LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2007-06-18, 4:03pm

Great job Windyki. That is the best thing when you do it your self. It will be all yours and no one can say it is theres. Have a bunch of fun with it. You are really tallented doing this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rose Leslie
Old 2007-06-21, 2:04am

Hey Wendy,
Your trailer (we call them caravans here in New Zealand) looks great and very ritzy with its proper ventilation! I also work in a real scruffy old caravan in my garden! We've been transient for a couple of years so we bought the old caravan and put all my benches in it.
I dont have any ventilation system except for the opening roof hatch and a cross draught through a window and out the door - which is always closed at this time of the year. It's midwinter here and we're up in the mountains.
I'd love to see how you fit out all your gear in the end.
I've found lighting to be a bit of a challenge in mine - I either have too much sunlight through the windows or not enough from the rather pathetic lighting system it has - I've rigged up an old desk lamp which seems to have helped a lot for now.
I'm not keen to spend too much on this setup now as we're planning to go back to our own home in December and I have the cutest workshop/studio there all set up.
Looking forward to seeing more photos as you progress!
Lesley.
Old 2007-07-02, 4:18am
Calendar Girl

Default Good things come...

to those who wait. I admire your perseverence. Just remember, when it's done, all the aggrevation will just be a memory, and you'll have your sanctuary. Good luck and good beads with it!

-Marjo
Old 2007-09-13, 10:49am
Hot Rod Addiction

This is such a great idea -- I'm wondering how it's going along now? Are you moved in and working yet or does life have you in "want to do it but don't have the time" mode? Keep us posted!
Old 2007-09-13, 12:18pm
Trying to Hope!

Unfortinatley I am still waiting on power........ he wants me to put my kiln on a very long cord and I refuse. So until i find a place to put it he wont want it moved in a few moths and get the ditch for the power dug its at a stand still

And of course since I am not doing it how he wants it done I am on my own...

I have a spot in the yard all staked out and a guy freind coming to look at the house circut breaker hopefully this month...if not I am getting a how to wire a plug book from home depot and doing it myself

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2007-09-13, 3:14pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by topher wren View Post
If I was into making beads 12 years ago I would have pulled that thing to all the gratefuldead shows attended and made bead all day to sell at the next show. talk about a great life of traveling the country with that and making money to. best of luck on the project very good Idea ya got there.

That would have been the very best.........
Old 2007-09-13, 5:42pm
Obsessive Torch Disorder

Oh my GOSH! I am SO impressed!! I can't WAIT to see more picture updates!!!

Isn't it AMAZING what we do to find a place to melt glass!!! It's an addiction worse than heroin, isn't it????

Keep us updated!!!!
~Lynn

Facebook:

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
Old 2007-09-21, 8:50am
Trying to Hope!

My electrical is DONE!!!!!! WOOWOOO I am so excited I plan on starting the move over tonight and hopefully be in my own space within the week. I will post more pics as I get them

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

Old 2007-09-30, 5:21pm
Trying to Hope!

its done!!!!!!

whew now I need moreglass..........

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

Old 2007-09-30, 10:53pm

Are those huge jars of Frit under the cabinet?

Old 2007-10-01, 8:01am
Trying to Hope!

hehe dont I wish no there jars of cement pigment somebody gave me a long time ago and I still havent been able to give away yet

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

Old 2007-10-01, 8:01am
Trying to Hope!

those age bags of frit behind the mandrels waiting on jars and labels

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

Old 2007-10-01, 9:29am

Congratulations on your new space. It is wonderful!!
MarieAnn
Old 2007-10-01, 11:49am

WOW! I am so impressed! What a kewl idea! I've had so much fun reading your thread and seeing your progress. Thanks for the ride along!!!! Can't wait to see what you do next!
Old 2007-10-14, 10:21pm
Bic Boy

Location: Currently living in Pinellas Park, Florida, but my home is good old Missoula, Montana

<-----Jealous
Old 2007-10-15, 7:21am
Trying to Hope!

it is soo soo nice working in my own space. I love it

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

Old 2007-10-18, 7:04pm
Hot Glass is Cool Stuff!

Looks wonderful from here! I enjoyed seeing the progress on this as well. I hope you have a wonderful time in your very own den of creativity!

Best...

Milyn

Old 2008-04-01, 9:35pm
Bic Boy

Location: Currently living in Pinellas Park, Florida, but my home is good old Missoula, Montana

hey wendy great idea! I saw this thread a while ago and since then, I've been trying to find a trailer for free or cheap. And I did!
Any advice you could give me on the conversion of a trailer, design aspects for functionality, etc. would be greatly appreciated. The trailer I found is looks to be between 16 and 20 ft long.
Old 2008-04-09, 9:21pm
Trying to find my way

Way to go Wendy!

Your patience paid off!

Isn't Craigslist just the best!?!?!

Old 2008-04-09, 9:26pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

This is SUCH a cool idea, and so well executed! And you've recycled, to boot! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also Available in
: my Electroforming for Everyone booklet.

Old 2008-04-15, 9:45pm
Favorite color is shiny

Just wanted to say your studio is just awesome! I'm especially jealous of the red stool...ahem..love it!

I'm back after a long time with a cold torch. Torch Lit.... Life is goooood.....now!

---> LE
Old 2015-05-29, 11:56pm

Well it looks like a really long time sine your last post, but I wanted to thank you for posting all of this. I am just beginning my studio on wheels journey. I just bought one and will be starting demo soon.
Your studio is great and super inspirational!
Thank you
Laurel