The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-09-27, 12:56pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Default Can one...

not encase CIM Peace with Aether?

All those white heart/clear beads with DSP stringer, and colorful murrini...

Who knew they'd have a crack problem?

I don't think it's user error...every other bead I made today, same size, same Aether encasement, survived to be batch annealed.

Is the problem me, or the combo of CIM Peace and Aether? I'm not feeling so peaceful right now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2009-09-27, 1:27pm
And silence is golden

DSP?
Old 2009-09-27, 1:29pm

Dark Silver Plum

May the love of animals inspire you, teach you & heal you...
Old 2009-09-27, 1:49pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I'm surprised you make a bead big enough to fit a murrine on it

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-09-27, 2:21pm

none of my cim white beads have been surviving to be batch annealed--i've been thinking it might be a ''straight to kiln'' color..l

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-09-27, 3:05pm
Corgi Cult Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
I was thinking the same thing!

Old 2009-09-27, 3:11pm

maybe she's pulling her murrini down to "miniature" too--the way leah fairbanks teaches....

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-09-27, 3:37pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunamoonshadow View Post
none of my cim white beads have been surviving to be batch annealed--i've been thinking it might be a ''straight to kiln'' color..l
Piss...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by artwhim View Post
I was thinking the same thing!
Quote:
maybe she's pulling her murrini down to "miniature" too--the way leah fairbanks teaches....
Buncha' wise asses...lots of my beads have murrine on 'em. Remember this thread?

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94946

See?

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2009-09-28, 7:03am
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
I got two to survive by not totally encasing them, sorta' leaving a little breathing room on either side.

Old 2009-09-28, 9:36am
Sheryll

OMG ,Chris! I didn't realize what they were talking about until I clicked on your link. 4 beads on a dime!!!! :O I'm in awe. You can always make cabs of the bead halves? I'd love to see them broken or not.

Old 2009-09-28, 9:43am
A True Woofer

Why is your etsy store empty? I wanted to buy some tiny beads!

I have no idea about your question, btw.

Old 2009-09-28, 9:55am
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaGirlBT View Post
Why is your etsy store empty?
Undeniable bout of laziness.

Old 2009-09-28, 6:26pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissij View Post
Undeniable bout of laziness.
I'd bet she's got jars full of beads

(I'm one to talk--I've got racks full of jewelry )

Old 2009-09-28, 7:07pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
I'd bet she's got jars full of beads

(I'm one to talk--I've got racks full of jewelry )
I don't have "jars"...

Old 2009-09-28, 7:09pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

She has barrels.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-09-28, 7:10pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
She has barrels.
Those are bigger than jars...could you imagine how many beads it'd take to fill a barrel?

Old 2009-09-29, 6:04am
A True Woofer

Thimbles? LOL

I know the laziness thing. I have oodles of beads that I keep making and I never photograph and list them. They sit in a tray.

Old 2009-09-29, 6:38am
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Thimbles? LOL
Scads of thimbles!!

Quote:
I know the laziness thing. I have oodles of beads that I keep making and I never photograph and list them. They sit in a tray.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who proCHRIStinates. I couldn't even begin to guess how many beads and bead sets I've made that are sitting in little packets scattered about my house. I've not the foggiest of ideas.

Old 2009-10-02, 5:38am

I have this evil urge to find a teeny little wooden barrel to send you & make you fill it with beads!!!

Old 2009-10-02, 7:29pm
Lampworkaholic!

Aether is allergic to Hades, maybe it is to Peace too. Even using Hades in my vine cane caused my florals cased with Aether to crack. Made new vine cane with Effetre black and no more cracked encasing. Must not have used Peace for the dots.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2009-10-03, 12:17pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by erose View Post
Aether is allergic to Hades, maybe it is to Peace too. Even using Hades in my vine cane caused my florals cased with Aether to crack. Made new vine cane with Effetre black and no more cracked encasing. Must not have used Peace for the dots.
Really? Wow! I guess I should keep an eye on the ones that have survived thus far.

Old 2009-10-03, 7:19pm
Rose colored glasses…√

It's official. Peace and Aether don't play nice together in small beads. (I wouldn't know about large beads.) I got crazy cracks in all the beads. One interesting thing though...the Aether is so nice and clear that the cracks act like prisms. I have rainbows in my crack(s).