Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2013-04-06, 6:57pm

Lightbulb My new site, hope it's working ok

Hello everyone, the title says it all, i have no idea if my new site functions correctly on all Operating systems and different computer brands.
If it's not could you please let me know?
Thank you
Regis

www.magmabeads.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Magma Beads .
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-04-06, 7:01pm

Oh and if there's something you don't like don't hesitate to let me know as well !

Magma Beads .

Old 2013-04-06, 7:10pm
grama punky - class junky

Beautiful

Old 2013-04-06, 7:32pm
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Looks great.
The feature picture on the homepage took quite a while to load, but once it's there, everything works smoothly.
I'm using Google Chrome as browser.
And yes, it looks beautiful!

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2013-04-06, 10:57pm

Thank you Donna and Judith, yes the feature pics are too large, i will change the file size.

Magma Beads .

Old 2013-04-08, 10:35am
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

Gorgeous and clean!!

Old 2013-04-08, 3:45pm
Redheaded Thread Killer

Gorgeous and works well on Firefox. I love your beads, and love how your new gallery works.

The only thing I would say, and I think you did it on purpose, is that your logo at the top is a bit hard to see. (dark dark logo on dark background). It looks like you added a white shadow effect, to highlight it a bit - however on my screen it's still very dark. (Hard to read your business name.)

Okay looks like it's only with SOME of your pictures, perhaps the glow around feature pictures isn't on all of them...

Currently... torch is cold. Not sure when I'll be making glass again. Hothead and Lynx user.
Nothing on

Last edited by MistyCherie; 2013-04-08 at 3:51pm. Reason: Show screenshot
Old 2013-04-08, 10:07pm

Hi MistyCherie, thank you for the feedback You are right i really have to fix that, i'll get on to it !!

Magma Beads .

Old 2013-04-09, 10:16pm
Dynamic Duo

Just visited it = Works great on a MAC with newest operating system using Safari.

Loved the 'about' section and the archive section.

Old 2013-04-10, 12:07pm
burnin' glass just becuz

Hi Regis, love yr beads and yr tut.

Website looks good - i find the black background a little overwhelming but that's a more of a personal taste comment.

For readability though, like the others i can't see your logo at all on any of the pages, and i find the grey text hard to read - suggest either increase the font or make it white.

Give ideas away - there are new ones underneath... Diane Vreeland
Old 2013-04-12, 8:32pm
Pincel de Fuego

It works great on the iPad! And your beads are AMAZING!!!!! I'm going to pin some of them, seriously I love them.

/
/
Old 2013-10-13, 7:58pm
Heart of Flame

I love your site - my only comment would be that perhaps it would be useful to have your name "Magma Beads" in a colour other than black so it shows more on each page? Awesome beads - i have always admired your talent and work!

Old 2013-10-14, 3:51am

I think it's stunning! Simple and elegant. I'm not typically a fan of black backgrounds but your site is an exception .. the black really sets of your wonderful photos.

BTW, I'm using Chrome and there are several images on the "Work for Sale" Etsy section that seem to be broken.
Old 2013-10-21, 2:44pm

Thank you all again
PattyK, yes i've removed the pictures i really need to update it more often !

Magma Beads .

Old 2015-02-19, 6:25am
Art with Heart

Stunning work. I think the logo / background needs lightening too.
I would add a blog as Google loves to see new content and you can target keywords in the blog too.

Old 2015-06-23, 8:16am

Looks Great

MADE IN THE U.S.A.

Lead me not into temptation, Oh hell follow me I know a short cut
Old 2015-08-30, 2:14am
Supporting Artists

Just checked out your site and it looks great! Your work is some top notch stuff!
Old 2015-09-18, 12:27am

Hello, Your site looks nice and working well. There are nice gallery good job.
Old 2016-02-05, 12:48am

I never realised there was new comments on this thread, thank you all so much for the feedback

Magma Beads .

Old 2017-08-09, 2:53am
Beach Buggy

Hi,
I opened from Linux with Google-chrome and Firefox. It looks good.
Only one small typo: On the Cart site with "Proceed to Checkout" button:

there are no space between the texts: ShippingFree Shipping

Last edited by judit Szoke; 2017-08-09 at 11:34am.
Old 2017-08-09, 4:02am
N2Beadz

Older thread but enjoyed viewing all your hard work on Instagram.

Old 2017-09-06, 11:01am

I didn't want to post here as this thread was old, but recently it has been updated, so I want to say that I also like your work and the website design. What did you use for its creation? (if it is not a secret, of course ) I'm going to build a website and I'm looking for a good template/theme/builder. I was suggested to try one of the wordpress fashion consultant themes, but I haven't decided yet. Thanks in advance!