Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-01-19, 7:15am
Living out Loud

Default Zimmerman Lilac Rose vs Purple Rose

Can anyone show me or tell me the difference between these two colors?

I hear and see all the wonderful buzz about Purple Rose but not Lilac Rose do the behave similarly?

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-01-19, 11:43am
Heart of Glass

I think they are the same but I've been wrong before - haha
Old 2011-01-19, 1:46pm
Lampworkaholic!

One is bluer (lilac) and one is pinker (rose). Both are beautiful and reactive.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2011-01-19, 8:12pm
Living out Loud

Thanks so much to both of you!!

Old 2011-01-20, 12:14am
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

To me the lilac looks pinker & the rose looks more purple. The regular lilac is nice also & there's still some available at Olympic Color.

Vivian

-

Old 2011-01-20, 1:26am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

Z99 and Z851 are similar
Z850 i slighter and has a more bluish color.

I have 2 beads made the same day, the same way of both Z99 and Z851
I will grab some pics today or tomorrow as i am teaching class today

Currently on a Knight Bullet and 2 oxycons and tanked oxy

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2011-01-20, 10:12am
Rare Florida Native

I would love to see your beads Christina - I have Z850, Z851 and Z99 that I have had for a couple of years and not used any since I was "saving" it......saving for what I don't know but I guess I will some day.

Old 2011-01-20, 10:16am
uncouthful cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Ann View Post
I would love to see your beads Christina - I have Z850, Z851 and Z99 that I have had for a couple of years and not used any since I was "saving" it......saving for what I don't know but I guess I will some day.
Don't save it all! A little goes a long way, so you can play with just a bit of it without fear that it will all be gone forever.

Oh no! The cats forgot to vacuum AGAIN!
Old 2011-01-20, 8:45pm
Living out Loud

I would love to see beads made with these colors!

Thanks so much everyone!

Old 2011-01-21, 8:33am
Silver Hogs/Tool Junkies

This is Purple Rose on Opal Yellow.

Jack

Old 2011-01-21, 6:42pm
Living out Loud

Let me get busy. Thanks for the visual.

Old 2011-01-22, 2:30pm

Stunning beads Kimberly and Jack!

Angela Kane

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2011-01-22, 9:55pm
Silver Hogs/Tool Junkies

Thanks Angela.

Jack

Old 2011-01-23, 3:07pm
Unmedicated since '62

goody! i just scooped up the last of Z851 size 0 frit from eplanet

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2011-01-28, 9:04pm
I'm a lilac!

I never got any Z851. I do have a good stash of Z850... anyone want to trade a bit of 851 for 850?

Old 2011-01-29, 1:19am
><>

Has anyone tried this Reichenbach color as a close substitute?
http://www.glasscolor.com/products/d...ID=22&pID=1475
or this one? http://www.glasscolor.com/products/d...cID=22&pID=468
"In the whole world I have no twin, and my face is not me. I am someone under the skin others see only in glances."
"I can live with not being popular,but not with compromising my beliefs in order to fit in." jh
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil." Thomas Mann
Old 2011-01-29, 1:36am
I'm a lilac!

That pink opal looks really pretty... I don't think I've tried that.

Old 2011-01-29, 8:06am
Lampworkaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhana View Post
Has anyone tried this Reichenbach color as a close substitute?
http://www.glasscolor.com/products/d...ID=22&pID=1475
or this one? http://www.glasscolor.com/products/d...cID=22&pID=468
They are both lovely and somewhat reactive but different from the Zimmerman purples, more muted and homogeneous.

R-88 Opal Violet is closer.

K-97 Lilac Red also is closer.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox

Last edited by Elizabeth Beads; 2011-01-29 at 8:13am.
Old 2011-01-29, 3:58pm
I'm a lilac!

I love the R-88! It doesn't do quite the same reactive stuff and isn't as dense/intense, but it's lovely.

Old 2011-01-29, 4:21pm
Biscuit Lover

Hyacinth Violet R14 looks like a gorgeous intense purple, and I can't believe I didn't order some already:
http://www.glasscolor.com/products/d...cID=23&pID=289

Anyone tried it?
Old 2011-01-29, 4:36pm
><>

Quote:
Originally Posted by erose View Post
They are both lovely and somewhat reactive but different from the Zimmerman purples, more muted and homogeneous.

R-88 Opal Violet is closer.

K-97 Lilac Red also is closer.
Thanks. I was looking at all of those. One could always
mix some powder and brew up a combo batch I guess
I bet if we all play with these on some reactive bases
we'll find some interesting result.
The Lilac Red name seems like a close name to Purple Rose for a reason
y' know?
"In the whole world I have no twin, and my face is not me. I am someone under the skin others see only in glances."
"I can live with not being popular,but not with compromising my beliefs in order to fit in." jh
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil." Thomas Mann

Last edited by jhana; 2011-01-29 at 4:38pm.
Old 2011-01-29, 4:38pm
Lampworkaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathleen milligan View Post
Hyacinth Violet R14 looks like a gorgeous intense purple, and I can't believe I didn't order some already:
http://www.glasscolor.com/products/d...cID=23&pID=289

Anyone tried it?
It's a very saturated transparent. It will look black unless you use it as a thin layer over clear or white. It is beautiful that way.

Old 2011-01-29, 9:41pm
I'm a lilac!

I made some beads with Hyacinth violet recently, and I'm trying to remember which ones they are so I can post them here... it is a lovely color, but very dark. There is also a light hyacinth. My favorite transparent purple is Reddish Amethyst, though.

Old 2011-01-29, 9:46pm
I'm a lilac!

Here's the Z850 on Opal Yellow:

and on System 96 Cloud Gray (pardon the beyootyful fingerprint):

I love how different the color comes out on different base colors. Anyone want to trade me some for Z-851? I want to compare them. It looks way lighter than Z-99 in frit form, but after its melted it's similar, like a creamier variation.

Old 2011-01-30, 12:22am
I'm a lilac!

Yeah, it's different from the Z99... similar hues but with a creamier tone. I still have a fair bit of Z-99 which I'm really careful with because it's a crucial component of one of my best-selling bead styles. I was pleased to finally experiment with my stash of this color, though, because I think it will work out as a replacement for me when the dreaded time comes. Plus, I like the way it turns blue and green in combination with R108. I am sad that Olympic is out of #1 size frit in this color. I would have gotten more if I could.