Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2013-07-20, 4:02am
Unmedicated since '62

She probably gets a commission from pandora for every site or seller she manages to shut down, she's acting as an agent

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2013-07-20, 7:00am
Ready to hit the road

What got me was the ebay posting, putting a non-Pandora bead on a Pandora bracelet nullifies the warranty?!?

Old 2014-02-16, 2:18am

Default not just lampwork

I found your post and had to join so I could add my comment.

I have just had one of my products taken off Etsy due to this woman, I admit that I did use the word Pandora in my title and that I am sure is the reason, but my product was for a paper bead roller. If these people are going after people just because of a word we won't be able to write anything.

Now I feel better that I have shared this with someone.

I would also like to say that this has been a great read. Also now that I've found this site I might even take up lampwork beads, it looks very interesting.
Old 2014-08-26, 3:22pm

Default Pandora - Really! And I make paper beads.

When I stumbled across this forum and the article about Pandora and Etsy shops, I had to join to share my experience. I am relatively new to Etsy and only began making jewelry this year. I admire you guys who are true artisans! However, I have found that paper seems to be a niche for me and have had good luck selling precut paper strips for people who do want to cut strips themselves.

I have listed a few pieces of paper bead jewelry and paper beads on Etsy. One such set of beads referenced the large hole paper beads with grommets were inspired by European and Pandora type beads. Now obviously it didn't even infer that they were Pandora beads nor even like Pandora beads, and no one that is looking for Pandora beads is going to have any interest in a PAPER bead! Yet Etsy deactivated my listing because this Natasha Klincharova with snbreact sent them a notice of infringement. Obviously, I removed the word "pandora" and scoffed at the foolishness of getting in a tizzy over a paper bead! After reading your comments, I really feel bad for you guys that Pandora is causing such a pain for your products. I guess I have to be really careful about admitting to sources of inspiration.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 2014-11-12, 5:19pm

Question confused

hello and thank you for your blog its opened my eyes on alot of the stuff P*^^%$% is doing to small time sellers. my question to you is if i can use the title Pandora's Box this is my store name and not because of the Trademark store Pandora i have always been interested in GREEK MYTHOLOGY not counterfeit. is it legal to constantly take down my listings with the name "Pandora's Box" even tho all my jewelry is handcrafted and is stated that in all my listings please help im at my wits end with these ppl and im getting ready to get my lawyers involved because like you i did not know it was not ok to put just pandora as my title listing and had 200 listings taken down a day after i posted them. after that i decided to put pandora's box since i didnt think that was a problem now a year later with no problems through the year i woke up this morning to find 20 of my most viewed listings had been taken down when i had no problem for a whole year. idk what their deal is.if my listings where so wrong then why did they only target my most viewed and most watched items. i just dont want to have to bring lawyers in the mix if its not needed so tell me if you know is it ok that pandora takes down my listings title Pandora's Box and handmade as description. or are they just trying to find anyway to make small time sellers not be able to make it?
Old 2014-11-15, 3:05pm

Hallo, I was contacted by REACT organization because I used "Pandora style" title in the refference to my shop.
They are asking me to remove it and to pay compensation USD1000. Did you get such a problem?
Old 2014-11-24, 4:14am

I have two Pandora bracelets, but will NEVER buy another one of their beads or bracelets after dealing with them on ETSY. I in no way inferred that my product was theirs only that it was in their style and that it was the correct size. If they are so very worried about small artisan shops they can have their beads and bracelets and keep them. I will do my own thing and my bracelets will be unique as I am not into mass production beads and looking like everyone else. Also, as for ETSY I haven't listed there in ages as they have let in non-artisan work and I am not going to try to compete for sales with mass produced work. I can't and won't sell my product at a loss or without making a profit. Not to mention some, not all, of those same mass producers steal our artisan pictures and represent it as their work. I was sorry to see ETSY sell out like that.

Old 2014-11-24, 9:41am

I'm with you Beadtress38!!! I own a Troll bracelet and had purchased a few Chamilla charms when at Disney World last year. However now Disney is switching to Pandora, so I purchased a few more Chamilla Disney beads before they are gone on our most recent trip.

I was soooo disappointed that Disney was going to be working with the evil Pandora. I will never purchase from Pandora either. K