LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2012-02-10, 10:31am
I speak Murrini!

Default Coming Soon: "Tiny Treasure Vessels and Tidbits Too!" A 2-Part Tutorial!

03/11/12 UPDATE:

I am strongly considering doing a "Pre-Order" offer on this Tutorial and with all pre-orders will provide an advanced official "Supplies List". Because (I believe) the nature of the supplies provide a serious "reveal" of my methods of creation and assembly, I'm not going to offer my Supplies List outside of either a pre-order or outright purchase of the Tutorial at time of publication (estimated completion and listing: mid-April, 2012).

I'm almost finished with the written portion of the Tutorial but need help doing all the photoing! It's pretty much impossible to accomplish this single-handed (believe me, I've tried!) so I'm going to have to wait until one of my family members is available to assist. Hopefully all photos will be done in the next few weeks, then I'll get them inserted into the Tutorial and off to my proof-readers by April 1st!

Hi All~

Well, after years and years of being asked, I am finally working on a Tutorial for my small, permanently sealed "Tiny Treasure Vessels and Tidbits Too"! The "tidbits" will feature miniature marbles, tiny bumble bees, itty bitty bones, etc. which can be placed inside the vessels before being permanently sealed!

Technique for making the vessels, the tibdits, the stuffing and sealing techniques (both dry and liquid) will be photoed and demonstrated in a variety of ways and combinations! Part 1 will demonstrate making the vessel and the sealing cap; Part 2 will focus on the tidbits you can put inside!

I work on a Hot Head, so this Tutorial will be for everyone - no matter what type of torch you have!

Here's an example of the technique using a simple sealed vessel containing small "blood" colored miniature marbles (1/8" around!) and itty-bitty "bones":

And here's a snap of some of the miniature marbles you can make! These range from 1/8" to 1/4", and include plain colors as well as wig-wag style! I will even teach you to embed them with itty-bitty murrini!!!

This Tutorial will probably take me anywhere from 3-6 weeks to get together, but I would love to hear who might be interested? Guaranteed to be bunches of fun and a great learning experience as well!

Stay tuned...

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro

Last edited by theglasszone; 2012-03-11 at 10:46am. Reason: Oops! Spell-check! LOL!!!
Old 2012-02-10, 10:51am
Meet Molly

I am absolutely interested, DeAnne!!!

YES, I want this 2-part tutorial. You can count on me buying it the minute you put it out for sale.

Thanks
Neomi
Old 2012-02-10, 11:22am
novembersfyre everywhere

I'd love this tutorial! I am willing to pay to benefit from your hard work in figuring out how to permanently seal a vessel. The tiny marble part looks intriguing also

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-02-10, 11:52am
Not really a tree.

Yes, please.

/
Old 2012-02-10, 1:02pm
Hobby Junkie

I'm glad you are finally doing this De!!!!!

Old 2012-02-10, 1:14pm
Dancing Moon Shadows

Very cool!

[/b][/i][/font]
Old 2012-02-10, 1:56pm

I would very interested it looks so neat and could have tons of possibilities it would be a great tutorial
Old 2012-02-10, 4:14pm
Formerly FishBulb

Heck yeah! Does it come with a magnifier too so us old folks can see what we're doing?

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2012-02-12, 11:18am
I speak Murrini!

Wow, thanks everyone for the positive feedback and encouragement so far! I've been working long and hard to do my outline and have made a good dent in the creation of this Tutorial. Hopefully, today, I will get some help around here to do some of the photoing!

I'll keep you posted and updated as I progress!

Old 2012-02-13, 11:43am

I'm in!

All my children have paws
Proud Member of "YOU PEOPLE" 9.13.11
Old 2012-02-15, 10:22am
I speak Murrini!

Thanks Marie!

Here's another one - done with tiny Hearts inside - just to whet your whistle! I'm workin' on it - promise!!!

De

Old 2012-02-15, 10:53am
novembersfyre everywhere

That is beyond adorable, De!

Old 2012-02-15, 1:11pm

Fun! I look forward to it!

Sals
Old 2012-02-15, 6:38pm
Formerly FishBulb

Hurryyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Old 2012-02-19, 7:38am
Live and Let Live

Love! Are we there yet?!

Old 2012-02-28, 10:03pm

Just checking back...have $$$ burning a hole in my pocket!

Old 2012-03-03, 1:35pm
I speak Murrini!

Aw, thanks you guys! I'm working on it - promise! I am almost done with the written part, and am taking pics next to see if I forgot anything!

The next step, of course, is to assemble it, then have it proof-read to see if I straight up flub. This should take a few more weeks but it's a-comin', promise!

Old 2012-03-03, 6:21pm
color bomb

I'll buy one!
Old 2012-03-03, 8:27pm

If you need help assembling, I would be glad to. I have Adobe and Word...not a problem!

Old 2012-03-07, 8:35am
Formerly FishBulb

Do you need help with proofreading? I doubt you'd flub anything, De.

Besides, we need to get this show on the road so you can get back to making killer murrini!

Old 2012-03-11, 10:45am
I speak Murrini!

Oh Angie! I'm working on it...promise!!!

I'm posting an important UPDATE here and in the first post. Please let me know your thoughts and feedback on this proposal...

UPDATE:

I am strongly considering doing a "Pre-Order" offer on this Tutorial and with all pre-orders will provide an advanced official "Supplies List". Because (I believe) the nature of the supplies provide a serious "reveal" of my methods of creation and assembly, I'm not going to offer my Supplies List outside of either a pre-order or outright purchase of the Tutorial at time of publication (estimated completion and listing: mid-April, 2012).

I'm almost finished with the written portion of the Tutorial but need help doing all the photoing! It's pretty much impossible to accomplish this single-handed (believe me, I've tried!) so I'm going to have to wait until one of my family members is available to assist. Hopefully all photos will be done in the next few weeks, then I'll get them inserted into the Tutorial and off to my proof-readers by April 1st!

Thanks for the support and I'll keep everyone posted...

De

Old 2012-03-11, 11:29am
Formerly FishBulb

I think that's an excellent idea, De. People often want to know if there are any unusual supplies or tools they need to buy for a new tutorial and it's good to know you'll provide that info upon pre-ordering.

Old 2012-03-12, 10:28am

Just let us know how to pay...I'm in.

Old 2012-03-13, 8:14am

I'm in!

ebay

website New shop on website!

New Etsy shop!
Old 2012-03-13, 7:20pm

Me too.
Old 2012-03-18, 10:32am

Me too!!

gail

Cricket w/ 5 lpm Oxycon
Old 2012-03-26, 8:02pm

BUMP

How's it coming along?

Old 2012-03-28, 12:56pm

I am very interested in getting this tutorial too!!
Old 2012-03-31, 7:45pm
KAS Lampwork Beads

Me too!

My ETSY STORE:

Old 2012-04-02, 11:57pm

Update? I'm still holding off my glass order..................