TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-07-01, 9:43am

Thank you so much Sue and Mimi! I am in awe of these artists! Next time I have a great jewelry tip from Sarah Hornik.

Thanks again.....

If you all have anyone in particular you would like me to see if I can interview, please let me know.
Old 2011-07-01, 2:11pm

I'm absolutely amazed by Pipyr's work, so it's wonderful that she is featured! She is so deserving. Her work is always so original, classy and beautifully executed.

Yvonne
Old 2011-07-07, 4:04am

Thanks Yvonne!

What do you all think of Pipyr's work? How she pulls it all together? She sculpts and then sandblasts the pieces, paints and viola! What do you think of the process?
Old 2011-07-07, 1:56pm

Kitty, the entire process must be time consuming, but the results that Pipyr gets are amazing. She first has to create the glass sculpture, then anneal, paint or apply whatever techniques she chooses for a particular piece - all beautifully done, of course. I especially appreciate that she is growing as an artist. Too many artists reach a stage and don't move from it. It's fun to see her work evolve.

I so love her work - just wish I could afford to have more. I have just a few things from her and do love them, but I don't have any of her latest work. One day. . . .

Yvonne
Old 2011-07-09, 6:25am

Yvonne,

I hope to purchase some of her work.

It is fun to see her work and other's work evolve. I agree. It also pushes me to try new things and gives me hope that I can evolve and get better and better.

Trying new things gives me such a rush.
Old 2011-07-09, 7:10am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
Yvonne,

I hope to purchase some of her work.

It is fun to see her work and other's work evolve. I agree. It also pushes me to try new things and gives me hope that I can evolve and get better and better.

Trying new things gives me such a rush.
I have one of her little beasts (or rather my DD has) beautiful work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2011-07-09, 8:01pm
It's about time!

I've had the honour of watching Pipyr emerge as an incredible glass artist over the past 6 years. She's an inspiration for many, that's for sure! Five years ago she had my 11 year old son in her studio and they were making 'creatures' together! If you ever have the chance, take a class from her!
Old 2011-08-22, 6:03am

It has taken me a while to post this story about Marcy Lamberson of Studio Marcy, but it is finally up! Hope you enjoy it.

Her work just gives me a perma-smile!

Kitty
Old 2011-08-22, 10:37am

Thanks, Kitty (and Marcy, too, this time), for doing these articles and making them available. I'm enjoying them very much.

Mimi
Old 2011-08-22, 11:45am
Master Procrastinator

Love Marcy's work! & loved reading your blog post about her.

Old 2011-08-22, 8:17pm

Thank you so much Lea and Mimi!
Old 2011-08-23, 7:50am
Critter Mom

Kitty that's a great article on Marcy, really enjoyed it ... and I adore Marcy's work. Thanks for putting it all together for us

Old 2011-08-23, 8:01am

You are very welcome Bonnie!
Old 2011-08-25, 11:18am

I don't know if any of you know she is teaching classes now. I would love to take one of Marcy's classes. Sculptural work is challenging and she certainly has a great handle of it!
Old 2011-08-25, 8:26pm
organically speaking

I'm so glad I found this thread! Though I don't work in boro, I find Pipyr's work to be such a source of inspiration and I loved reading a little about her insight into the craft. Thanks for pulling this together and sharing.

Old 2011-08-26, 5:03am

That is weird Laurie! I was just looking in your shop and I got the message there was a post and it was you!

Thanks for your nice comments. I appreciate it.

Weird.
Old 2011-08-26, 6:50am

Smile

Wow- what a great blog! I don't know how I missed this! Thanks for featring such great artists! Laura

Old 2011-08-26, 6:24pm

Kitty,

I just wanted to say thank you for your excellent blog and interviews!

Keep up the great work!

Joan
Old 2011-10-08, 4:46pm

Hi! I just finished my post on Amber Van Meter and she has a great tip for everyone! Come see my blog: www.kittylampwork.blogspot.com

The blogger is being a little fussy, so I will have to fix it tomorrow.

Have a great night!
Old 2011-10-08, 6:13pm
Master Procrastinator

Wonderful blog post! Thank you so much!

Old 2011-10-09, 10:16am
Critter Mom

Amber's beads are gorgeous ! I wish inspiration came to me in dreams Very nice article, thanks Kitty.

Old 2013-05-26, 7:33am
I ate a big red candle!

I'm kinda bummed that this blog looks like it was deleted. There was so much good information there. Anybody know what happened or if it moved?

My fledgling etsy shop

Old 2013-05-26, 8:15am

Me too! It's tantalizing to see the references to the posts. I'm a newbie who could really use the tips!

That's why I'm learning to make Beads of Courage
Old 2013-05-26, 9:04am

Hi guys....thank you for the kuddos. I plan on putting it back up. I will let you know when it does. I have fibromyalgia and it has been driving me crazy. Kitty
Old 2013-05-26, 10:40am
SCIENCE Teacher!

I don't see anything either and I tried 2 different browsers..
Old 2013-05-26, 11:03am

Ooooh...this thread looks interesting! I'll watch to see when the blog is back up!

Judy
Old 2013-05-26, 11:30am

Sorry to hear about the fibromyalgia... Yuck.

However...Lol... I thought if I can't see the blog I'd check out your beads so I clicked the banner and get taken to "Stinky Dog" beads? Ha ha... That is funny!

Old 2013-05-26, 11:31am

The links don't work for me either. Just a blank black page

Old 2013-05-29, 6:50pm

Hi guys....

I will be getting the blog back up soon. I will post when it is ready...thank you so much for your interest. You have made a bad day good...thanks!!!!

KITTY
Old 2013-06-01, 3:38pm

Hi guys....I wanted to see if anyone who would like to be interviewed in my blog contact (when I put it back up soon) me or let me know here. I would like to have more seasoned lampworkers and jewelry makers so that we can learn from them. I usually ask for a personal trick or technique to share. Just message me or post here. Something that will blow us away!!! Ha ha

It is a short interview with lots of pics usually. Thank you for your consideration.