Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2015-10-19, 8:54am
Moving On

Default GoDaddy Website/Shop?

It is that time again. I'm thinking about ditching my GG Glass website, and need something either completely idiot-proof that i can add (and eliminate) products, categories, keep track of inventory, and still look nice.

The person who designed my current site
(To work with PAppashop) doesn't exist anymore), and I seem unable to learn Wordpress.

Also, I have no money.

Any other suggestions would be warmly welcomed!

These days, I mainly want to be selling my different types of hand pulled Coe 96 cane, and maybe some leather and findings. So, not as much stuff as in my "frit days!."

Thanks, Gail

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2015-10-20, 6:56am
ManBearPig

I am anything but a fan of Godaddy for many reasons.

I do web sites for a living, but for anyone who wants to have a go at it themselves, the two best ones I've found are www.squarespace.com and www.wix.com. Each has their own advantages and disadvantages. Of the two I would give the edge to Wix, but you can make a nice site pretty quickly and painlessly with either of them.

Old 2015-10-20, 8:40am
Angie09

An Etsy store????
Old 2015-10-20, 12:47pm
ManBearPig

Etsy has pretty much dried up for me. I've heard a lot of other people saying the same thing. I used to sell a good bit on there. Now things sit there and never move. Hopefully others are having better luck with it than I am.

Old 2015-11-21, 9:28pm

Im very happy with http://www.indiemade.com/ my www.untamedrose.com is made through them. I pay 20 a month for the biggest package...pick of template, no coding, no BS.. limited in what you can do of course but any changes I might attempt honestly I'd likely mess up anyway.
Also Links to my etsy shop as an OOAKs sells on etsy it's pulled from my website.....it sells on my site(no fees to etsy..well still paid that 0.20 listing at the start) is just pulls it back to a draft.

Old 2016-02-02, 11:16am

Hello! I can recommend you to try building a website using Magento. It is a very comprehensive and convenient method. Look for some templates for it on http://www.templatemonster.com/magento-themes.php website. They will also help you a lot
Old 2018-10-24, 2:03am

I use the hPage Website Builder for my website. They have business features which I like and I am also able to put up my Paypal button. As with all website builders, their basic service is free and if you want the upgrades, you have to purchase the monthly package (which is super affordable, by the way). No coding is involved as well.

Here's their link: https://www.hpage.com