No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-09-23, 6:06am
jamieincharlotte

Default Need Oxygen Concentrator Company - Not UO

Can anyone tell me who has new oxycons that are affordable? I am on the merry go round with UO at the moment and would love to get other good companies to call. Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-09-23, 8:09am

This company is in Virginia. I bought my first concentrator from them six or seven years ago when they were having a sale and they were good to deal with. Maybe calling them and discussing your needs and see what you think: http://www.oxygenplusmedical.com/

Mimi
Old 2013-09-23, 8:17am
jamieincharlotte

OK thanks. I will check them out. Still hoping I'll get my Unlimited Oxygen concentrator this week.
jamie

Old 2013-09-23, 8:37am

Good luck! I was one of the lucky ones; I got mine in a reasonable amount of time and am happy with it. Hope yours shows up sooner rather than later.

Mimi
Old 2013-09-23, 9:00am
jamieincharlotte

I sent them an email....looks like medical ones but maybe they do lampworking ones as well. Again, thanks.

j

Old 2013-09-23, 10:20am

There is a new thread on TMP about UO problems.
Many people having problems with sales and repairs.

Old 2013-09-23, 10:55am

Check out Craigs list in your area. Where I live they list a lot of them
Liz R

MADE IN THE U.S.A.

Lead me not into temptation, Oh hell follow me I know a short cut
Old 2013-09-23, 11:16am
Irish Eyes A Smiling

I got a refurbished Regalia.....actually 2 of them...each 10L....love them!!! Runs my Bravo inner and outer flames wonderfully

Old 2013-09-23, 12:41pm

I found calling UO on the phone made a world of difference, love mine. Though they said 2 weeks and turned into 9. They are very sweet people, he just takes on too much, give a call and plead your case and ask for when he thinks it will be ready and then call on that date, keep calling
Old 2013-09-23, 1:18pm
Angie09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Irish Girl View Post
I got a refurbished Regalia.....actually 2 of them...each 10L....love them!!! Runs my Bravo inner and outer flames wonderfully
Lynn .... where did you get the Regalias? I need one!!
Old 2013-09-23, 1:31pm
jamieincharlotte

Believe me I have called, talked to him and left messages with no return calls except for 1 or two. Sent many emails some answered some not. He promised me AGAIN today it will be shipped tomorrow. He also said that two months ago. I have been promised many many times that he is shipping. Last chance...cancelling after tomorrow and looking elsewhere.

Old 2013-09-23, 2:02pm

Do NOT call him on phone. You can't record a phone conversation but you can use emails and texts for documentation with the CC companies. If you do use the phone, tell him you are recording the phone call. Then he's aware and it's legal! There are too many companies who have machines for the same price (if not better) and get whisper quiet machines that are delivered within a few weeks!

Old 2013-09-23, 2:06pm
jamieincharlotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimond View Post
There is a new thread on TMP about UO problems.
Many people having problems with sales and repairs.

Hey Raimond, what is TMP?

Old 2013-09-23, 2:27pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Is TMP the Melting Pot.

Old 2013-09-23, 2:33pm
jamieincharlotte

I'll check it out. I sent him a PM a second ago on that.

Old 2013-09-23, 2:34pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

I got them at Oxygen Plus Medical out of VA. They were great to work with...fast....molded foam pack for shipping. Equipment is fabulous. Son, son-in-law and daughter-in-law are all engineers (chemical and mechanical). They read and did all the research for me and said the refurbished are basically brand new inside with the original exterior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie09 View Post
Lynn .... where did you get the Regalias? I need one!!

Old 2013-09-23, 2:38pm
Administrator

I would like to state that Jack Ridgeway also owes Lampwork Etc. money for advertising on this site. He has refused to pay the bill even though the ad already ran and he did receive the advertising that was promised. he has continued to ignore the bill until today when he wrote to let me know that the invoice will not be paid.

he has also refused to answer me for almost a year regarding my broken M-20. That means that I have an oxygen concentrator which is completely useless to me even though it supposedly came with a warranty.

I will no longer do business with him, nor will I recommend his company to anyone because of this ongoing issue with the unpaid bills.

Old 2013-09-23, 3:18pm

In my family, someone who doesn't pay their bills NEVER gets to the front of the line with anything!!

Barbara
Old 2013-09-23, 3:23pm

It seams to me he is using todays payment to order parts for last months orders... Not a good way to do/remain in business.

I would not be surprised of he declares bankruptcy soon. File with the BBB and your CC company before its too late.

Old 2013-09-23, 3:58pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenie View Post
There are too many companies who have machines for the same price (if not better) and get whisper quiet machines that are delivered within a few weeks!
Where? I've not found any other place with comparable prices on powerful oxycons..

"Good judgment comes from experience.. Which, unfortunately, comes from bad judgment."

“Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die.”
Old 2013-09-23, 4:25pm
Flamewoman

I would file a complaint with my credit card right away if it were me. I have had experience with JR as well and it was not good, his product is hit and miss, his packing is beyond belief (as in believing that something that heavy could be shipped in basically a shoe box, with no padding or protection) you might get a machine that runs like a champ, or you might get one that catches on fire in your shop. Ask me how I know. In any case,, if he has your credit card info, file sooner than later with the credit card company.
Also, if there was only one customer in the entire world that got good service on a unit, you would think it would be Cori. Therefore I would guess UO's JR is OOHFM. IYKWIM.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!

Last edited by Mary K; 2013-09-23 at 4:31pm.
Old 2013-09-24, 5:20am
Glass-aholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenie View Post
Do NOT call him on phone. You can't record a phone conversation but you can use emails and texts for documentation with the CC companies. If you do use the phone, tell him you are recording the phone call. Then he's aware and it's legal! There are too many companies who have machines for the same price (if not better) and get whisper quiet machines that are delivered within a few weeks!
Actually if you use a smart phone it's pretty easy to record a convo, and it's legal as long as 1 party knows it's happening, ie you. You don't ever have to tell him. Don't ask why I know... But it came in handy.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2013-09-24, 5:59am
It's a far gone lullaby

If you don't inform the other party of call recording, it's inadmissible in court.

I've worked for BoA, HSBC, ALLY, Etrade, and other big lenders, that spend a lot of time in court.
Old 2013-09-24, 6:51am
Glass-aholic

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/201...l?_format=full

This is the simplest article I saw outlining the basic basics.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2013-09-24, 7:05am
I fart diamonds

www.hobbiesforus.com

Old 2013-09-24, 7:37am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaci View Post
Actually if you use a smart phone it's pretty easy to record a convo, and it's legal as long as 1 party knows it's happening, ie you. You don't ever have to tell him. Don't ask why I know... But it came in handy.
Depends on the state - in some states, both parties have to know.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2013-09-24, 8:45am
Shelarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnette View Post
I second this.

Old 2013-09-24, 9:36am

I third it. He had mine ready next day.
Old 2013-09-24, 9:44am

They're still more expensive.. For me, I'd rather take the chance with UO and wait. But this thread isn't about me, heh.

Also, I agree with Squid, the laws on recording vary by state. In some, it's a felony not to inform the other person (and I assume you'd have to be twice as careful if you're calling someone in a different state). And no, you can't tell them after the fact, heh.

Not that I watch a lot of court shows or anything..

"Good judgment comes from experience.. Which, unfortunately, comes from bad judgment."

“Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die.”

Last edited by Surrealle; 2013-09-24 at 9:46am.
Old 2013-09-24, 10:09am
I fart diamonds

Yeah, well, for $200 diference, I'd rather have mine next week than next year... Just sayin'...