love this tutorial and it is so full of information that because of it I have conceptual ideas about other sculptural forms.

Soon new stuff
Old 2008-07-28, 3:15pm
Born Facing Left

It's a wonderful tutorial, Teresa! Once my Mom's visit is over, I'm going to take a whole day just to play with it...I can't wait!

Old 2008-07-29, 1:42am
Goddess

Thanks you guys
Sherry I hope to get some time to play with your tutorial too. It's just too darned hot for my blood right now.

Old 2008-07-29, 3:53am
Gimme that silver glass!

It's still a fantastic tutorial Teresa! Are you going to make more of them, like your frogs for instance?

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-08-06, 3:44pm
Formerly Sassygirl

Teresa I just got my tutorial and WOW!!! I have never seen such an in depth easy to understand and beautiful tutorial ever. I am just so excited to get on my torch and make my own goddesses. You are truly a wonderful person for making this available and my many heart felt thanks to you.

Old 2008-08-06, 6:02pm

I just made my first goddess, she came out wonderful, I must make another one!
Oh man....I think this is going to be addicting...
What a great tutorial!

Old 2008-08-07, 5:36am
Goddess

Thanks you guys, you all really brightened my day! Please post pictures if you want to share, I'd love to see!
Myself, I've been taking a much needed torch break, haven't touched my torch in weeks (months?) but I think I'll be ready soon to get back in the studio, all these new tutorials and seeing everyone's work just really inspires me.

Old 2008-10-20, 6:09pm
One of the Booger 7

As a present to myself i just ordered -- gave two week notice at work last week and was told today after 4:00 pm not to come back -- p!ss on them i say -- make a bead! and now i have time to really sit and learn something new!

leslie

Old 2008-10-21, 11:40pm
Mad about Glass

This is a wonderful tutorial. Thanks Teresa.

Jenn

[url]

Old 2009-01-02, 8:03pm

Teresa - you are so talented. I think that is genuinely one of the best goddesses I've seen.

Old 2009-01-02, 8:19pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I love the kneeling goddesses - just amazing!

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-01-02, 8:23pm
Oh No You Didn't!

Nobody make goddesses like the goddess herself, Teresa. I absolutely love this tutorial.

My name is............. Deb

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2009-01-02, 8:26pm
She's Back & Burnin'

your goddess beads are so lovely

Old 2009-01-02, 8:53pm
Covered in glitter

This is one of my favorites!

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2009-01-02, 8:57pm
are we there yet?

Okay, I've got a question . . . . what is the difficulty level for a newbie?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well make beads. jazz
Old 2009-01-02, 9:15pm
Born Facing Left

A brilliant tutorial!!

Old 2009-01-30, 3:18am
Goddess

Sorry this is so late Janet, I haven't been on line much.

I wouldn't recommend the tutorial for someone who is still struggling with the very basics (like making a nice footprint, making a basic round bead, etc.) You should be comfortable with basic shaping and have a bit of experience working with hand tools. This tutorial can help with those things, I have a section specifically on marvering technique and shaping, but you will find it challenging unless you are fairly comfortable with basic lampworking skills. I think it is best used by people who are in the area of "advanced beginner" and up.
I hope that helps!

Old 2009-01-30, 3:19am
Goddess

Wow, thank you everyone for all the nice compliments, I'm so sorry I haven't been around to reply sooner. Thanks so much!

Old 2009-03-09, 12:33pm
boro color bender

I just about had to wrestle somebody who saw the goddess bead I made from this tutorial... thanks again Teresa... your goddess beads have suck great style... they embody the beauty of a woman's figure so well.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2009-03-09, 2:18pm
Goddess

Wow, thank you Brent! I would have wrestled you for that goddess bead too. I remember her vividly, she took my breath away, she is exquisitely beautiful.

Old 2009-03-09, 2:41pm
boro color bender

You wouldn't have to wrestle me... just send me your addy and she's yours. I'd be honored if she came to live at your house.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2009-03-09, 2:50pm
boro color bender

Nevermind... you were in RAOGK... she'll be on the way tomorrow... all packed up.

Old 2009-03-09, 3:16pm
Goddess

OMG Brent are you serious?!?!?! What a kind thing to do! Wow, I'm speechless, thank you so much! I wish I were closer then I could hug you properly, but this will have to do for now

Oh my gosh, I can't wait to see her in person!