Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2011-02-12, 5:53am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

Default paypal claim despite tracking info please advise

Dear All,

Just 2 minutes a go a customer started a claim on paypal.
Even though I explained that due to US government safety restrictions parcels seem to have a huge delay.
I than provided her with tracking information according to the shipping service she chose and according to her request.
As stated the parcel has been in the US for 13 days but is still in distribution. I suggested her to call USPS and see if they have more information.

Apperently this is not her responsibilty to track the parcel....
And accroding to this lady I have false advertising cause I do not mention it could take this long.

I answered her comment about the high charges for Priority shipping and the transit time. Priority shipping in the netherlands means trackable and insured shipping.

She mentioned that the order was a lot of money for her and it was easy for me as I received my money instantly. I replied by asking what she suggest i should do. Send out everything without areceivign a payment and just wait and see if I woudl get my payment.

I will send paypal proof of shipping and the tracking information. Without going to much into details, do you think I informed my customer correctly?

I am now pretty confused over this.

Thanks
Chrissy

Currently on a Knight Bullet and 2 oxycons and tanked oxy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2011-02-12, 8:06am
Experimentalist

Some people will always be ignorant of international transit delays and will get impatient. It happens to all of us.

I would definitely add a note in your permanent store about the possibility of delays due to the postal system and let them know that 4-6 weeks is a real possibility for receipt of their item. Then at least they don't have false expectations. Also, when you send an email confirming their order, give them the time frame again and say something like, "Please let me know if you haven't received your order by xx-xx-2011." At which point you refund their money until they let you know the item showed up.

Yes, I know what I just said, but it's good customer service policy.

Old 2011-02-12, 8:21am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

Hi Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to give me some feedback. LE members already knew about the delays in shipping due to US government safety restructions back in December.

To be honest I thought it was just goint to be for the holiday season only. Late January I found out ( because of status requests ) that this delay was still an issue.

There is a message on the front page now stating the delay. I will put a message in the order status section ( so if a client logs in to check teh status they will see the info )

However this is not working for those customers not checking the status update.

We still have orders on hold due to choosing the cheapest shipping option, while the correct shipping option is like 15 dollars more. Even the status update and several e-mails to the customers did not trigger a respond or action.

Does anybody know if it is normal that distribution within the US take over 13 days?

Thanks
Chrissy

Currently on a Knight Bullet and 2 oxycons and tanked oxy

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2011-02-15, 6:45pm
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

We've had alot of severe weather the past 2 weeks and that may have some bearing on the mail delivery. My BFF is a manager of USPS. Hates the job because of all the ticker-tape she and her team have to navigate through all the time. It seems the customer is *not* always right when Uncle Sam is involved. *S*

I read the other thread. She may be jumping the gun however I think she's covering herself as well since she has little time to go through the process on Paypal. Just because it's been scanned in New York doesn't mean it's not been lost since then. It was below freezing cold on Feb 2 in Texas. I was home with an ice day. If her luck runs like mine, she will get the order any day now.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sorry for all the headaches, all around.

Last edited by Elegance_1; 2011-02-15 at 6:48pm.
Old 2011-02-15, 6:48pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Hi Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to give me some feedback. LE members already knew about the delays in shipping due to US government safety restructions back in December.

To be honest I thought it was just goint to be for the holiday season only. Late January I found out ( because of status requests ) that this delay was still an issue.

There is a message on the front page now stating the delay. I will put a message in the order status section ( so if a client logs in to check teh status they will see the info )

However this is not working for those customers not checking the status update.

We still have orders on hold due to choosing the cheapest shipping option, while the correct shipping option is like 15 dollars more. Even the status update and several e-mails to the customers did not trigger a respond or action.

Does anybody know if it is normal that distribution within the US take over 13 days?

Thanks
Chrissy
I think your assumption I bolded in your post is most likely inaccurate. Saying that all of LE expects shipping delays - I find that highly unlikely.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2011-02-16, 2:37pm

Yes. You have informed your customer adequately. Unfortunately your customer has not informed herself. I am in Canada and a very frequent cross-border shopper. I know that shipments may take a long time. In fact I don't even consider worrying until at least a month has passed.

I am sorry you are dealing with this issue and I sincerely hope this experience doesn't make you shy away from international shipping in the future. It is too bad when buyers don't do their homework about shipping and customs/duties.

Hope it all works out for you.