Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2013-11-23, 12:09pm

Default Working on my new website. Need advice

Ok, we were working on my site thats not up and running yet, but I was in the wrong place to do that..

Hre is my site URL to work on it. Www.sandrapurelynatural.weebly.com

The weebly part will be removed once im ready to open it up for business but i couldnt see paying for it until its ready to receive customers.
Ive made a few changes per your advice, ive changed the color and size front over the product images so they are easier to read. Id like to keep the font type though, if its easy to read.

Some mentioned making the images clickable to enlarge. What my idea is, is to make the images for the products clickable to take the customer to its own page where the images will be larger and clickable to enlarge further. Each product page will have a buy button at the top and below the product description on each products own page and the clickable side bar on each page to be able to shuffle between products because each product page will have a lengthy description of its imgredients and uses and helpful information about the key ingredients.

Any other advice and ideas on what you see needs attention ?

Thamks for any help.
Old 2013-11-23, 2:36pm

Sandy, I think just changing the color made a world of difference! Whether you choose to use the brown or dark pink, it's much easier to read than the pale pink. I personally like the font too.

NICE!

I thought I was going crazy when I couldn't find the original post for your web site.
This is probably the better place for comments.
Old 2013-11-23, 4:31pm
Loving learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay M View Post
Sandy, I think just changing the color made a world of difference! Whether you choose to use the brown or dark pink, it's much easier to read than the pale pink.
Yes, it did!

Oh, and on the contact me page; it looks nice, but I think it's always a plus to be able to either click a link for email or at least copy & paste.
Old 2013-11-23, 5:26pm

Oh... Good point Eileen. Thanks. I'll do that for sure on the contact clickable link for email.
Old 2013-11-29, 9:33am

I like the layout for this site it is very easy on the eyes. I didn't get to see it before you changed the fonts and colors but currently it looks nice. The only suggestion I would have is to make the site's content area wider. Generally the target resolution is still 1024x768 I am not sure if that is what you designed for or not however your sites layout should change with the different resolution displays that are out there.

For instance this is what it looks like on my 23" Apple Cinema Display
http://postimg.org/image/wq1e71wp3/

As you can see it is very narrow with a lot of wasted space on the sides. You can also see that the content area does not appear to be centered on the page, this is probably due to your menu area to the left of the content area. I would suggest that you either personally learn more about responsive layouts or find a front-end developer who can make this layout responsive.

Responsive layouts will change how the layout looks based on the resolution of the display. Your site could look one way on a mobile phone, another on an iPad and entirely different on a desktop computer.

Don't take my critique to heart these are solely suggestions keeping in mind the direction that web development is taking to progress forward.
Old 2013-11-29, 6:33pm
Alaska Boro

One thing folks look for is contact information. One place to list this is in the footer of each and every page. And/or place on your "contact us" page.

A mailing address, phone and email all make folks more conformable as to where you are, etc.
Old 2013-11-29, 7:33pm

Alaska, i wont put my address on there. This is my home and its private. I dont mind putting Bryan/College Station, Texas, but that'sas close as it will get because this is for online only. I will most likely have a phone number that I can send directly to a voice mail after a certain time CST. When someone makes a purchase, my address is on their paypal confirmation.
On my about me page, I will have my DBA and Tax number. If I had a store front, I would do it differently, but I won't have one. This is strictly only sales.
Old 2015-02-19, 6:12am
Art with Heart

Default Keywords

remember that it is keywords that will bring people to your site through the search engines, so use words like 'all natural body care products' in the title and description of your home page as well as in the page title (H1) and once or twice in the text. Try and write 200-300 words. Good luck