LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-10-02, 6:57pm

Default Loren Stump in Murano

Happened to be in Lucio's workshop in Murano a couple of weeks ago when Loren Stump was teaching.

All were working on what I'm sure turned out to be an amazing murrini of a Murano canal scene.

If there's anyone out there on LWE who particpated in the workshop, could you PLEASE (please please) post a picture of the final murrini - THANKS

PS Please post any other pics you think we might also enjoy.

THANKS,
Rose
(in Oz)
Old 2007-10-03, 5:44pm
Cherine Perrin Glass

Yeah Pretty please someone here has to have been there. I'd love to see that Murrine.

My Etsy shop: https://
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
face="Verdana">Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/CherinePerrinLampwork/
Old 2007-10-03, 5:54pm

I just got back from Italy and was also in Murano and stopped by to see Loren on the 20th. The murrini they where working on was just amazing. He had the class go out the first day and take photos of the island and had them pick out the best one of the bunch. The one they picked had 2 buildings in it with flowers in the windows, a bridge and a man in a boat in the canal. Each student was working on a specific piece of the picture. Loren said it will be the most complex murrini ever made on the island of Murano. He said he had know idea how it was going to turn out, but was looking forward to putting it all together. I am taking a class with him in November and made him promise to bring a slice of the murrini with him so I could see it. If no one else from the class responds to this I will make sure to take a picture of it and post it.

Lynn
Old 2007-10-03, 6:44pm

Oooh I'd love to see photos too! And photos of Lucio's workshop. I'll be taking a class with him in Murano in April and can't hardly wait! ~Juliet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...overlooking Mill Creek on the Chesapeake Bay...
Old 2007-10-08, 5:49pm

Bumping - just in case a workshop participant is viewing!
Old 2007-10-09, 5:14am

Hey Sheila - good to see your post and glad you made it back home safetly. I too am interested in seeing the finished product. Bonnie
Old 2007-10-09, 10:56am

Hi Rose, I'm sure if you stay in touch with Joella, she will be sure you get to see the finished product.

Wasn't Lucio's studio a heavenly studio?! I remember long before I even dreamed I'd go to Murano while seeing his presentation at the International Flamework Converence in Salem, NJ, when he was the featured artist. He did a slide presentation the first night of the event, and all I felt very overwhelmingly was, "If I could just be a FLY ON THE WALL of his studio!" Each year he does things to the studio to improve it and make it even more wonderful.

Ofilia
Old 2007-10-09, 5:15pm

Thank Ofilia for the tip.

And YES, Lucio's studio was heavenly, as is the man himself and his work. Think I'll be returning to do a workshop - but in winter!

Rose
Old 2007-10-09, 6:10pm
Celebrating Passion

I Want To See It!!!!!!!!

Old 2007-10-09, 6:21pm

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyRose View Post
Thank Ofilia for the tip.

And YES, Lucio's studio was heavenly, as is the man himself and his work. Think I'll be returning to do a workshop - but in winter!

Rose

Hi Rose, go during Carnival if you "must" do winter! I'm from Chicago and I couldn't take the wet cold of Venice. Somehow those cold winds coming down from the Alps sweeping up the moisture from the water really hit deep. I had come home sick as a dog with a bronchitis that took a month to go away. But it was worth it to experience Carnivale after all I'd read so much about it. I've sworn off winter travel there until that bone chill has become an faded old memory . Bring layers to wear, and definately keep your throat covered!

Ofilia